Super Skunk Auto & Auto Blueberry Grow 1.5 Behind The TV

Yeah man, i hear great things about coco coir, but i wont be sure until i test it. I have the opposite problem to yours, very humid house, 70-80% humidity. Now during the summer i just need to open the windows and it will drop to 55% but in the winter i will need a very expensive dehumidifier to deal with it, the grow is small but the room is big.

Yeah man, i hear great things about coco coir, but i wont be sure until i test it. I have the opposite problem to yours, very humid house, 70-80% humidity. Now during the summer i just need to open the windows and it will drop to 55% but in the winter i will need a very expensive dehumidifier to deal with it, the grow is small but the room is big.

I'm guessing that your winters are on a warmer side? Cause our humidity issues are opposite season lol. Winter here is so dry your nose will bleed lol, summer feels like your drinking your air

Edit: I forgot to mention, yes there is a 6 inch carbon filter in there, its hooked up on top beside the light.
20200524_154453.jpg

Oh yeah i see it, those things are saviors! When it comes to humidity, and im no expert on this, but the warmer the air is the more humidity it can carry so very warm air can carry much more humidity than cold air but its not because the air is cold that the humidity disappears, it simply is not carried in the air anymore. Not sure if you ever noticed but i get more humidity during lights out when the temperature drops.

To be honest, I couldn't tell you the humidity on lights out, my controller keeps it on cruise control. The only reason I know day humidity is I put a cheap lil reader/sensor that the camera can read lol.
2CAA8E7A0FC0_1590677059736.png
You are correct, warmer air has the ability to retain more humidity. Where I live there are large bodies of water nearby, during hot weather the evaporation increases the humidity in the area by a long shot. In winter, it's a frozen hell lol. Also, the requirement of heating (we use natural gas) dries the air up a lot.

Tomorrow will make week 6 for the blueberries and week 9ish? for the Super Skunk.

So...the other day I had an unexpected and unpleasant surprise...after lights came back on there was dew everywhere...my humidity controller had lost calibration and created a rainforest inside!

20200528_150629.jpg20200528_150637.jpg

Anyhow, once recalibrated (1st time it needed it), the dehumidifier got to work...and I left the cabinet door open so my lung room A/C could help dehumidify it as well.

So, aside from that lil fiasco everything has been ok with the grow, just daily maintenance of ph and check tds. The girls have been drinking up quite a bit, and have also begun to show some signs of flowering. So, I went ahead and swapped out the MH bulb for my HPS bulb. Wow...that thing hurts the eyes, sunglasses are going on from this point onwards!!

So, today was res change day for me, I do once per week, quick and easy using pumps and tubes.
Today's recipe called for:

25ML of rhino skin
20ML of Calmag
70g of Maxibloom (dry nutes)
25ML of diamond nectar
8g of Epsom salt

After mixing I had 725 PPM or EC of 1.5
After transferring via pump to the reservoir the PPM jumped to 882 or EC 1.8
Ph'd to 5.9
I noticed that after swapping to the HPS bulb the cabinet was running hotter, so I went ahead and popped a bottle of TNB. Probably just wasting money since the CO2 from it is being exhausted outside...if it helps them in the slightest bit to deal with the newer hotter temp...then I'm all for it.

Tonight I also did some rearranging of fans, we'll see if it doesn't change again soon.
20200530_004843.jpg
20200530_004837.jpg
20200530_004829.jpg
20200529_193804.jpg

So just a picture update more then anything. A quick ph adjustment with some ph down was added last night and again this morning. I usually let it drift from 5.8 to 6.5. I also added a T5 back into the cabinet, it will come on a minute before lights on, and then go off. It will then kick back on for a few minutes just as the HPS turns off. This allows the camera in the cabinet, and me if I catch it in time to take a peek without the hps yellow light effect. I also went ahead and put my new filter in (the other one was used previously).
Average cabinet temp is 30-32C
Average root zone temperature: 21.7C
Average RH 35%
20200530_134640.gif

20200530_164702.jpg
20200530_182844.jpg
20200531_110118.jpg
20200531_110135.jpg
20200531_110228.jpg
20200530_164658.jpg
20200530_164820.jpg
20200530_165011.jpg

Cool gif, Rex.
Your plants appear to be running on all cylinders.
Open road ahead.
Thank you, I think it's only the 2nd gif I've ever made lol. I won't admit how long I stared at it :lot-o-toke:

Thank you!! I'm extremely proud of it, being this is a continuation of my 1st grow!! The one Super Skunk has about 28 nice top budding sites (a few might turn into nice sized colas!).
To think I almost gave up and scrapped them, I'm so happy I didn't!.
The one that lived in a jar for a while, whom I keep calling lil trouper, is starting to look like she might give me a nice surprise for staying with her! Lol

That's the thing about planning and improving for the next growth, i feel like on every obstacle there is an excuse to start from scratch because i know the next one will be bigger and better, but if you love them plants and stick with them very rarely they will disappoint you :)
So true, right now the hardest part for me is doing nothing. I keep wanting to open more bud sites and do more lst, the odd snip and leaf tuck, but...I'm running out of ideas for where else to stretch them, if they continue to gain lots of height i have trellis handy, though I think I'm late on putting it in. Meh, maybe next time! :roorrip: :blunt:

So true, right now the hardest part for me is doing nothing. I keep wanting to open more bud sites and do more lst, the odd snip and leaf tuck, but...I'm running out of ideas for where else to stretch them, if they continue to gain lots of height i have trellis handy, though I think I'm late on putting it in. Meh, maybe next time! :roorrip: :blunt:

I know that feeling, i hope that it goes away when i have some medication on hand and dont need to be waiting on them to finish because i have the feeling that the less you mess with the grow the better, specially the first ones. Every day i look at them i have a new idea of something to do, that is why i started planning the next one so that i don't experiment too much with the current grow. Don't take me wrong there are things you should do everyday (checking the plants, watering if required, maybe changing the height of the fans and light) but when that is over and you have nothing else to do, the crazy ideas start popping xD

I know that feeling, i hope that it goes away when i have some medication on hand and dont need to be waiting on them to finish because i have the feeling that the less you mess with the grow the better, specially the first ones. Every day i look at them i have a new idea of something to do, that is why i started planning the next one so that i don't experiment too much with the current grow. Don't take me wrong there are things you should do everyday (checking the plants, watering if required, maybe changing the height of the fans and light) but when that is over and you have nothing else to do, the crazy ideas start popping xD
Lmao, oh man you hit the nail on the head with the crazy ideas! I could drone on and on about my next cabinet build idea:yummy:

Week 6 blueberries
Week 9 Super Skunks

Checked the reservoir, noticed that it was a bit low, lowest it's gotten in that short a span...they drank about 16L out of the reservoir! I added 12L back in, the extra 4L was an overfill when I last redid the reservoir (3 days ago).
I added 12g of maxibloom
20ml of diamond nectar
20ml of H2O2
And PH'd to 5.7 (funny thing....apparently I've been running it low 4-5, my new Ph meter just came in).
PPM 957 (I forgot to check before topping it up).

The girls are doing amazing, poor lil trouper is gonna have to continue to be a trouper, I accidentally dropped a small fan on her tonight. It's one thing to read about the growth stretch and another to see it day by day...I keep having to compare pics of a few days past..

Average rootzone temp: 22.95C
Average canopy level temp daytime 31C, nighttime 26C.
Average RH 40%

20200602_211101.jpg
20200602_190554.jpg
20200602_190613.jpg
20200602_190627.jpg
20200602_190646.jpg
20200602_195732.jpg

So, checked the Reservoir this morning, topped off with 8L of water and 6ml of cal-mag (I had a lockout for a bit i think due to too low ph). Ph was at 6.4 , I brought it down to 5.9.
Ec after top up: 1.9
PPM: 930
RH: 37%
Root zone temp: 22.5C
Temperature at canopy level: average of 30C with lights on, 25C with lights off
I was able to catch the lights off time and take some photos of some bud sites without the yellow HPS on, I would appreciate if anyone catches anything amiss, this is my first and I only have vague ideas of what to be looking for. Like all growers, nanners are a worry lol.

20200604_110848.jpg
20200604_110357.jpg
20200604_111026.jpg
20200604_111147.jpg
20200604_110416.jpg
20200604_110456.jpg

Looks good to these blurry old eyes. There, see, even when I clean my glasses they still
look ok.
Any chance of raising your light two inches? It might help to increase node spacing and reduce leaf temps.

Looks good to these blurry old eyes. There, see, even when I clean my glasses they still
look ok.
Any chance of raising your light two inches? It might help to increase node spacing and reduce leaf temps.
Yup, consider it done! Lights come on in a few min, I can ratchet it up a few inches easily, or get creative and bring it up higher (maybe 5 inches or so) maximum if I need to. I was thinking of raising them last night oddly enough, lol should trusted my instinct.

Thanks DD! Appreciate any and all feedback :high-five:

Lights have been raised and lux has been checked on all 4, light is a bit uneven, but is favored towards the biggest plant...I'll work on leveling it later, just dont have the gas today to get er done/finished.

37k lux for smallest (lil trouper who sat in a mason jar) super skunk
41k lux for one blueberry
49k lux for 2and blueberry
52.7k lux for largest plant (super Skunk)

Light is approximately 22 1/2 inches from the top of the table(s)
20200604_153231.jpg
20200604_153222.jpg
20200604_153128.jpg
20200604_152639.jpg
20200604_154657.jpg
20200604_154558.jpg
20200604_154625.jpg

Back
Top Bottom