Super Skunk Auto & Auto Blueberry Grow 1.5 Behind The TV

Lights have been raised and lux has been checked on all 4, light is a bit uneven, but is favored towards the biggest plant...I'll work on leveling it later, just dont have the gas today to get er done/finished.

37k lux for smallest (lil trouper who sat in a mason jar) super skunk
41k lux for one blueberry
49k lux for 2and blueberry
52.7k lux for largest plant (super Skunk)

Light is approximately 22 1/2 inches from the top of the table(s)
20200604_153231.jpg
20200604_153222.jpg
20200604_153128.jpg
20200604_152639.jpg
20200604_154657.jpg
20200604_154558.jpg
20200604_154625.jpg
I had to twist the bulb in tighter to get the lux evened out ! I’ve been on the internet trying to get the perfect hps grow bulbs (with a good even lux) . The $80 bulbs has the same problem as the $20 variance in lux . Mine are 1000 watt hps I was hoping the 400’s were more level lux .
On the OG stavia dominance ran the light at 10” above the canopy and did okay . The Dosidos wouldn’t have it curled first night !
Are you thinking about a super crop on the big girl ?

To be honest the light isn't sitting level, I usually toss a magnetic level to get it balanced, just too sore tonight.

That is pretty cool, I'll have to do a proper job leveling and cleaning the glass before the light can be properly measured. I also had the light meter on the canopy, and lil trouper isn't nearly as tall, so the measurement at her canopy will be lowest.
I wonder if the quality of the glass on the hood would make a big difference @West Hippie ? The refraction might differ slightly (unless your running without a glass cover), and that's about it for my knowledge in that area. Did you notice a big difference in the plants with the expensive bulbs vs cheap?
My bulb isn't in too tight, just slightly snug.

Well here's the thing....there was an accidental supercrop done, main cola snapped completely and only had the skin holding it together. I taped it up with the only tape that was on quick reach, aluminum tape. Hope it doesn't stress her too badly.
20200603_084922.jpg

I’ll be using the new bulb in the next grow ! I turned it on and was the same at 36”s 27k-48k lux so I twisted it tighter same height 27k-35k . I have the ipower with the glass enclosure, I haven’t tried to spin it ! I clean it when I change out the mh to hps then when I think I have three weeks left clean the inside again then . So snug gives you room to find that sweet spot of light with the lux meter . My neighbors all use the 400 watt mh/hps except one he runs 4 - 1000 watt xl kind led . I have a quest of 1000 grams with the 1000 watt got close on the WW grow with 941 grams in a 5’x5’ tent .
Buy you some electrical tape, you know it’s tough enough for a croc but your plant will bust right through as she grows !

Dang man, 1000g? Whew that would be something to have! Lol I'm just aiming for a successful finish, and to have extra pride that my build worked.

Next time if you want to try something, between grows, take the glass off your hood, then do the measurements, it would be interesting to see...lol maybe if I remember I'll try it myself between grows. I remember seeing/reading that the glass makes a difference. I'm sure at the smallest level temp and humidity would have a role.
This is a vivosun 400 MH/HPS dimmable, I went with it due to budget and circumstances or I would have probably bought a LED again....and I'm so glad I didn't! Those vented hood are a god send for temp control in my cabinet.

@Rexer you got those girls rockin' brother!!! When reading abut the lighting I was wondering why not LED's? But then (as you stated) I remembered you're growing in a stealth cabinet. I am really digging the results from the Mars hydro led's I'm using, but they do put off a surprising amount of heat. Like you saw in my thread, I cooked two big buds because they got too close (touching).

Sorry for rambling on....you're looking great man...can't wait to see some fat ass buds on them girls!! :ganjamon:

@Rexer you got those girls rockin' brother!!! When reading abut the lighting I was wondering why not LED's? But then (as you stated) I remembered you're growing in a stealth cabinet. I am really digging the results from the Mars hydro led's I'm using, but they do put off a surprising amount of heat. Like you saw in my thread, I cooked two big buds because they got too close (touching).

Sorry for rambling on....you're looking great man...can't wait to see some fat ass buds on them girls!! :ganjamon:
Ramble away brother (and you weren't), makes me feel better for rambling all the time lol.

Yeah the problem with the led in the insulated cabinet was I couldn't keep on top of the heat build up, but things more or less clicked in place with the mh/hps. And.....no more blurple!!! That was the happiest part lol. Yeah the entire cabinet sits at 5 feet in height on the exterior....right grow space but was the only was I could grow without giving up my tv space lol.

Here a pic when it was in construction:
20200604_184327.jpg

I moved the fan outside for now but will put it inside next grow most likely...

Dang man, 1000g? Whew that would be something to have! Lol I'm just aiming for a successful finish, and to have extra pride that my build worked.

Next time if you want to try something, between grows, take the glass off your hood, then do the measurements, it would be interesting to see...lol maybe if I remember I'll try it myself between grows. I remember seeing/reading that the glass makes a difference. I'm sure at the smallest level temp and humidity would have a role.
This is a vivosun 400 MH/HPS dimmable, I went with it due to budget and circumstances or I would have probably bought a LED again....and I'm so glad I didn't! Those vented hood are a god send for temp control in my cabinet.
I’m in a 12’x16’ outbuilding, I tried it in the winter got 116 degrees in an hour with 28 degrees outside . I just pull air from outside then right back out for cooling . Bought a 12 ton a/c does the job for the building.
QB boards is on the list but as you say budget is holding myself back plus I want a taller building!
Your girls look fine keep up the great job!

I’m in a 12’x16’ outbuilding, I tried it in the winter got 116 degrees in an hour with 28 degrees outside . I just pull air from outside then right back out for cooling . Bought a 12 ton a/c does the job for the building.
QB boards is on the list but as you say budget is holding myself back plus I want a taller building!
Your girls look fine keep up the great job!
Nice! Yeah I've got myself setup for next winter, just got to reconfigure a few hoses to pull cold air from outside. Right now I've got a portable Ac sitting in front of the cabinet and am just doing passive intake.

12x16 is a fairly nice size grow space, and that AC outtake get the job done!
I had originally looked at QB boards, but that's like saying I looked at a Ferrari...just a wee bit out of my current price range lol, but is on the list. I hope someday I can have my own property to grow on, till then I'll keep growing behind my TV lol.

Day 65 for Super Skunks
Day 45 for Blueberries

Checked on the girls this morning, im still surprised by how much they're drinking right now, about 4L or a gallon every day.
PPM was at 883
I added 8L of water, 3ML of calmag, 6ml of bloom, and 3ml of micro
PH was at 5.2, corrected to PH 6.1
I forgot to check PPM/EC after top off, was trying to hurry to beat lights off time, but should be fine till later today.
Managed to get some photos in of the girls without the HPS on, they seem to be coming along wonderfully leaving me trying to guess how much it'll produce come harvest...any takes on guesses???

I forgot to snap a pic of where I taped up the cola that snapped, but the plant itself seems unaffected.

20200606_110259.jpg
20200606_110145.jpg
20200606_110128.jpg
20200606_110208.jpg
20200606_110357.jpg
20200606_110404.jpg

Correction...after double checking the pics I just posted I noticed that the plant with the snap cola might be effected after all. I'll double check it this evening.

20200606_112638.jpg

So, the leaf discoloration is on the stem that snapped. I left it be, but am unsure as to whether I should just remove it? Or will a healthy bud still grow?
20200606_203038.jpg

PPM was at 863
EC 1.8
Temp at probe beside canopy: 29C
Temp at probe in root zone: 22.93C
RH: 30%

20200606_203038.jpg
20200606_200037.jpg

Res change day!

New reservoir batch:
25ml of rhino skin
25 ml of calmag
75g of maxibloom
25 ml of diamond nectar
25ml H2O2
Ph adjusted up to 5.8
PPM: 847
EC: 1.7
In approximately 60L of water
Average cabinet temperature at canopy level:27-28C
Average root zone temperature: 22.4C
Current reservoir temperature: 23.4C
RH: 41%
20200607_000154.jpg

Oh and what a difference a week can make, this is bigger super Skunk
20200607_204251.jpg

As long as it's not dying I would let it be. Serves as learning experience for the future.
I understand why you’d say that and you’re right too, but I think it’s harsh. Once a lesson is learned it stays learned. We don’t need to surround ourselves with monuments of ‘moments’. I’m for making the garden a healthy place to be.

That said, I can’t really see leaf discolouration with the yellow wash of the HPS. I found these colour correcting, eye protecting glasses at a hydro store here. Cheap, too. I tuck my phone in to one of the lenses for photos under the sodium and they come out ok.

Cool time lapse on the super skunk! Your canopy is going to go Boom :yahoo:

More than a monument (because I share your views as well) you can use a failed plant for experimentation. Maybe try a new technique, or a DIY recipe, like how much banana tea can you give it before it starts overdosing, etc. Maybe just to sacrifice the buds trying a decarbing tech to see if it's real or fugazi, etc.

So update on the plants:
They all seem to be coming along nicely now, not to jinx myself lol. I wasn't able to do a check on the reservoir this morning, but here are the numbers for last night:
Ph: 6.4 , re-ph'd to 5.9
PPM: 910 (not sure if I mentioned, but when referring to PPM I'm using the 0.5 scale). This is a rise. I'm hoping it's just due to extra breakdown on the powdered maxibloom. I use a blender when mixing up a batch, but there's always just a touch of powder visible and 910 is more what around what I expected when mixing the batch of nutrients. I'll continue to monitor.
Cabinet temperature at canopy: average of 28C
Screenshot_20200609-122455_Inkbird Pro.jpg

Root zone average of 22.58C
Screenshot_20200609-122611_Engbird.jpg

I tried to take some pics last night without the HPS on but they weren't the best...I'll attach them anyways as it's what I have....better pics to come!

20200609_121244.jpg
20200608_220312.jpg
20200608_220142.jpg
20200609_121417.jpg
20200609_121332.jpg
20200609_121332.jpg
20200608_221006.jpg
20200608_220231.jpg

Attachments

• 20200609_121154.jpg
    20200609_121154.jpg
    850.2 KB · Views: 28
As long as it's not dying I would let it be. Serves as learning experience for the future.
I understand how it was meant, and took it as such helpful advice from your experience, which as a 1st time grower is always appreciated, thank you.

I understand why you’d say that and you’re right too, but I think it’s harsh. Once a lesson is learned it stays learned. We don’t need to surround ourselves with monuments of ‘moments’. I’m for making the garden a healthy place to be.

That said, I can’t really see leaf discolouration with the yellow wash of the HPS. I found these colour correcting, eye protecting glasses at a hydro store here. Cheap, too. I tuck my phone in to one of the lenses for photos under the sodium and they come out ok.

Cool time lapse on the super skunk! Your canopy is going to go Boom :yahoo:

I'm so wanting a pair...I have a set for blurple as that's what I started with but they're no help for HPS obviously. I looked them up on Amazon and they are cheap, I'll have to speak to Mrs. R, my costs already over budget and times are tough....for now I'm using a T5 in my hand to take the pics lol.

Thanks for the brotherly love, I think you're among the unfortunate few who understand the pain and moods that I experience. I dont talk too much on it, but suffice it to say I experienced enough pain the last few years that it changed the plasticity of my nervous system. It's very rare for an hour to pass where I'm not in pain or nauseous. But I'm as stubborn as a Donkey (which oddly enough has been a joke between the Mrs and I) so giving up has never been an option. The only path is forward.

My medicine garden from building to using has been amoung the best therapy I've had to date.

Thank you everyone for all the support, this site has almost become a refuge.

:snowboating: :passitleft:

You can get a lot of full spectrum LEDs for less than $100. I had to go that way, since that + shipping and taxes is still about 50% what growshops charge here for "premium" leds :laughtwo: dirty bastards
Believe it or not, I've had an easier time managing temperature since going from LED to a vented hood MH/HPS. And with shipping it was $230 CDN for it . It's gonna be a long time hopefully before I need to buy a new light lol.

So, res was at 6.3 I re-ph'd to 5.9
PPM was 916
Reservoir temp 22.2C
@DonkeyDick I managed to get a pic of the branch that broke, the tape is where the arrow is pointed. A few of the pistols have changed on the branch, I didn't see any other pistols that had changed anywhere else other then that one branch.
I've noticed that lil trouper is behind in pistol development, but she'll get there in her own time.

20200609_163944.jpg
20200609_154913.jpg
20200609_154854.jpg
20200609_154647.jpg
20200609_154611.jpg
20200609_154513.jpg

Back
Top Bottom