TrysHard's Hydro Grandaddy Blueberry Indica Grow 2014

Dave's not here man
Can't get anything past you guys can I. :winkyface:

good job on the clone transfer, from soil to rockwool :high-five:

And as for those buds, WOW! :passitleft:cheertwo:: Fantastic work TrysHard!!:bravo:

if you can't keep your temps down, consider using the C02 again, just a thought,

I know using C02, allows for higher temps w/out some of the heat issues incurred w/ no gas, those buds are SWEEEEET :rofl:

I already moved it to help out the clones who don't have any AC to help. The temps inside the kitchen are around 97F but with the AC going the main tent is staying around 82F with 40% RH, so I can live with that. The little guys are living in CO2 and experiencing around 92F. I'm keeping an eye on them, they are primarily Sativa so they should be able to handle a little heat. Temps are supposed to lessen on Saturday. I have a Outside Thermometer in the shade on my front porch. 102F

lmao yeah you would love the high of the BB nice stone kinda spacey a bit. Totally relaxing with a little boost of energy. yours will rock i know. also i have the 1.5 grams of hash i made. I also decarbed 1 oz too make some chocolate/coconut edibles. Will make them Saturday have to find a really good chocolate for it.

Yeah I can't wait.

bro just voted for you. All go check them out and place a vote. 420 Magazine's Plant of the Month - May 2014
Hope you win tryshard. good luck.
I already did, these types of Contests are often who has the most friends, and most of the people I'm cozy with here are entered also, so I don't have high expectations.

I think you have a good shot at plant of the month. And either way, we have years and years to keep trying!
Besides, I think a lot of us look at it objectively and really search out the best photos. I haven't entered the photo contests yet because the competition is extremely tough!

I can't wait to see yours Tryshard, I am on my way there now!:circle-of-love:

:wood: I am Dave man, Open the door!

Tryshard, I don't think you could have tried any harder on those gorgeous buds! They are simply amazing and breathtaking to stare at! :green_heart::goodjob::bravo::welldone:
Thanks Pinky, good luck with the MOTM. I voted for you, you have been helpful and fun.

I think you have a good shot at plant of the month. And either way, we have years and years to keep trying!
There are lots of nice entries, and with 25 contestants, the votes get spread out. It does increase participation so that is good. They tweaked the member of the month rules. Maybe a couple of adjustments to the rules for POTM and NOTM.
This is what I would suggest:
1. If you have won in the past, you can not enter again for 1 year from the month of your win. POTM and NOTM.
2. For Plant of the month it must come from a current grow journal, and is either still growing or has been harvested in the prior month.
3. Have a two stage contest. For the first week everyone votes and the top 5 go forward. If there is a tie the first submission gets through. This will have several effects. We will get to vote twice, and the final winner will be a clear consensus. Also the tiebreaker rule will make people enter early. Once 25 people are enter the first round of voting can start and the last week would be the final voting week with only 5 candidates. I would also allow those 5 to make a short post < 200 words in support of their effort. I think this would generate tons of interest and traffic to the forums.

OK off the soap box, just some ideas, don't want to step on any toes.

Yeah it gave me a scare. I tried to come by all night and it wouldnt even let me log in or anything. I thought I was banned for some reason.

There are lots of nice entries, and with 25 contestants, the votes get spread out. It does increase participation so that is good. They tweaked the member of the month rules. Maybe a couple of adjustments to the rules for POTM and NOTM.
This is what I would suggest:
1. If you have won in the past, you can not enter again for 1 year from the month of your win. POTM and NOTM.
2. For Plant of the month it must come from a current grow journal, and is either still growing or has been harvested in the prior month.
3. Have a two stage contest. For the first week everyone votes and the top 5 go forward. If there is a tie the first submission gets through. This will have several effects. We will get to vote twice, and the final winner will be a clear consensus. Also the tiebreaker rule will make people enter early. Once 25 people are enter the first round of voting can start and the last week would be the final voting week with only 5 candidates. I would also allow those 5 to make a short post < 200 words in support of their effort. I think this would generate tons of interest and traffic to the forums.

I like #3, but #1 is too restrictive, if your that good you should win every month, and #2 is impossible to manage, but could probably do something like only one entry allowed per plant, so no multiple entries month after month of same plant.

and FYI, one of reasons I voted for another in POTM (I loved the bud shot one of your two pics) , was the first shot did not give a good impression of the plant's actual overall size IMO.

Yeah it gave me a scare. I tried to come by all night and it wouldnt even let me log in or anything. I thought I was banned for some reason.

Me too, I was stoned, its a natural reaction. :ganjamon:

Yeah, a whole bunch of us were wondering what we said to get banned. But I did get to bed early last night lol

Haha me too!

Me too, I was stoned, its a natural reaction. :ganjamon:

That was my answer to Smoker! There were a whole bunch of people who thought the same thing! :rofl:

I like #3, but #1 is too restrictive, if your that good you should win every month, and #2 is impossible to manage, but could probably do something like only one entry allowed per plant, so no multiple entries month after month of same plant.

and FYI, one of reasons I voted for another in POTM (I loved the bud shot one of your two pics) , was the first shot did not give a good impression of the plant's actual overall size IMO.

I get your points. The reason for #1 is that we will have no shortage of plants and nugs that are worthy. If you've won Plant of the Month, then you can enter your nug in NOTM the next month. You have a shot a winning twice in one year. Then because you were POTM and NOTM, and probably help the S%$t out of everyone like you Craw, and you get MOTM, now you have won three times in one year. Then if your lucky you might get MOTY. It would be the :420: GRAND SLAM! How cool would that be. Has there ever been one or has every MOTY been one, I don't know. So a member has lots of chances for multiple wins, it just get harder with each one as it should be. Also this promotes more entries, and will spur more journals, (as if I need to subscribe to any more :helpsmilie: ). It really would dampen participation if the same person won all the time.

As far as not seeing how big my plant was in the picture, its a problem with a SOG grow. So this would mean you would be immediately handicapped if you don't grow a single plant, or at least be able to separate it from the others. The rules also state Plant(s), so technically I don't have to display one plant I am allowed to show multiple plants, which is for SOG/SCROG type grows I figure. But that's OK I was not expecting a win, just wanted to share.

As far as it being hard to police using a current journal in the last month, I don't think it will. It will be self policing. Look what happens when you put more than two pictures up for the POTM. I don't think it will be an issue. This way you can't pull pictures of a plant you grew 10 years ago and win, its not in the spirit of the competition.

As far as it being hard to police using a current journal in the last month, I don't think it will. It will be self policing. Look what happens when you put more than two pictures up for the POTM. I don't think it will be an issue. This way you can't pull pictures of a plant you grew 10 years ago and win, its not in the spirit of the competition.

Good point about the self policing, you already see people 'busting' people for using pics they found off internet in NOTM. I saw that a few months back and I was like, 'seriously, it means that much to 'look cool' to you that you have to represent a picture you found on the internet as yours? it like the women(and guys) who 'catfish' people through online dating sites, WTF is the point?' Douchebaggery!

Side note, I will NEVER win MOTM because i WILL NOT kiss ass.

Side note #2, I want to grow some buds like you got going on, any idea where the place you got clones from originally grew mother from?

Good point about the self policing, you already see people 'busting' people for using pics they found off internet in NOTM. I saw that a few months back and I was like, 'seriously, it means that much to 'look cool' to you that you have to represent a picture you found on the internet as yours? it like the women(and guys) who 'catfish' people through online dating sites, WTF is the point?' Douchebaggery!

Side note #2, I want to grow some buds like you got going on, any idea where the place you got clones from originally grew mother from?

I got them from Attitude, it is supposed to be from the Original Blueberry Strain.

i may jsut be high well oh yeah im stoned.baked call it whatever. what does NOTM mean???

I got them from Link it is supposed to be from the Original Blueberry Strain. You can get bullets from them also, if clones are not what you want. The phone number is on the link they should be able to tell you more. If you do talk to them, tell a prior customer sent you, I might get a discount next time.
i found the truest i could for BB. In Canada. I love the it. You gonna love your version as the reviews are great also.

i may jsut be high well oh yeah im stoned.baked call it whatever. what does NOTM mean???
Nug of the Month

i found the truest i could for BB. In Canada. I love the it. You gonna love your version as the reviews are great also.

Its hard enough waiting without you torturing me with stories. I can't wait.

Back
Top Bottom