Trusted A Fart: Got This Shitshow

So... my lil Texas town in under invasion right now... lol

We are one of the cities that falls directly in the Path of Totality for this eclipse. Our population is roughly 6000... small town cattle country.
They are expecting around 1,000,000 visitors in the county during this eclipse 🤯

It's gonna be a shit-show! They even shut schools down on Monday & Tuesday because most roads will be closed or traffic jammed.

We're gonna hunker down for the weekend & emerge on Tuesday to get back at it.

My worry is that this is happening at our most beautiful time of year. All the TX wildflowers are blooming and the weather is perfect.
1000002870.jpg
1000002871.jpg

I worry that all these campervans and Subaru might want to stay & move down here....

Not a fan of that idea! 🤣

....It will be funny to watch all the west-coaster's heads explode when they see people in the Walmart carrying a pistol on their hip. LoL

We considered changing our winter getaway to take in the event, but the increase in rates between Easter and the eclipse was astronomical! ;) ...it does have the highest percentage of having clear skies...hope so, my younger brother and family arrived there today for some sun before and after...things coming along nicely in the grow room P9...:thumb::thumb:...cheerz...:high-five:...h00k...

Which is worse: 1 million tourists looking for the eclipse in your TX county or 1 million cicadas/acre looking for love in your old state up north?
We’re supposed to have that going on here. People are acting like it’s some great thing because it only happens once in a blue moon or something. But it is what it is, just a bunch of bugs making a lot of noise. At least the birds and other critters will eat good 👍. CL🍀

You'll observe approx 4m 25s of totality in Southern Texas
Mississippi, Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky, West Virginia will see closer to 4:20 before the umbra drifts NE over the Atlantic
We fall in this area along the Colorado River...
1000002873.jpg

It'll be amazing to watch! The kids & I will be in lawnchairs in the front yard with welding hoods on. 🤣

1000002873.jpg

It'll be amazing to watch! The kids & I will be in lawnchairs in the front yard with welding hoods on. 🤣
That's perfect, tick it off the list and move onto aurora borealis
One of the things that surprised and delighted me in the UK eclipse of 1999, is that if you take photos of dappled shade or reflections, the shadows are the shape of the Sun so I got millions of crescents with partial, you would get millions of cool rings?

1000002873.jpg

I didn’t even know that the Colorado river ran that far. I just thought that the people in Cali would have drained it for their agriculture by now. CL🍀

I didn’t even know that the Colorado river ran that far. I just thought that the people in Cali would have drained it for their agriculture by now. CL🍀
It was nothing but a lake puddlenales when I left few yrs ago. They even disturbed the aquifer when they got homes established. I can't imagine what it looks like now. The bluebonnets are absolutely gorgeous 💚

So... my lil Texas town in under invasion right now... lol

We are one of the cities that falls directly in the Path of Totality for this eclipse. Our population is roughly 6000... small town cattle country.
They are expecting around 1,000,000 visitors in the county during this eclipse 🤯

It's gonna be a shit-show! They even shut schools down on Monday & Tuesday because most roads will be closed or traffic jammed.

We're gonna hunker down for the weekend & emerge on Tuesday to get back at it.

My worry is that this is happening at our most beautiful time of year. All the TX wildflowers are blooming and the weather is perfect.
1000002870.jpg
1000002871.jpg

I worry that all these campervans and Subaru might want to stay & move down here....

Not a fan of that idea! 🤣

....It will be funny to watch all the west-coaster's heads explode when they see people in the Walmart carrying a pistol on their hip. LoL
My buddy from Whiltshire county, U.K. is coming your way as his Dad lives in the path as well and he and his wife are traveling here, probably today, wild!

Doc brix dicks

This made me legitimately laugh out loud

I do not own the company.... yet.

I've taken over full management of the company as the owner is elderly and cannot do the job anymore. We will purchase the company from the current owner in the next year or two.

That’s good shit. I’m in a sort of similar situation. The boss man is getting tired and wants to retire.

Unfortunately for him, his son isn’t ready to take over, and he doesn’t know if he will ever be because the kid has never had to really do any other crappy work before so he doesn’t realize the value of the job.

Boss offered to sell me my routes (100 customers) if I’ll sign a local non compete for the first couple years. I’m still undecided. In reality, I wouldn’t need to buy the customers from him because they would wind up just following me wherever I go anyway. However, I’m a big believer in not screwing people over, and since he’s only ever taken care of me and paid me well, I’m not really looking to do that to him. I’ll likely wind up just helping his son make the transition, and if he can’t keep up then I’ll go my own way.

:laughtwo: Yeah, me too. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Actually, to be fair, there were only a couple of true dickheads. *sigh, Don't we just love the loud and proud. :rolleyes:
True....

....I can be a bit too loud & proud as well.

I probably throw gasoline on a fire that needed water. LoL. Trying to get better about stuff like that.

:laughtwo: Yeah, me too. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Actually, to be fair, there were only a couple of true dickheads. *sigh, Don't we just love the loud and proud. :rolleyes:

The vocal minority. They make all the rest of us look bad no matter what it is. Politics, growing, work, you name it. To me it’s a base line level of respect, or lack of. I know I don’t give a shit what someone thinks, so I can respect that unless they ask me, they probably don’t give a shit what I think.

True....

....I can be a bit too loud & proud as well.

I probably throw gasoline on a fire that needed water. LoL. Trying to get better about stuff like that.

I think a lot of us are guilty of this lol. It takes a certain kind of personality to be attracted to growing weed to begin with. I was telling @Trala yesterday that I used to be the first one ready to make Everything worse. However Im raising 2 boys in this world, and I want them to be able to control that runaway anger so they don’t hurt or get hurt. That’s helped me a lot with being able to take that breath before I go red.

You mentioned yesterday how it just gets tiring engaging all the shit and man you nailed it. I didn’t realize how much energy and time I was spending being angry about stuff that either didn’t really matter or wasn’t that serious. If my family is happy, healthy, and safe, that’s all that really matters.

Young me would think old me was a bitch for talking like that 🤣 Definitely glad not to be that person still

Took a day off today; bored AF, shooting vids & pics

1000002892.jpg

🤙

I loved Texas. I was actually born at a hospital in Plano. My family has been in Mexico and Texas for hundreds of years but my Mother is a lunatic so I ended up in Detroit 😂. Better than my dad though, he’s in Washington State 🤣 To be fair to him he says he refuses to go east of the Cascades. I don’t blame him. My BIL lives in Seattle, that’s not a city for my Harley riding dad 😂

We considered changing our winter getaway to take in the event, but the increase in rates between Easter and the eclipse was astronomical! ;) ...it does have the highest percentage of having clear skies...hope so, my younger brother and family arrived there today for some sun before and after...things coming along nicely in the grow room P9...:thumb::thumb:...cheerz...:high-five:...h00k...
100% price gouging!! 😎✌️

Back
Top Bottom