Troy's 2nd - Autos - DP Ultimate & Euphoria, Meph Alien v Tangle, RQS Diesel

Re: Troy's 2nd Grow — DP Auto Ultimate & Euphoria, Meph Alien v Tangle Auto, RQS Die

Welcome Tio - please feel free to jump in anytime with comments, criticism or just to say hi. I'm learning something new day. There are a lot of first for me here so lots of room to screw up.

Re: Troy's 2nd Grow — DP Auto Ultimate & Euphoria, Meph Alien v Tangle Auto, RQS Die

I know you shouldn't be disturbing the girls but couldn't resist. All are starting to sprout. My Daiquiri Lime has the biggest tap root but looks look like it may be broken. Possibly when I looked last night.

I popped another just in case.

1.jpg

Welcome back, Troy hope you enjoyed your vacation! Looks like you have some awesome strains this go around! I'll be tagging along for this journey as well.:thumb::rollit:

Welcome back, Troy hope you enjoyed your vacation! Looks like you have some awesome strains this go around! I'll be tagging along for this journey as well.:thumb::rollit:

Thanks JayC. I've really missed all the folks on 420. I'm in for a good ride as I play with Autos For the first time.

Been a busy day in prepping my new Grow. The seeds are looking good and some may get planted tomorrow.

I erected my new 4x4 tent and starting to get her ready. I also installed a new 6" charcoal filter.

1.jpg

I also started to get my Coco Choir ready. I used 3 each 5kg bales to fill 6 each 7 gallon grow bags. I flushed them afterward and may flush one more time just to make sure all the salts are washed out.

2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Dude choice genetics and your hitting every nail on the head so far!

Loving it man, super stoked to see how the big pots work for you in coco-ill be watching closely!

Thanks BigN

Put in a lot of work today and got the tent fired up. The only problem with the bigger pots is they are heavy especially right after flushing. Will be interested to see how much their weight drops after they dry out a bit. With 6 plants in the tent I don't think I will be doing much moving around. I'll see how it goes and may fire up my other tent.

1/16/2018 Planting Day

I got the tent up and running this morning. Lights, Fans and Grow Pots are in place and time to replant some of the seeds.

Couple pictures of the seeds

1.jpg
2.jpg

This is the funky root one I popped a second seed last night and both are ready today. I planted both in the same pot and see happens.

3.jpg

Looking for advise on what temperature I should keep the tent at right after popping the beans in the soil. With just one light running on Veg I am sitting at 72 F (22 C).

Looking for advise on what temperature I should keep the tent at right after popping the beans in the soil. With just one light running on Veg I am sitting at 72 F (22 C).

72 should be fine. I like to run my tent a little warmer, around 80F, but most recommendations i see are 70-75F.

Appreciate the advise SF

I may try to get the temps up a little higher. I'm going to try to see how turning on the second light affects temps tomorrow. I currently have the lights set at a 18/4 cycle I think I have them set to be dark between 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM.

My ambient temps are about 62 degrees so shouldn't be too difficult to bring the temps up.

When my seeds popped I had my temp at 24c, a little more then 17 days in the temp is now at 24 - 28c with humidity at about 49 (a bit low) but have been battling bitter cold where I am.
Yours should be good around 22c
How are you planning to water? Are you using drip irrigation with the coco?

I'm sure it must be tough on you battling bitter cold. I was reading how cold it was between Christmas and New Year in your neck of the world while I was in Buenos Aires.

I live in the San Francisco Bay area and we get lows at night down to about 7 C and day time highs in January 12-18 C during the day. My grow area is in an interior garage and it usually stays about 16 C

As for watering... I really haven't figured that out yet. I think I will start out hand watering but need to get working on a way of getting water back to the plants in the back of the tent once the start growing. I'm retired now so don't have a problem of watering them a couple times a day if necessary. I may play around with some type of drip but not sure as I really can't use a water system attached to the mains as I am in the garage.

Have any ideas?

Re: Troy's 2nd — Autos - DP Ultimate & Euphoria, Meph Alien v Tangle, RQS Diesel

Bend over and get back in there and water em.. dont get sunburnt from the lights lol. The plants would appreciate you watering them right when they need it if you can do it.. it helps. So they dont get too much or too little. Also i like to keep my temps around 78-80 for seedlings as well.. you can put the light a little closer so it gets the dirt warmer if needed. Nice tap roots on em! ..

re: Troy's 2nd - Autos - DP Ultimate & Euphoria, Meph Alien v Tangle, RQS Diesel

IMTOASTED-

Sounds good. The temperatures are a bit warmer today and sitting at 77 this morning. I suspect the concrete floor is warming up and the second light is giving some extra heat. I may drop the lights a bit today. I'm at about 3 feet currently with only the Veg switches on.

The domes are filled with fog this morning and the humidity is running at 86% The humidity seems a bit high but probably ok for germination. I haven't turned on the exhaust fans yet.

I still have a couple seeds that haven't germinated yet. A couple of them have cracked but no tap yet.

re: Troy's 2nd - Autos - DP Ultimate & Euphoria, Meph Alien v Tangle, RQS Diesel

I'm no expert by any means with Coco as this is my first time using it. Last time I grew one plant in supersoil and the other DWC.

So far i am finding that it retains more moisture than some have lead me to believe. A day after I did a major flush and the pots are still heavy and the top is moist and fluffy(not soaked). It may be different once the girls are up and drinking heavy. I decided to go with straight CoCo and did not add any amendments like perlite. I have some beneficial nematodes that I plan on adding in a day or two.

Troy's 2nd — Autos - DP Ultimate & Euphoria, Meph Alien v Tangle, RQS Diesel

I agree with you on that one. I am trying to keep my conditions as positive as possible. The tent is stabilizing and running at 78 F (25.5 C) and humidity is high at 83%. The humidity is probably at 100% in the domes as there is fog inside them. As I understand it the girls like it humid during the seedling stage so not going to worry about it. If anyone thinks the humidity is too high let me know.

Here's the Grow room.

1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom