Super Skunk Auto & Auto Blueberry Grow 1.5 Behind The TV

wait until all the trychome "stems" are milky or start to get mid-to-strong amber. Plans are looking superb

Thank you @bebecillo, much appreciated! I'll keep checkin on them, can't wait lol

I found one cola in the back corner that's out of reach, and I haven't been able to properly see it for some time. It's a blueberry cola that puts all others to shame in my cabinet, even the one I've been drooling over. It's resting up against the exhaust filter. Beautiful purple showing in it, loads of frost, and swelled right up. I tried taking a pic, but this camera can't capture it. Harvest day I'll get some good pics of it.

So...i do believe I have a problem. I'm hoping it's only due to low light under the canopy. I noticed this evening more of the popcorn sites on the larger Super Skunk is losing its green and turning a yellow /white. It doesn't appear to be mold, as you can visibly see the chlorophyll receding. Some of the leaves are dying off, but I assume that's due to flowering....

Here's a photo of one that I snipped for closer examination.

So, res change night!

New reservoir has the following:

1 teaspoon organic molasses
20 ML Rhino Skin
80g Maxibloom
17g Epsom salt
28ML Diamond Nectar
65L water

Rh 55% (down)
Prior to res change :
PPM: 1305 EC: 2.6

After res change:
PPM: 969 EC: 1.9

A few hours later...

PPM: 989 EC: 2.1

PH stable at 5.6, not adjusted.
Cabinet temperature at canopy: 23.4C lights off, 27.2C lights on (near light)
Root zone temperature: 22.08C (avg 22.65C)
Reservoir temperature: 22.3C

Hi Rexer. Followed you here from Donk's journal. Love the cabinet. You've got some nice frost coming on :thumb:

Hey McRib!!! The more the merrier! Happy to have you along!
Thank you for the compliment, very proud of my build....first thing I've built since my youth.

Looks like immature/no light buds to me. Gonna happen with a full box like you have.

Did you switch over your nutes from the GH to maxi bloom?
Thanks for the reply and dropping in! That's pretty much what I was thinking/hoping, I tossed in a bit more Epsom salt this morning as I was thinking/worrying of possible deficiency. I think in future grows I'm going to prune away more of the lower buds sites. Live and learn!

I'm actually following the Lucas formula at its basics...with a few modifications (cal mag, Epsom salt, molasses now and then along with diamond nectar and rhino skin). Two of the ways of following it that I read of use both the Maxibloom (at 7g/gallon), and varrying amounts of a combo of GH Micro & Bloom (no grow and at a 1:2 ratio). Since its basically the same feed regimen and I have lots of Maxibloom around for my veggies I use that instead of micro/bloom for res changes. Top ups I switch back to a micro/bloom for ease when mixing small batches (I use a blender for the Maxibloom).

Edit- forgot to add, hope I didn't mess around with the nutes in a way where I've only been lucky so far!

Blueberries day 83 since germinating
Blueberries week 6 since first signs of flowering

Super Skunks day 103 since germinating
Super Skunks week 6 since first sign of flowering

Rh 55%
PPM: 996 (very slight rise) EC: 2.0

PH: 6.2 - adjusted down to 5.6

Cabinet temperature at canopy: 23.3C lights off, 26.9C lights on (near light)
Root zone temperature: 22.55C (avg 22.56C)
Reservoir temperature: 22.0C

Nothing done this evening other then pull down and rotate some colas. Found one that is like a grapefruit in size and shape...very dense as well. All of them are bulking up nicely. Im thinking I might dial down the light to 250W from the current 400W. Any thoughts?

Holy cannoli that is one packed cabinet :popcorn: And i thought our plant was close to the light lol.

Happy to jump in on this one before they're finished!
Thanks Michael! Happy to have you along! It's been a battle to keep the light bleaching down. The best method ive come up with is reaching in from underneath, slowly finding the branch attached to the cola you want to adjust, and gently tugging the branch down till the cola is even with the canopy. I've also go a tower fan suspended sideways blowing cool air over the canopy tops/bottom of light right before the heated air gets sucked into the exhaust.

This morning i snipped a lot of the bleached portions away, I read somewhere on here about taking a small portion off the cola tip to encourage swelling/density, and well I wanted to get rid of the bleached portions to get light onto the parts unbleached.

One thing that surprised me is the shape and way the colas have grown that I've laid horizontally to the light. They're huge cola nugs that are very dense...one is the size of a huge grapefruit covered in crystals. Come chop time (which I think will be soon?) I'll be borrowing the Mrs good camera for some nice photos.

So trichome update/documentation time! One funny one at the end!

Right on man, looks like you're getting real close to chopping. I've read about the "backbuilding" as well but am a little scared to try it if we're being honest here. Very interested to see how they respond to removing the bleached tips since we have some as well. Maybe we can compare removing them to not? :p

Right on man, looks like you're getting real close to chopping. I've read about the "backbuilding" as well but am a little scared to try it if we're being honest here. Very interested to see how they respond to removing the bleached tips since we have some as well. Maybe we can compare removing them to not? :p
Hell yeah that sounds good to me! I was also (if I remember) planning to do some microscope photos after curing on a bleached portion. So far they haven't shown any signs of not being too stressed from the backbuilding. But that plant, the larger Super Skunk (man i suck at naming! :rofl: ) has taken snippings like a champ her whole life. I noticed they're not eating and drinking as much this last day or so.

I haven't been able to properly photograph the bleached portions yet, too hard to move the colas out of way and snap a decent photo (without risking damaging something).

So update time! Sorry for the late updates, been a rough few days physically.

I believe the time to chop is here, if I'm wrong or need to wait longer please let me know. While they're not in the pics too much, while moving the microscope through some of the buds I'm seeing more amber showing up now. There's a few of them in today's pics I believe.

PPM has been stable around 950-1000 (EC 2.0ish). They don't seem to be feeding or drinking much anymore, they took one big meal at res change and have barely been sipping on the nutes since. PH has been swinging (rising) as normal, within a day it goes up to 6.3 then I reset it to 5.5.

I was able to snap one photo of the blueberry I was drooling over previously, the photo just don't do her justice.

Here is a pic of one of the nugs that I trimmed some of the bleached tip off, wish I had taken a before picture....and that I did a better job trimming it :rofl:

And today's trichome pics...gonna do a shout out here @West Hippie @DonkeyDick @stoneotter @MochaBud
I'd highly value your input before I giver her the snip tomorrow afternoon (right before lights on time would be).
IF I'm right, anything today that should be done? Or lights on and a normal day for them? Thanks a lot to everybody for the help and all the input.

Beautiful photos Rexer
:thumb:
It’s a matter of personal preference whenabouts to chop now.
For my liking they are right where I would take them. They are good and ripe.
More ambers will develop during the drying process.
That looks like the sweet spot to me.
:welldone:Getting them here! :bravo:
Congratulations :love:

Beautiful photos Rexer
:thumb:
It’s a matter of personal preference whenabouts to chop now.
For my liking they are right where I would take them. They are good and ripe.
More ambers will develop during the drying process.
That looks like the sweet spot to me.
:welldone:Getting them here! :bravo:
Congratulations :love:
If only you could see the smile that brought me. Thank you!
So business as usual today? Or do you leave them in the dark prior to chopping? Not sure on this part:Namaste:

:party:

business as usual
As much as I can recommend a routine that’s mine.
IMO anecdotes of outcomes from last minute stresses are, while interesting, too inconsistent to be of much use.
You’re going to be more than happy with your result, Rexer. That is going to be a harvest to be proud of.
I dare say watching tv will never be the same again. ;)

Back
Top Bottom