Trim bottom leaves?

4me2kn0

As I was watering today I noticed some lower leaves were brown and dying off. These plants are very bushy all the way to the soil and I was wondering if it's ok to cut off some of the lower leaves.. these are autos so I'm not sure if I should or just let it be incase it would stunt its growth or help it get nutrient where it needs it most.

20230130_185029.jpg

As I was watering today I noticed some lower leaves were brown and dying off. These plants are very bushy all the way to the soil and I was wondering if it's ok to cut off some of the lower leaves.. these are autos so I'm not sure if I should or just let it be incase it would stunt its growth or help it get nutrient where it needs it most.

20230130_185029.jpg
A pic of the bottom that you're talking about trimming would help.

did you top ?

i defol autos carefully if i do them at all. they don't work it the same as a photo. as an alternate you can give a light tug on the yellowing leaves, they'll come off easily if not providing anything to the plant. leave the ones that don't come off easy alone.

Nice looking plant and it looks to be well on its way to producing a decent crop of buds.

Yes, a photo showing the whole plant from top to bottom so we can have a better chance of seeing what you are noticing when you look at the plant. Sometimes when the very lower leaves start to turn brown and die off it might be because of lack of sufficient light below the heavy canopy growth.

.as an alternate you can give a light tug on the yellowing leaves, they'll come off easily if not providing anything to the plant. leave the ones that don't come off easy alone.
Yes, this. Often a leaf that is turning yellow for awhile before starting to turn brown is not as big of a deal as a leaf that starts off turning brown. Sometimes those leaves will fall off just by touching them and no need to give them a tug.

Yep, it would really help if a photo of the whole plant is posted.

did you top ?

i defol autos carefully if i do them at all. they don't work it the same as a photo. as an alternate you can give a light tug on the yellowing leaves, they'll come off easily if not providing anything to the plant. leave the ones that don't come off easy alone.
I did not top.

Nice looking plant and it looks to be well on its way to producing a decent crop of buds.

Yes, a photo showing the whole plant from top to bottom so we can have a better chance of seeing what you are noticing when you look at the plant. Sometimes when the very lower leaves start to turn brown and die off it might be because of lack of sufficient light below the heavy canopy growth.

Yes, this. Often a leaf that is turning yellow for awhile before starting to turn brown is not as big of a deal as a leaf that starts off turning brown. Sometimes those leaves will fall off just by touching them and no need to give them a tug.

Yep, it would really help if a photo of the whole plant is posted.
Here's a better pic, I went ahead and pulled off a few dead leaves.

20230203_162526.jpg

20230203_162516.jpg

20230130_185029.jpg
Pretty Looking Auto's you have there!! I grow mostly photo period plants. And have only grown a couple handfuls of autoflower plants. They ARE definitely Finicky with trimming or topping as compared to a photo period plant. That being said, You're plants look Very healthy and I honestly don't think taking some semi dead/used up foliage will stunt her at all.. if anything will create more airflow underneath and less chance of boytritus in late flower.

Lookin' good and totally fine to remove those leaves.

I leave the lower fans and larf. I give the little plant enough nutes to grow plenty big buds at the top and still finish off the feathery buds down in the bush. All that larf feeds the RSO machine, and future live rosin pressing, gotta have it!

Back
Top Bottom