Tryan2grow1 Second Time Grow - Autos In DWC With Mars-Hydro LED

Cool..also using a spectrum tho my plant is almst reaching the top and in week 4 of.flowering.. do u think its safe?

My light is a Mars-Hydro Reflector 96. At this time both the veg and bloom switches are on for these autos. That is what was meant by full spectrum light. The manufacturer states this is an equivalent to a 250w hps/mh pulling only 207w actual. With this light for the flowering stage the manufacturer recommends no closer than 12". Your best bet would to be to check with the manufacturer of your specific light to see what is recommended. Otherwise your plants will tell you if they are having negative effects from being too close to the light. The top leaves or buds will the parts to look for any adverse effects. If you see light burn move the light up or lst/super crop the plant. My .02 worth Diesel.

Its actually showing no signs of burning.. its not fully reached the top but almost there.

Just keep an eye on them. As long as we pay attention and listen, our ladies will tell us of any wants and/or needs. So week 4 of flowering, congrats. Another 6 to 8 to go? Or a specific trichome color/ripeness?

420-magazine-mobile13917236.jpg

I thnk iv got abt 4 to 5 weeks left. Buds are looking nice tho.. have u heard abt using molasses in ur plant feed?

Each of my grows has included only the General Hydroponics Flora Series including Grow, Micro (for hard water), and Bloom. The only other supplement used is Hydroguard. This is a beneficial bacteria for the roots bringing my reservoirs to life. This bacteria breaks down the "bad" stuff in the res allowing for the roots to thrive. Ph down is also used to maintain a proper ph between 5.5 and 6.5. Any of the supplements for the flowering stage has yet to be experimented with. This includes molasses. Besides, not sure this can be used in hydro anyway? But, none of the "bloom enhancers" has been used. And others may be able to assist further with recommendations or search the forums.

I thnk iv got abt 4 to 5 weeks left. Buds are looking nice tho.. have u heard abt using molasses in ur plant feed?

Hey Diesel, Here is some info on molasses....

Bonus Tip For Soil Growers: Provide a source of sugar (blackstrap molasses works great) towards end of flowering stage to increase bud weight

By supplementing your cannabis roots with extra sugar towards the end of flowering, you help improve the flavor of your buds while also fattening buds up.

This is especially effective for those growing organically, as this works synergistically with the beneficial microbes in your soil

There are many commercial supplements that claim to fatten up buds and improve flavor, but most of these work by adding simple sugar.

If you’re growing in soil and looking for a cheap yet effective alternative to those expensive supplements, you can add a little bit of regular blackstrap molasses (a teaspoon per gallon) to your water every time you water your plants during the second half of the flowering stage.

Please Note: It is not recommended to use molasses in a hydroponic grow setup.

Hey Diesel, Here is some info on molasses....

Bonus Tip For Soil Growers: Provide a source of sugar (blackstrap molasses works great) towards end of flowering stage to increase bud weight

By supplementing your cannabis roots with extra sugar towards the end of flowering, you help improve the flavor of your buds while also fattening buds up.

This is especially effective for those growing organically, as this works synergistically with the beneficial microbes in your soil

There are many commercial supplements that claim to fatten up buds and improve flavor, but most of these work by adding simple sugar.

If you're growing in soil and looking for a cheap yet effective alternative to those expensive supplements, you can add a little bit of regular blackstrap molasses (a teaspoon per gallon) to your water every time you water your plants during the second half of the flowering stage.

Please Note: It is not recommended to use molasses in a hydroponic grow setup.
Thanx mate .

This marks the 19th day since these little beauties were put to germ.

Northern Light
420-magazine-mobile1588135412.jpg

Blue Mystic
420-magazine-mobile893541160.jpg

The latest trends are as follows: reservoir level is falling a very small bit but falling, the ppm has remained the same as the last change +/- 5ppm, and the ph continues to creep up just a bit. According to the plant diagnosis chart this is normal and to continue down this avenue of cultivation.

This marks the 19th day since these little beauties were put to germ.

Northern Light
420-magazine-mobile1588135412.jpg

Blue Mystic
420-magazine-mobile893541160.jpg

The latest trends are as follows: reservoir level is falling a very small bit but falling, the ppm has remained the same as the last change +/- 5ppm, and the ph continues to creep up just a bit. According to the plant diagnosis chart this is normal and to continue down this avenue of cultivation.
I love that fast growth! I still don't think I could do hydro, it seems far too complicated for this guy.

I need some dirt that literally only needs water the whole grow, and I could rig up the garden hose to a timer or a float or something and make my entire grow autonomous. Lazy and smart. .

The Northern Light seems to be doing ok but the Blue Mystic is suffering. Looks like possible nute burn (and?) so a res change is coming early to reduce the nute level. Also this change will include ro and tap water.

Northern Light
420-magazine-mobile566943796.jpg

Blue Mystic
420-magazine-mobile750367770.jpg

A res change was performed. Going to make distinct changes each res change. These changes will be made singly and slowly. Today the res change included two gallons of ro water to the 6 gallon total. This brought the ppm of the water alone down to 560 from the 714 normal. With the nutes added the ppm goes up to 720. This is still the same amount of nutes given. Now though the starting ppm was lower by 160 points. The ph was set at 5.5 knowing it will rise. The plan is to continue the consistent vigilance over these babies to ensure their healthy growth. Thanks to all for following along.

Tryan2grow1 Second Time Grow - Autos In DWC

Ah, the luxury of a challenging hobby. Just when you feel like it's all dialed in, Mother Nature throws you a curve ball. First off, imadope. When I did the res change at zero dark thirty this morning I created an egregious error. When replacing the res bucket back into the tent I failed to check the air line to ensure it was free. Well guess what, it was pinched under the bucket. So far out of a grow of 15 weeks and now this grow, every time the buckets were moved I checked the air line. Not this once. The NL went 12 hours without bubbles. And there may be a bit of root rot beginning in both res. No clear indicator of why root rot all of the sudden. The Hydroguard has been open now for 5 months. The shelf life is 6 months from opening. Maybe the microbes have already passed. The biggest reason for using the Hydroguard is due to the temp of the res being in the low 70's. Hydroguard has worked for me up until this point. However good things have been read about z7 from Flying Skull. And after some investigation into Flying Skull a 40% off coupon arrived in my email. So z7 is on the way. Here are some photos of the ladies.

Northern Light
420-magazine-mobile1440157291.jpg

The Blue Mystic
420-magazine-mobile701793002.jpg

The dead decaying leaves were removed.

The girls and I had a long talk and stare down before lights out. The final outcome was they both know they have my commitment to cultivate them the best I can. In return they are to reach rockstar cola status. So far they look perky today.

Northern Light
420-magazine-mobile931406441.jpg

Blue Mystic
420-magazine-mobile1769529215.jpg

Tryan2grow1 Second Time Grow - Autos In DWC

Team, upon last week's res change a difference has been noted. Usually the last item to put into the res prior to ph'ing the water is the Hydroguard. For whatever reason the Hydroguard was added first, then the micro nutrients followed by the grow and bloom nutes. Then the water ph'd. There was definitely a bit of root rot in both res' that prompted a mid week change to clean out the buckets and try again. Well I added a bit more Hydroguard than what the label calls for almost 48 hours ago with this last change. And went back to the order of mixing the supplements that was used before. We are back to having white roots and the grunge appears to be waning. Either the order of when the Hydroguard was added or it's strength has weakened led to a bit of rot real quick. Z7 has shipped.

Northern Light
420-magazine-mobile1375618962.jpg

Blue Mystic
420-magazine-mobile256885932.jpg

Each plant had one root from the net pot that showed some build up and was discolored. Seems like all is getting back to that balance we all search for. Aaaaahhhhhuuuuummmmm!

Back
Top Bottom