Trala’s Tent

Kk 1,2,3 back to me.

I had heaps to do after work so I was rushing going 100 miles an hour and I tore Mimmy’s beautiful hand off. My day has been filled with, oh no moments followed by yay moments, it really has.

Omg first oh no. I nearly fainted at work today. Like I proper saw stars and swooned. Got a new admit with maggots in a leg wound - oh noooooooo! But once I pulled myself together and got my swab and dressing stuff I realised the maggots cleaned the wound bed to a degree and prolly made the dressing easier yay! Then I dropped my coffee - oh no, and then a coworker surprised me with a fancy one, yay!

So the theme has followed me home:-
Ripped Mimmy’s beautiful hand off - oh no
New clone opportunity given Bubbles looks faaaaked - yay

FD27FA20-4A15-4E23-8134-D86CC69CA26F.jpeg
FED30B8B-CBD8-4D85-8888-332E77E5439B.jpeg

My monstercropped clones look awful - oh no
Road Runners little monsterclone has its first sign of actual life ♥️♥️♥️

6145A4C5-30A4-4DC4-AE77-0AF04AB72B99.jpeg
59EDFD11-EC00-4570-9E33-AFDCA378C7FF.jpeg

So it’s too early to call if there will be complete survival, but it’s the first clone to show actual growth, which makes me so happy. After ruining Kimee I’m actually feeling quite bummed about growing and my ability. I put so much work into that plant, I really did. I just don’t know what I did wrong, well I kind of do know a few things..leaving her in a monsoon for one, feeding her the wrong nutes is prolly another, dropping her and breaking several branches yup another…loll. Never let the truth get in the way of my trama seeking behaviour lolllingggg

Did you watch the video I posted?

The guys were always more into Monty Python than I was but Felonious could do this sketch perfectly:

Bin shoppin'?

No bin shopping.

Whad you buy?

Bought a piston engine.

A piston engine? How do you cook it?

You don't cook it, silly.

Well, you can't expect me to eat it raw!!!
Even I with one of the worst memories can quote several of those oldies. Mention: School of funny walks, Is this the room to have an argument?, Spam, Yeah it's more manfunny I guess.

Yeah nah I think they’re faaaaked mate.

But I’ll hang in there till they go brown lollllll
Must be an aussie gardener term. Key to clones is not to wet them too much so the stem has something to do. An odd method that works is an old gardeners one . A ball of potting soil wrapped around the place to take the cutting from and held in place with clingfilm/sandwich wrap. As soon as roots appear in the ball, snip it below and a cutting rooted is ready to plabt6. This works on bigger mother plants and one i used in the distant past. Means you can get on with growing it normally till the roots form on the limb used then snip and go. No issue with over spraying or drying out that way too. It is a hard balance when using a propagator and misting. I have killed many from rot or drying out. Keep the faith.

Kk 1,2,3 back to me.

I had heaps to do after work so I was rushing going 100 miles an hour and I tore Mimmy’s beautiful hand off. My day has been filled with, oh no moments followed by yay moments, it really has.

Omg first oh no. I nearly fainted at work today. Like I proper saw stars and swooned. Got a new admit with maggots in a leg wound - oh noooooooo! But once I pulled myself together and got my swab and dressing stuff I realised the maggots cleaned the wound bed to a degree and prolly made the dressing easier yay! Then I dropped my coffee - oh no, and then a coworker surprised me with a fancy one, yay!

So it’s too early to call if there will be complete survival, but it’s the first clone to show actual growth, which makes me so happy. After ruining Kimee I’m actually feeling quite bummed about growing and my ability. I put so much work into that plant, I really did. I just don’t know what I did wrong, well I kind of do know a few things..leaving her in a monsoon for one, feeding her the wrong nutes is prolly another, dropping her and breaking several branches yup another…loll. Never let the truth get in the way of my trama seeking behaviour lolllingggg
Way to go seeing the positives T. Keep on smiming and the world smiles back

T

Thank you, Ganja.

Virgin Ground recommended that in my journal along with flushing first.
VG knows her onions. Great member to listen too. Cal mag is a regular issue for lots of us too so we see it early on thankfully.

Must be an aussie gardener term. Key to clones is not to wet them too much so the stem has something to do. An odd method that works is an old gardeners one . A ball of potting soil wrapped around the place to take the cutting from and held in place with clingfilm/sandwich wrap. As soon as roots appear in the ball, snip it below and a cutting rooted is ready to plabt6. This works on bigger mother plants and one i used in the distant past. Means you can get on with growing it normally till the roots form on the limb used then snip and go. No issue with over spraying or drying out that way too. It is a hard balance when using a propagator and misting. I have killed many from rot or drying out. Keep the faith.
Thanks G Banger :)

I’m usually ok with clones. And on the upside none of them are actually dead, they are just really slow to take. But they are all still green on some level. One thing I did do that might be the cause is I’ve tried to strike them in a seed mix soil and not my usual propagation mix soil coz I’d run out. I’m prolly clutching there tbh. Lolll

My little Bubbles got too much humidity in her dome. I drill holes in the top so I can sort of control the steam with Blutak stoppers. She got so sweaty her bottom leaves rotted. She still has some green tho. I always stick with my plants till the bitter end.

Damn sure don’t growl at it. It will bite ya! Positive people Rock!

NTH
But not too positive.

I reckon an overly positive person is just as annoying as an overly negative person.

Let’s face it, we all have that Facebook friend that churns out a steady flow of uploaded cut and pasted inspirational posts that we want to punch in the fucking face… or is that just me?

An odd method that works is an old gardeners one . A ball of potting soil wrapped around the place to take the cutting from and held in place with clingfilm/sandwich wrap. As soon as roots appear in the ball, snip it below and a cutting rooted is ready to plabt6.
Air layering. Excellent method to get a clone from larger or smaller branches. I have about 30-40 air layers planned to start next spring. From Japanese maples, Monterey cypress, fruit trees, and even some cannabis plants too. It is an excellent propogating method IF you are planning for it.
I reckon an overly positive person is just as annoying as an overly negative person.
100% FACTS!!! Not on Facebook anymore because of toxic negativity AND too many damn fake ass inspirational posts. What kills me the most are the people posting it. I guess it makes them feel better thinking that everyone else thinks they have it together?!

Bitch...I'm one dab away from slapping the shit out of you?! Not you Trala...but the make believe person I'm talking about that I'm no longer friends with on Facebook.

Ok...I need a hit of SOMETHING!!!

100% FACTS!!! Not on Facebook anymore because of toxic negativity AND too many damn fake ass inspirational posts. What kills me the most are the people posting it. I guess it makes them feel better thinking that everyone else thinks they have it together?!

Bitch...I'm one dab away from slapping the shit out of you?! Not you Trala...but the make believe person I'm talking about that I'm no longer friends with on Facebook.

Omg I know! Facebook makes you hate the people you used to like.

A friend of mine is OBSESSED with the hashtags #blessed #soulmate #love. Let’s get real Jess, be honest #alwaysmoaningimtired #imleavinghim #cantevenfuckhimanymore

And I have another friend who posts these artsy pics of her kids with captions like “my world” and “my everything”. Be honest Sarah, you spend your life on your phone scrolling the gram while intermittently screaming at your kids to shut up. You actually told me you can’t wait to get back to work and put the baby in daycare because she is driving you insane.

Stop with the illusion!

LOLLLLLL

Ok I think drying in the fridge is a game changer. I checked some bud that’s been in there two weeks. It was 3 buds, one from each plant for a glitter check I did 2 weeks ago.

So did the check and shake today. Freaked out coz it felt as dry as a nuns nasty and it was 35% humidity. Put it in a jar, put the lid on. 5 hours later:-

C568100D-8314-4368-BB98-5A0BF43666F9.jpeg

And OMG the smell! Like so fruity! Zero hay smell. And the colour! So beautiful! I’m 100% sold. I can not believe it still had moisture to get to 64%! I thought it was faaaaaaaaked.

I’m drying everything in the fridge going forward. For my climate it’s a game changer. Shout out to @McRib and @LizardMate in case they are interested in trying it.

Oh and Road Runner has so many leaky amber spots. That bud jizz stuff.

And Operation Take Over ManCave Fridge is officially underway lolll

E5AA6DEE-CBEC-406E-BAED-23D3EB5B1FDA.jpeg

But not too positive.

Let’s face it, we all have that Facebook friend that churns out a steady flow of uploaded cut and pasted inspirational posts that we want to punch in the fucking face… or is that just me?

I gave up on doing Leslie Sansone videos because she's just too fucking cheerful all the time. :battingeyelashes:

I gave up on doing Leslie Sansone videos because she's just too fucking cheerful all the time. :battingeyelashes:
People like that only sit sniveling in their dressing rooms and end up with broken lives because everything about them is fake - they believe their own bullshit until they forget who they were and end up nobody

Kk 1,2,3 back to me.

Maggots in a wound... damn. Nurses are heroes! I would be kicked out of nursing school on maggot wound day.

I'm gonna be popping 5 seeds soon! Just picking up some last minute stuff, but I'll let you know when I do

Air layering. Excellent method to get a clone from larger or smaller branches. I have about 30-40 air layers planned to start next spring. From Japanese maples, Monterey cypress, fruit trees, and even some cannabis plants too. It is an excellent propogating method IF you are planning for it.

Is that what it is called. Seen some great little plastic pots that you attach to stems rhe same way as the old way. Thanks baked.

Back
Top Bottom