Troy's 2nd - Autos - DP Ultimate & Euphoria, Meph Alien v Tangle, RQS Diesel

re: Troy's 2nd - Autos - DP Ultimate & Euphoria, Meph Alien v Tangle, RQS Diesel

The are on a heat mat at about 80 degrees. The ones that failed I found the temps were hitting 90 so I put down a towel to bring the temps down. Possibly I cooked them and it caused them to fail. The new seeds look like they are doing ok so far.

Most of the replacement seeds cracked and I put them in Rockwool cubes. Let's hope they sprout this time.

Dee is doing great and looks healthy.

Daiquiri Lime (Dee) - Day 4

1.jpg
2.jpg

Hey Troy
Are your plants sitting on cement floor?
I know you are in a better climate than I am but I never put
my plants directly on cement. Concrete will suck the warmth out the soil
Not sure if it would be a issue where you are

Hector

Hi Hector --

Not exactly on cement floor. I have them sitting on some raisers that keep them about 1" off the saucers so they won't sit in water. I put a thermometer on the floor of the tent and I think it has stabilized to the tent as it is reading 67 F (19.4 C).

I think I should be ok on that one. This is my first winter grow so working on keeping the tempers and humidity stable.

Waiting on the new seeds to pop out of the cubes. The seeds only had just cracked when I popped them and didn't have much of a tap so may be a couple days yet before I should be seeing some green - :reading420magazine:

Dee - Daiquiri Lime - Day 5

1.jpg
2.jpg

Good to see you back Troy. I really like those genetics you have. Everything looks great so far

Thanks Neil. Really missed all you guys while I was away. I like the genetics but having problems with the DP seeds getting to germinate. I have some new seeds germinating so hope to be back on schedule soon. It may have been user error as I had them on a propagation mat and it hit as high as 95 degrees before I insulated them with a towel (I might have cooked my girls as they all failed).

Re: Troy's 2nd - Autos - DP Ultimate & Euphoria, Meph Alien v Tangle, RQS Diesel

Coming along nicely looking great

Thanks Hector - Dee does seem like she is doing pretty well. I have begun watering her with nutes at about 335 ppm of PH'd water. I also added some Cal/Mag as I understand CoCo really strips the Magnesium. I'm also following some recommendations to water in a ring about 4 inches from the plant to force her to stretch her roots.

Still on watch for my baby girls to pop. The cubes were getting a little dry so I watered them this morning.

Dee continues to do well and getting her daily watering. I may start planning a drip auto watering system today. I have to run to the hardware store today for some other things so will be a good opportunity to figure out what how I will construct it.

Dee - Day 6
3.jpg
4.jpg

I've never grown in coco but I have followed a couple of journals
and they have said the same thing about watering in a circle
I'd like to try coco but I'd have to set up a drip irrigation system
My days at work tend to be too long.
Hope those beans pop soon for you

Buenos Dias Hector

I think I am going to work on setting up an auto watering system. I'm retired now but still do some consulting, good news is all my work is done from home. I will be away for 3 days in March so will need something to fill in for me when I'm away.

I found a really neat timer on Amazon ($11.99) today that has a smallest increment at 1 second. I also found a pump that should work well.

I've done a number of drip irrigation systems out doors for my hanging baskets so probably have all the supplies I will need. I just need to figure out how i'm going to do it and get off my lazy ass and do it.

Subbed, I'm a little late but I would like to follow your journal. I'm at the start of my third grow and first with coco. I have some autos and photos in coco and I am very impressed with my growth rate and how good the plants are doing. My oldest autos are only 16 days old so I'm just starting so hopefully growing in coco works out good for us both lol. Best of luck to you...️

I'll be taking notes on your drip system...lol
The wife wants me to move my room to the basement
So I'll plan to set up a drip system then

Basement might be a good location. I would think it will really benefit you when summer comes and help keep the temperatures down. My garage is kida like a basement. I live in a 3 story place - Main entrance is on second floor in front but garage is sub grade on back side. The temperatures are pretty stable year round and I have access to water right outside the garage door.

Drip systems a great idea! Coco can't dry up otherwise the salts will burn your roots! Very important to keep it wet at all times- it holds 30%oxygen while saturated so overwatering isn't a problem :3

Great start Troy! Stoked to see you grow some fire :3. .

Subbed, I'm a little late but I would like to follow your journal. I'm at the start of my third grow and first with coco. I have some autos and photos in coco and I am very impressed with my growth rate and how good the plants are doing. My oldest autos are only 16 days old so I'm just starting so hopefully growing in coco works out good for us both lol. Best of luck to you...️

Welcome ECG - You are most welcome and please jump in and chat. Nothing is off limits :welcome:

Do you have a Journal going would love to follow along?

So far my one plant that popped loves the CoCo. I just checked on my seeds in the cubes (OK ... I'm anxious) and see the seeds are doing pretty well... the tap root is growing which is good. I'm keeping the cubes in a propagation dome to maintain humidity. I'll be jumping for joy when I finally see their little green leaves.

Back
Top Bottom