Super Skunk Auto & Auto Blueberry Grow 1.5 Behind The TV

Blueberries day 60 since germinating
Blueberries week 3.5 since first signs of flowering

Super Skunks day 81 since germinating
Super Skunks week 3.5 since first sign of flowering

So I'm finally doing less supercropping but am still pulling buds/colas away from the light, quite a few leaves showing signs of heat stress, I readjusted and raised the tower fan. Starting to finally see some frost starting up on the girls! (Except little trouper)

Reservoir top up for this evening:

New batch consists of the following:
4ml calmag
4ml micro
8ml bloom
4ml of diamond nectar
1/2 teaspoon molasses

Reservoir before top up:
PPM- 960 (slight drop) EC: 1.9

after res top up:

PPM - 1021 EC: 2.0
Ph 5.8 (adjusted down from 6.2)
Rh 58% (very hot and humid outside still...)
Cabinet temperature at canopy: 26C lights off, 30.2C lights on (near light)
Root zone temperature: 24.62 (avg 24.17C)
Reservoir temperature: 20.7C

You don’t realize how far along you are till you go back to the first page . Great work Rexer , you should be able to open up some bud sites either tuck the fans or take a few . In the first and third pics there are fan leaves covering the buds .

Thanks West Hippie! It's been one heck of a journey so far and I've learned a lot.

That has been the debate I've been waging with myself, to defoliate or not. You cant get your hand in there without bumping into buds, way over crowded! I never thought all 4 would make it, and after sticking lil trouper in a mason jar I never thought she'd bounce back the way she did! There's one poor blueberry that has been lacking care, shes just doing her thing in the corner...but as packed as it is, its hard to tell where one plant ends and the other starts.

So much talk about defoliation with autos, my one superskunk that was heavily defoliated is the bushiest of them all, cant wait to see her yield, wonder if its be more if I had left her be? In order to make a dent for ventilation or openings for bud sites I'd have to do some serious defoliation...so...hence my conundrum...do I open them up and risk stressing them? What would you do? I can take more pics, I've tried leaf tucking but your just closing a site up to to open another....really appreciate the input!

Thanks West Hippie! It's been one heck of a journey so far and I've learned a lot.

That has been the debate I've been waging with myself, to defoliate or not. You cant get your hand in there without bumping into buds, way over crowded! I never thought all 4 would make it, and after sticking lil trouper in a mason jar I never thought she'd bounce back the way she did! There's one poor blueberry that has been lacking care, shes just doing her thing in the corner...but as packed as it is, its hard to tell where one plant ends and the other starts.

So much talk about defoliation with autos, my one superskunk that was heavily defoliated is the bushiest of them all, cant wait to see her yield, wonder if its be more if I had left her be? In order to make a dent for ventilation or openings for bud sites I'd have to do some serious defoliation...so...hence my conundrum...do I open them up and risk stressing them? What would you do? I can take more pics, I've tried leaf tucking but your just closing a site up to to open another....really appreciate the input!
In that case I’d just keep an eye on those girls and just stuff the leaves to the side when you see them covered they appreciate any help you can give . In the next to last pic maybe just stuff that one , nice bud below . I do defol by using pics . It won’t be long you’ll be posting pics in the eye candy thread !

In that case I’d just keep an eye on those girls and just stuff the leaves to the side when you see them covered they appreciate any help you can give . In the next to last pic maybe just stuff that one , nice bud below . I do defol by using pics . It won’t be long you’ll be posting pics in the eye candy thread !
Thank you my friend! I'll be opening it back up in an hour or two and will tuck those leaves. The last pic is actually lil trouper, shes definitely behind as far as development goes, but any bud from her is bonus bud in my books.

Lol oh I'm sure my well done crispy ladies wont win any prizes on here, but I'm just proud things have come this far, on a first grow, in a cabinet I designed and built :rofl:
There's no way I wouldn't have made it this far if it wasn't for this forum.

I wouldn't worry too much about whether to defol or not. There are loads of people doing either and happy with their yields so I'd say go with whatever approach resonates most with you. My grows use training so I have always carried out some defol as my training tends to compress the space that would otherwise be available. If I was growing untrained 'christmas trees' then I think the plant/tree would probably create enough space for it's leaves.

Thank you my friend! I'll be opening it back up in an hour or two and will tuck those leaves. The last pic is actually lil trouper, shes definitely behind as far as development goes, but any bud from her is bonus bud in my books.

Lol oh I'm sure my well done crispy ladies wont win any prizes on here, but I'm just proud things have come this far, on a first grow, in a cabinet I designed and built :rofl:
There's no way I wouldn't have made it this far if it wasn't for this forum.
You need to be proud for your first grow . Watch in two weeks you’ll be showing them off in the eye candy thread. That cabinet was a great idea, my Dosidos didn’t like the 1000w hps and curled like that on the edges with no place to go but up .

The girls look amazing Rexer. Well done bud!!

I wouldn't worry too much about whether to defol or not. There are loads of people doing either and happy with their yields so I'd say go with whatever approach resonates most with you. My grows use training so I have always carried out some defol as my training tends to compress the space that would otherwise be available. If I was growing untrained 'christmas trees' then I think the plant/tree would probably create enough space for it's leaves.
Yeah I think I'm going to do some defoliation in near future, I've leaned towards the defoliation side of the debate so to say. But I'll approach it a bit at a time to reduce chances of a hermie.

You need to be proud for your first grow . Watch in two weeks you’ll be showing them off in the eye candy thread. That cabinet was a great idea, my Dosidos didn’t like the 1000w hps and curled like that on the edges with no place to go but up .
Oh no promises there:rofl: I probably will even if it's just out of pride :ganjamon:

Blueberries day 61 since germinating
Blueberries week 3.5 since first signs of flowering

Super Skunks day 82 since germinating
Super Skunks week 3.5 since first sign of flowering

So I'm doing just a bit supercropping but am still pulling buds/colas away from the light, right now I'm rotating the colas, they each get their time in the "sun" :rofl: (yeah terribly lame but I couldn't resist). Pics were taken when door was first opened, I did a bit of both leaf tucking and left with a small handful of leaves. Some were yellowing at the bottom of the plants and were gonna drop on their own soon. Gave another top up.

Reservoir top up for this evening:

New batch consists of the following:
4ml calmag
6ml micro
12ml bloom
4ml of diamond nectar
1/2 teaspoon molasses
8L water
25ml H2O2

Reservoir before top up:
PPM- 989 (slight drop) EC: 1.9

after res top up:

PPM - 1006 EC: 2.0
Ph 5.6 (adjusted down from 6.4)
Rh 63% (humid / rainy outside)
Cabinet temperature at canopy: 27C lights off, 30.5C lights on (near light)
Root zone temperature: 24.85 (avg 24.78C)
Reservoir temperature: 24.5C

I see buds showing. I don’t know if you ever saw
@snowbound he had his hps right down on top of his girl’s. Whiskey bottle buds so we know it’s do able.
Those girls are busting out of there . I couldn’t get into the plant of the month because of the flood&drain no way to separate the girls but the nug and photo I got to show them off . Looks like you’ll be ready for next month’s contest .
I don’t know if you know that advanced nutrients sweet spot in ph is 5.6 then on with the rise .

I see buds showing. I don’t know if you ever saw
@snowbound he had his hps right down on top of his girl’s. Whiskey bottle buds so we know it’s do able.
Those girls are busting out of there . I couldn’t get into the plant of the month because of the flood&drain no way to separate the girls but the nug and photo I got to show them off . Looks like you’ll be ready for next month’s contest .
I don’t know if you know that advanced nutrients sweet spot in ph is 5.6 then on with the rise .
Nope, haven't read up on Snowbound's grow, but I'll be looking and reading up on it today! Thank you, always looking for new info to read up on!
Actually no, I didn't know about the 5.6, I've been going basically 5.8ish drifting to 6.5ish.

Yeah I doubt I'll be able to sperate mine for POTM, and with the gorgeous beasts on there....but I'll probably toss in an entry just for fun. I did last month, but after looking at photos, I couldn't even bring myself to vote for me lol. But thank you, I've got an idea for a nice photo....I'll have to ask the Mrs to kindly borrow her nice camera to take some eye candy, my phone does decent but shes a hobbyist photographer.

I did add in some Rhino skin, for some reason I had it in my head to stop at flowering, did a little head slap when I read the instructions again :rofl: and was sure to add 8ml to start back up with it. Aside from that this morning was just to add 4l plain water with the rhino skin.
Ph was at 6.0h - not adjusted
PPM 1070 EC: 2.0 (forgot to note it this time, thus this is from memory).
thankfully the branches are pliable enough for me to rotate them into the light/heat.

Blueberries day 62 since germinating
Blueberries week 4 since first signs of flowering

Super Skunks day 83 since germinating
Super Skunks week 4 since first sign of flowering

So a few more supercrops, but less is required now that the colas are starting to put on some weight, so it's easier to bend them one on top the other to keep them rotating from being cooked. The one blueberry, back right has a beautiful little sparkly cola going on (i tried to get a pic, but it's an awkward spot with a narrow view lol).
I was able to get in and move the mini dehumidifier finally...its now resting nicely right below the canopy....hopefully that'll get er done!

I did some light defoliation this morning to all except lil trouper. The other super Skunk didn't seem bothered at all.

When lights came back on I was surprised how much more trichomes had developed. At what point should I start checking? I know its still too early, just like to keep ahead.
As usual, gave the TNB bottle a lil shake. Man that stuff smells like stale beer.
Reservoir top up was done in morning:

New batch consisted of the following:
4ml rhino skin
4ml calmag
4ml micro
8ml bloom
8ml of diamond nectar
1/2 teaspoon molasses
4L water

Reservoir before top up:
PPM- 960 (slight drop) EC: 1.9 PH: 6.2 (slight rise)

after res top up:

PPM - 1032 EC: 2.1
Ph 5.7

This evening:

PPM: 1066 (slight rise) EC: 2.1
PH: 6.2 (not adjusted, will adjust before bed)

Rh 55% (not rainy finally!!)
Cabinet temperature at canopy: 25.7C lights off, 30.1C lights on (near light)
Root zone temperature: 24.04 (avg 23.57C)
Reservoir temperature: 23.7C

Hey Rexer. I reckon 3 or 4 weeks til you need to start scoping, 4 or 5 weeks til the harvest window opens. Depending how you like it. You might stagger your harvest for reasons other than ripeness. The need for jar stock, for example, other lifestyle/timetabling factors too. It’s entirely up to you.

Hey Rexer. I reckon 3 or 4 weeks til you need to start scoping, 4 or 5 weeks til the harvest window opens. Depending how you like it. You might stagger your harvest for reasons other than ripeness. The need for jar stock, for example, other lifestyle/timetabling factors too. It’s entirely up to you.
Thank you!!! I cant find my microscope and was worrying! Been trying to take photos of trichomes using my phone....lol oh well, good practice! Funny thing @DonkeyDick ,I was just getting ready to upload some pics when I saw your post. Thank you my friend! I cant wait to see how much frost my one blueberry will have by then! Since I did take the photos, I'll upload them anyways...greatly appreciate your input and saving me some frustration (I got time to track that microscope down).

And reservoir wise everything has been static quo...only added some 4L water today, PH steady at 6.2 PPM 1031 before 4L added.

Blueberries day 67 since germinating
Blueberries week 4 since first signs of flowering

Super Skunks day 88 since germinating
Super Skunks week 4 since first sign of flowering

Still rotating colas, the larger super Skunk is really starting to thicken and is starting to produce more trichomes. The one blueberry, back right catches my eyes everytime, the frost is collecting nicely on it!
I moved the small fan, its nestled into super skunk colas lessening the light burn. So far the blueberries seem to be able to cope better with the closeness of the light.

I keep taking the odd leaves when going in. Not enough at once to stress the plants, but humidity is getting better. Cleaned out the portable Ac filters.

So I did a reservoir change this morning. Before pumping the new batch in, I filled the reservoir up with water PH'd 5.5 and ran the water pump to rinse the roots. I had the time and the plants always respond well.

Reservoir before change:
PPM- 1112 (rise) EC: 1.9 PH: 6.2 (slight rise)

New reservoir batch consisted of the following:
40ml rhino skin
85g maxibloom
30ml of diamond nectar
1 teaspoon molasses
3 teaspoons of Epsom salt
Approximately 60L water
Ph'd 5.5
Final PPM (I forgot to snap a pic of it, but I believe it was around 930 or EC 1.9)

Reservoir evening checkup:
PPM: 839 (slight drop) EC: 1.7
PH 6.2 (rise from 5.5 this morning)
Readjusted ph to 5.5

Rh 52% (down)
Cabinet temperature at canopy: 26C lights off, 29.3C lights on (near light)
Root zone temperature: 25.73C (avg 24.41C)
Reservoir temperature: 25.6C

Back
Top Bottom