Toucan Do It! Purple Cheesy Og-zie: A Dutch Seed Shop Grow By VG-zie!

Does this help?

Or this:
"It simply means that this specific plant under the name you know circulates only in form of a living plant, which due to its strong favorable characteristics have been selected for further commercial production.
Even you if you managed to find more seeds of the same crossing, chances you will find genetically the same plant as your desired "clone-only" are close to none, simply because plants are individual just like people.
Clone-only strains are known for their unique characteristics and qualities. They have usually been preselected for their traits"
Source

"It simply means that this specific plant under the name you know circulates only in form of a living plant,"

Quoted from the link you gave me. So how can someone be growing clone only Exodus from seed....? I still don't get how it can be clone only if you can buy the seed - the two things contradict eachother.

"It simply means that this specific plant under the name you know circulates only in form of a living plant,"

Quoted from the link you gave me. So how can someone be growing clone only Exodus from seed....? I still don't get how it can be clone only if you can buy the seed - the two things contradict eachother.
A lot of plants start off as clone only. Some are a funky bagseed phenos.Sour Diesel started off that way.
Some of these cuts made it to breeders and they reversed, made seeds and started a pheno hunt to find the ideal plant that fits the description of the original plant to get their seed stock from. This is now the beginning of the strain sold as seed.
Once you make seeds they can have genetic variances so this is why they pheno hunt and back cross. Even with years of breeding some strains are more stable than others. Some will show one or two phenos per pack while others show three or four. This could have to do with the skill of the breeder, how long and extensive their breeding program was or how unstable the genetics of original plant were.

Exodus started off as a cut called UK Cheese. This pheno was said to have come from a Skunk #1 grow.
ExoDus is the name of the group of UK breeders that reversed the Cheese cut and found their ideal plant to make seeds. The pheno that they chose became ExoDus Cheese, renamed after the breeder collective that developed it. UK Cheese was clone only. By the time it was renamed ExoDus Cheese it was no longer a clone only chemovar.

Clone only plants don't have to stay that way and eventually most are put into breeding programs. After this they are no longer considered clone only.
You can look up descriptions of strains and come across info that says they are formally a clone only strain.

Cannaconnection.com has this description of ExoDus. Note the word originally.

Exodus Cheese is a hybrid cannabis variety. It is often referred to as just “Cheese” or "UK Cheese”. It is believed to have grown out of Skunk #1 seeds and was originally only available as a clone. Exodus Cheese is well known for its strong and long-lasting effects, leaving users stoned for up to 4+ hours.

ExoDus worked for many years to stabilize this strain.

I hope I explained that well enough to answer your question. I am very sleep deprived so I hope it makes any sense at all.

Welcome to my journal....

. I am very sleep deprived

Fix

Coffee
Creamer... Chocolate preferred
Good CBD oil, half t spoon
Good Sativa oil, half t spoon

Repeat as needed

Thanks for stopping by Dr Scorpios office

Fix

Coffee
Creamer... Chocolate preferred
Good CBD oil, half t spoon
Good Sativa oil, half t spoon

Repeat as needed

Thanks for stopping by Dr Scorpios office
Broke my carafe a few days ago. I have to use a tea ball to make my chewable coffee. I need to get into my camping stuff so I can at least make egg coffee until I buy a new carafe.

*** goes off to make gross coffee***

A lot of plants start off as clone only. Some are a funky bagseed phenos.Sour Diesel started off that way.
Some of these cuts made it to breeders and they reversed, made seeds and started a pheno hunt to find the ideal plant that fits the description of the original plant to get their seed stock from. This is now the beginning of the strain sold as seed.
Once you make seeds they can have genetic variances so this is why they pheno hunt and back cross. Even with years of breeding some strains are more stable than others. Some will show one or two phenos per pack while others show three or four. This could have to do with the skill of the breeder, how long and extensive their breeding program was or how unstable the genetics of original plant were.

Exodus started off as a cut called UK Cheese. This pheno was said to have come from a Skunk #1 grow.
ExoDus is the name of the group of UK breeders that reversed the Cheese cut and found their ideal plant to make seeds. The pheno that they chose became ExoDus Cheese, renamed after the breeder collective that developed it. UK Cheese was clone only. By the time it was named ExoDus Cheese it was no longer a clone only chemovar.

Clone only plants don't have to stay that way and eventually most are put into breeding programs. After this they are no longer considered clone only.
You can look up descriptions of strains and come across info that says they are formally a clone only strain.

Exodus Cheese is a hybrid cannabis variety. It is often referred to as just “Cheese” or "UK Cheese”. It is believed to have grown out of Skunk #1 seeds and was originally only available as a clone. Exodus Cheese is well known for its strong and long-lasting effects, leaving users stoned for up to 4+ hours.

I hope I explained that well enough to answer you question. I am very sleep deprived so I hope it makes any sense at all.

Very interesting VG. You explained that very well (sleepy or no) and I’ve not heard about clone only strains before, so thanks. #learningiscool

ExoDus is the name of the group of UK breeders that reversed the Cheese cut and found their ideal plant to make seeds. The pheno that they chose became ExoDus Cheese, renamed after the breeder collective that developed it. UK Cheese was clone only. By the time it was renamed ExoDus Cheese it was no longer a clone only chemovar.

I hope I explained that well enough to answer your question. I am very sleep deprived so I hope it makes any sense at all.

Ok so it's just really a bit of historical hype calling it clone only as most breeder creations start as clones of a desired pheno. It may have seemed like a dumb question but sometimes it's gotta be asked ;) Thanks for spending some tired minutes answering my query. A couple of hits of 707 Headband and an expresso does it for me. Shabba!

Ok so it's just really a bit of historical hype calling it clone only as most breeder creations start as clones of a desired pheno. It may have seemed like a dumb question but sometimes it's gotta be asked ;) Thanks for spending some tired minutes answering my query. A couple of hits of 707 Headband and an expresso does it for me. Shabba!
No problem. Glad to help.

I will, but the man's excitement on the splash screen conflicts with my currently smooth peaceful mood. He looks like a door to door solicitor that has had too much early sativa.
He isn't that bad. Lol.
I have a no solicitation sign on my front door. It only works on people who understand the word or the symbol on it. Turns out most people don't these days.

Thanks V, very informative. How casual was he when he went over getting dumb. :D
Good morning Stone. :love:
IKR! I thought it was interesting. I also thought that he explained the major terpenes quite well.

Back
Top Bottom