TrysHard's Hydro Grandaddy Blueberry Indica Grow 2014

I like using my bubble cloner
Except I'm buying these clones already rooted.

I have identified my problem with my leaves. I remember reading a post by one of the big guys in the forum Capn, LA, KJC I don't remember, but it was about mobile nutrients and how nitrogen and Phosphorus and Potassium are mobile nutrients and they show up in the older leaves first. These were the exact leaves that were dying. So I looked a chart I had and have identified that I have a Potassium Deficiency. Look at this Picture:
P5124450.JPG

Then here is a post by 420 in the FAQ section on problem plants:

Here is the picture of Potassium deficiency in bloom:
1134nl-Phosphorous2.jpg

Now I need to figure out how much Potassium to add.

BTW I figured out all by my self, with help of :420: resources of course. Just goes to show you can get answers you need by searching. The thing is the forum search didn't find it Google did. The 420 Post that is, I think it has probably been read by tons of non-420 members as it was up there.

Its not as easy as asking and getting an answer but more satisfying.

OK I have Kool Bloom I did not add it this go around as the GH chart did not call for it at this point in my grow. Should I go ahead and add 5ml/G. The recommened amount is 5-10. Also the Capn thought that perhaps I wasn't feeding enough by using only two feed cycles, he recommended 3. Should I change that now with two weeks to go or just add the koolbloom? It is going to feed in an hour, I hope someone is up. I certainly don't want to FU now.

that picture is wrong not potassium
that pic is magnesium def

also look up molybdenum

that picture is wrong not potassium
that pic is magnesium def

also look up molybdenum

I linked the wrong picture:
Potassium:
1134potassiumdef2.jpg

The other one is phosphorus and actually that is probably the deficiency I have because my dead leaves look just like that. The one I pictured:
1134nl-Phosphorous2.jpg

I should have picked a more representative leaf. Here is one:
P5124451.JPG

and another
burn_62.jpg

The Kool Bloom is 0-10-10. So it can fix the phosphorus and the potassium which I do think is deficient. I looked at the Moly this picture:
1134moly2jpg.jpg

It looks very similar to the phosphorus, but less severe. My leaves get pretty dried out and curly and it starts with the older leaves. Moly deficiency also shows up in conjunction with phosphorus deficiency.

I added 100ml of koolbloom to my 20 Gal reservoir. I heard the pump start so I had no choice we will see how it looks in the morning. I took out most of the bad leaves there were only about 20. The majority of the plants still look very healthy. Next monday starts the flush.

Trys,

Good morning....

Has anyone given any input regarding rockwool verse plugs? I think that's what one of your earlier post was eluding to. Success rate and all. I've heard or seen that rockwool needs to be PH'd??? That may be the reason for the fail rate.

I would have started with rockwool but the AG came with plugs. I bought rockwool with the intention of using them later but was swayed over to plugs. I'll still soak my plugs before using them anyway.

Just some food for thought.

tryshard i get the same thing i use organic nutes. if i would buy the whole line i wouldn't have that issue. My other thread(private one they talked me into changing) If i got the whole organic line it would cost me $200. I look at there grows and they dont have issues they spend $35. I'll get the info if you want just email me. everytime i mention a name brand they pm me and tell i me i violated the terms of service again lol i have had a few each day lately. i have to watch my words better here.

Also the only way i will ever finish a plant again is to use boiling water method. by far the best way to get it going.

Trys,

Good morning....

Has anyone given any input regarding rockwool verse plugs? I think that's what one of your earlier post was eluding to. Success rate and all. I've heard or seen that rockwool needs to be PH'd??? That may be the reason for the fail rate.

I would have started with rockwool but the AG came with plugs. I bought rockwool with the intention of using them later but was swayed over to plugs. I'll still soak my plugs before using them anyway.

Just some food for thought.
My earlier failure was with seeds, I have always had good success with clones. My problem this time I have to transplant them, its been done by everyone, even though I can't find very many posts on it. Trichomes method of splitting the rockwool seems the best.

tryshard i get the same thing i use organic nutes. if i would buy the whole line i wouldn't have that issue. My other thread(private one they talked me into changing) If i got the whole organic line it would cost me $200. I look at there grows and they dont have issues they spend $35. I'll get the info if you want just email me. everytime i mention a name brand they pm me and tell i me i violated the terms of service again lol i have had a few each day lately. i have to watch my words better here.

Also the only way i will ever finish a plant again is to use boiling water method. by far the best way to get it going.

I'm not sure the boiling water would work very well with a E&F Hydro system, it would take a lot of boiling water.

I looked at them this morning and no new dead leaves. I think my correction is working but we won't know for sure, for a day or so to see if I really stopped. They are starting to frost up. I'm going to get my clones soon and I will have a Pinky Green problem of too many plants.

i drained my lower res then used 1.5 gall boiling water to the plant. it jsut has to hit the roots for a second and it kills the roots. putting plant into sugar burning mode, cure/dry mode. I was skeptical also. But my BB turned out excellent. still gonna continue the cure process for 1-2 weeks.

Ok, you've got our attention. Then what?

its easy when you are ready to harvest you boil water about 1.5 gallon per plant. once it boils take it to the room and use a 1 cup pyrex and add 1 cup at a time till 1.5 gallons is in the plant. this will kill the roots dead. you leave your lights on 12/12 still. your will feel a diff each day that it is loosing water weight. on the 3rd day (72 hrs) chop it. it will be around 60% dried and will also be in the curing process. then you trim and do what you always do to finish it. I let mine stay on a screen for all day then in jars all night then next day i do 4 out 4 in. i also do vacuum sealed jars. so it may take you longer. but once its dry just keep curing it. my BB weighed 485 grams after trimmed and chopped. 5 days later it weighs 317 grams and its dry. im still curing it. you will loose 5-10% more weight while you cure it for a few weeks. its that simple. i will never do any other way again.

its easy when you are ready to harvest you boil water about 1.5 gallon per plant. once it boils take it to the room and use a 1 cup pyrex and add 1 cup at a time till 1.5 gallons is in the plant. this will kill the roots dead. you leave your lights on 12/12 still. your will feel a diff each day that it is loosing water weight. on the 3rd day (72 hrs) chop it. it will be around 60% dried and will also be in the curing process. then you trim and do what you always do to finish it. I let mine stay on a screen for all day then in jars all night then next day i do 4 out 4 in. i also do vacuum sealed jars. so it may take you longer. but once its dry just keep curing it. my BB weighed 485 grams after trimmed and chopped. 5 days later it weighs 317 grams and its dry. im still curing it. you will loose 5-10% more weight while you cure it for a few weeks. its that simple. i will never do any other way again.

And I assume you stopped feeding nutes and week or two before switching to the boiling water?

Anyone else have any input regarding this method? It's the first I've read about it.

i drained my lower res then used 1.5 gall boiling water to the plant. it jsut has to hit the roots for a second and it kills the roots. putting plant into sugar burning mode, cure/dry mode. I was skeptical also. But my BB turned out excellent. still gonna continue the cure process for 1-2 weeks.

I would have to 9 gallons. Is this primarily for a quick dry, or is it supposed to improve flavor also.

And I assume you stopped feeding nutes and week or two before switching to the boiling water?

Anyone else have any input regarding this method? It's the first I've read about it.

I believe he's already in flush when he does it.

OK Welcome my new babies, I just picked up 6 very healthy Clones of GS Cookies: Here are individual pictures of them.

Clone 1:
P5134455.JPG

Clone 2
P5134456.JPG

Clone 3
P5134457.JPG

Clone 4
P5134458.JPG

Clone 5
P5134459.JPG

Clone6
P5134460.JPG

They were very smelly in my car on the return trip from Picking them up.

I think I was overly concerned with the transplant. It went well and I don't think there will be any problems:

First dig out the cube so the roots will fit:
Prepare.JPG

Here is a clone you can see the roots are already filling the cup a little:
P5134462.JPG

I just knocked off the loose dirt, I did not use any water of wash off the roots. A little dirt like this won't hurt my hydro system:
P5134463.JPG

I then inserted the plant into the cube:
Insert_Plant.JPG

One Plant Down:
Finished_Plant.JPG

All 6 done and in they're temporary home until I can free up the little tent:
P5134468.JPG

Left Overs:
P5134467.JPG

This is my plan. Since I have that empty spot in my tent I am going to move the single blueberry I'm training and set it on top of the reservoir inside the tent in the corner. Then I'm going to build a little E&F system for the little tent. I will place the reservoir outside the tent and use a drain tray to fill the pots. I will be getting some small pots tomorrow and some rockwool cubes. I stick the clones into the pots fill them up with cubes and use the E&F in the small tent for the first three weeks of veg, where they will get trained. This is primarily a Sativa plant so I need to train it to keep it shorter.

Then after I'm done with the tent in three weeks they will go into the tent for another three weeks veg. A total of 6 weeks from this point. Then to bloom, hopefully fully trained.

LA, Trichomes, I bet you got excited when you saw those clones with some branching already. I do not think that I can do justice to the fluxing technique trying to grow 6 plants in a 4x4 area. So this will be similar to my current grow with lots of LST and probably a Super Crop of the center stalks, I just have to supercrop two main stalks of some.

Just one more point. Whenever you get clones from someone else there is one thing you must do first before anything. That is spray them with liquid ladybug. I drench them, that way I am assured of no pests, since I don't have any now I don't want any to get a foothold. So I spray any plant I bring into my grow room, and I keep all outside window closed so no outside pests can get in.

no i dont stop feeding. the dry and cure will take care of that. the most important part is the last week that is when they will get super fat if you feed them. have you seen my BB 4 tops and the final weight so far is 11 1/3 oz. the last 2 weeks she packed it on big time. If i would have not feed her those 2 weeks she would have been around 5-6 oz i bet. after teh boiling water you dont water or feed since it cant drink anyway.

no i dont stop feeding. the dry and cure will take care of that. the most important part is the last week that is when they will get super fat if you feed them. have you seen my BB 4 tops and the final weight so far is 11 1/3 oz. the last 2 weeks she packed it on big time. If i would have not feed her those 2 weeks she would have been around 5-6 oz i bet. after teh boiling water you dont water or feed since it cant drink anyway.
DC I can understand the science behind it. And I'm going to try it in the future, maybe when my single blueberry is ready. It is easy to get to the front pots in my tent. The middle ones not so easy and the back ones, well lets just say when pouring the H. Tea back there, I'm glad that my tent has a waterproof floor. And since this is my first real harvest, and I've been using the tried and trued methods all the way through . . . I think I am going to finish it that way with a traditional type harvest like KJC suggested. I already bought the rack, and I have my new cool trimming tray and scissors. It will probably be the last harvest that I fully enjoy without thinking of it as a job. I just hope I can get a per plant avg close to yours.

Its been about ten hours, and the little clones seem to have taken the transplant nicely with no discernible issue at this point. Also by leaving the dirt, the roots and clones have some nutrients from the soil. I will just water it when needed the next couple of days with Cal/Mag adjusted DH20. I also added a 24" flouro down the middle for more light. It has 5k and the CFL are 75W 6.5K, I took the reflectors off the fixtures they got in the way, and don't spread the light enough. When they go in the tent the reflected light works very well. In my bigger tent I have some nice buds developing on the side. Here are my clones now 10 hours old (for me).

All Six:
P5134473.JPG

The one in the front I call the Siamese Twin:
P5134474.JPG

The one in the back has an extra stalk also.
P5134475.JPG

These two just look sturdy and tall, I might have my hands full with these Sativa Babies :hmmmm:
P5134476.JPG

I will top in a few days, and start some light training. I will transfer them to small pots for the first stage of veg in the small tent tomorrow. I plan on going with the Capn Rockwool method in my E&F, so I figure if I do the same in the small pots the next transplant into main tent will be easy. I found some nice plumbing fittings for the conversion to top feed just like the Capn. I found some nice Top Feed Drippers for only $4.00 each, I don't think I could buy the PVC to make my own for that much. Also can get black tubing that fits it and my E&F fittings so it will be perfect. The people who make my system have lots of cheap do it yourself parts. If you want to know it PM me. I don't think they are a sponsor.

I need some opinions on this. The lights for the main tent are coming on in a little while and I am going to transfer the single blueberry to it. I FU and they are on a different light schedule. I'm surely not the first to do this. These are my two choices:
1. Do it tonight when the main tent lights come on. The single BB will have been in its dark cycle for about 7 hours. Then it would go through another 12 hours of light.

2. Do it when I get up in the morning. Depending on when I get up, it will have been lights on for about 5 hours but it will only get about 3 more hours of light so 8 total.

So my choices are cut dark short to 7 hours and give it a fresh 12 hour start on light or keep the dark cycle at 12 hours and give it a 8 hour day cycle.

I'm leaning towards #1.

Back
Top Bottom