Blueberry X Haze - Ebb & Grow

Great job SLO! Super yummy and ultra fat colas would make me grin from ear to ear! + rep and 5 stars if I haven't already!

"WOW" that all I can say. Awesome journal Slo. I've never grown before but I've been doing allot of research and after spending the last 2 days reading your journal I think I'm ready. On a side note " I give much respect and props" to the 420 crew for all the help they gave you and the knowledge they have.
I've been doing allot research on what type of system to go with, my ceiling is only 7' high, and it seems like e/g is for me. I just have a few questions: 1, How high were your plants when you harvested?
2, How did you figure out how many gallons of water you needed for your 8 pot system, is there an equation?
3, how often did you run your sulfur burner, and did it increase your RH %?
Thanks for posting such a detailed journal and I hope that when I start my first grow it goes as good as yours. I'm off to go study "Pitviper's" journal next.......and thanks to all those who took the time to give such good advice and knowledgeable .

"WOW" that all I can say. Awesome journal Slo. I've never grown before but I've been doing allot of research and after spending the last 2 days reading your journal I think I'm ready. On a side note " I give much respect and props" to the 420 crew for all the help they gave you and the knowledge they have.
I've been doing allot research on what type of system to go with, my ceiling is only 7' high, and it seems like e/g is for me. I just have a few questions: 1, How high were your plants when you harvested?
2, How did you figure out how many gallons of water you needed for your 8 pot system, is there an equation?
3, how often did you run your sulfur burner, and did it increase your RH %?
Thanks for posting such a detailed journal and I hope that when I start my first grow it goes as good as yours. I'm off to go study "Pitviper's" journal next.......and thanks to all those who took the time to give such good advice and knowledgeable .

Glad I could help.
Questions
1. 4 where 50", 1 44", 3 40"
The beauty of the Ebb and Grow was, I could move the small ones under 1 light.
2. I ran the system once with 40 gals, then I switched to 35 gal. The plants drink differently throughout the cycle, so occasionally I would stretch to 10 days between switching. Canna was an extremely clean nutrient, I had no clogging whatsoever. So in conclusion, I have no equation.
3. I never actually ran the sulfur burner, I read a few places that Blue Dream was mildew resistant. I did however end up buying a dehumidifier because of fear of botrytitus.

Final numbers are in, 53 ounces. I am very happy, I am not including the popcorn which is being turned into Canna Beer, and Ice hash. Speaking of which, I just purchased Bubble bags. I am excited to try some 25 micron hash. Another cool thing is curing in mason jars, I love how much the smell is developing over just a couple days.

As of right now, I am deciding between a few different clones to run next round

Blue Cheese
Bubba Kush
Urkalon= Urkle X Romulan
Asian Kush = cross of Thai and Kush I think?? guy simply said its really good, but yields weak.
Purple Diesel

Right now, I am leaning towards urkalon and Asian Kush. They both finish around 9 weeks, and I have fond memories of drooling on the couch after smoking romulan.

Well, I just finished cutting the buds from the branches. I was short just 1 jar, sooo close. I haven't weighed it all, but I am between 3-4lbs. Here's some pics

BOB3.jpg

NICENPRETTY.jpg

Madre de Dios.... Pic of the day.

Very well done.

Very nice yield. 2 x 1000's? Thats about .75 grams per watt. Impressive, nice work.

Final numbers are in, 53 ounces. I am very happy, I am not including the popcorn which is being turned into Canna Beer, and Ice hash. Speaking of which, I just purchased Bubble bags. I am excited to try some 25 micron hash. Another cool thing is curing in mason jars, I love how much the smell is developing over just a couple days.

As of right now, I am deciding between a few different clones to run next round

Blue Cheese
Bubba Kush
Urkalon= Urkle X Romulan
Asian Kush = cross of Thai and Kush I think?? guy simply said its really good, but yields weak.
Purple Diesel

Right now, I am leaning towards urkalon and Asian Kush. They both finish around 9 weeks, and I have fond memories of drooling on the couch after smoking romulan.

Very nice yield. 2 x 1000's? Thats about .75 grams per watt. Impressive, nice work.

i agree man. Im chiseling away to get to 1 gram per watt..Ive been .89 but not been there since

i agree man. Im chiseling away to get to 1 gram per watt..Ive been .89 but not been there since

If I was to do Blue Dream again, I am pretty sure I could get 1 gram a watt. I had 3 plants with 9 oz, And I had 1 plant with about 3. The reason the one had 3, is it grew at an angle, and half the plant did not get any light. I also did not supercropp 2 of the plants (2 runts), and they gave me about 5oz. If I could throw 4 more plants, grow them a little smaller I would think I could get 1 g a watt. Simply put, Blue Dream is a producer, and If I could get them all to do 9oz's I would be in. But if I end up running a kush, I don't think I will match what I got this round.

arent you glad you joined the BucketBoys club?

Without a doubt. It's funny, when I was deciding what style to grow, I read a few places that hydro = loss of taste. Not in my case, my stuff has very fruity pungent taste. I cannot think of one reason I would switch back to soil, unless I was outside of course. I have let about 4 friends try my stuff, and they are blown away. All of them comment on how clean it is, but still very fruity tasting.

Ive come to the conclusion that as mush as I am a hydro guy...soil grown plants just taste better...bottom line. the high is the same but the taste is different.....

Without a doubt. It's funny, when I was deciding what style to grow, I read a few places that hydro = loss of taste. Not in my case, my stuff has very fruity pungent taste. I cannot think of one reason I would switch back to soil, unless I was outside of course. I have let about 4 friends try my stuff, and they are blown away. All of them comment on how clean it is, but still very fruity tasting.

Blue Dream is exquisite smoke and you grew yours better than almost anyone.....no surprise it tastes so good.

Did I hear you right? You got 9oz off of one plant?

Blue Dream is exquisite smoke and you grew yours better than almost anyone.....no surprise it tastes so good.

Did I hear you right? You got 9oz off of one plant?

I had 3 girls with 9-10oz, If you go back a couple pages, I have a plant on the ground with my buddy standing behind it (not the plant on table.). That girl was the biggest, and gave about 10oz. But remember, I had 2 1k lights over 8 plants, so my side branching was extensive.
On the taste thing, I guess I would have to do a side by side. I have picked up Blue Dream from the club about 3 times, and none of them tasted as strong. That's not to say that maybe all 3 samples where also grown in hydro, or possibly mine is so fresh it tastes stronger. All I know is, I was worried about loss of taste, and I am no longer worried.

I wish there was someplace to buy Blue Dream seeds, but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen. :>(

Sounds like a definite winner strain.

It's been in a few of the most recent high times,defiantly yields big with good quality. The high is also pretty unique, if I take one or two hits it acts like a sativa, I run around the house cleaning ect.. But if I take a few more, I am stoned... unmotivated, sleepy.... I may grow again some day, but I should have a solid head stash for a while.

whuddup.... so a while back you posted that blue print of your room, here are a couple of my ideas:

Future_Room1.jpg

Future_Room21.jpg

so you want to run two strains you could have to ebbs going in separate rooms but that would mean twice as much climate controlling equipment, or you could put up a mylar curtain between the two setups... or ligh mover right down the middle.

i read up a bit more on dimensions of light movers and you can change the spacing between the lights from 81" 87" 93"

Back
Top Bottom