TrysHard's Hydro Grandaddy Blueberry Indica Grow 2014

im just gonna go ahead and say what everyone else said :thumb:

Thanks, I couldn't have done it without :420:, and that's what everyone else says also! :yummy:

Mmm Mmm Try'sHard!

Those are some tasty looking babies you got there :) Nice work my man!

SweetLeef, thanks buddy. We got ourselves a self admiration party going here, think I just said that over on your journal :thumb:

I have a couple of pictures to share. As most of you know I have taken part in LightAddicts Post in the Growers forum on Back Building your buds. He graciously allowed me to highjack his thread with an experiment. I tested the technique and it works very well. In just a few days the Buds have plumped up. If you remember I only gave one of the twins a hair cut. After just a few days you can see that the twin on the left is plumper starting at the top. The right twin (though nice) still has a conical shape to it.

The Twins 5-6 Left twin BB Right Twin Non BB
Twins8.JPG

Left Twin:
left_twin.JPG

Right Twin:
right_twin.JPG

Some other plump Buds Cola 1:
P5064286.JPG

5-6 Overview:
P5064282.JPG

In the end Props to LightAddict for posting this excellent technique! :idea:

And the experiment is over, I gave the right twin a haircut this morning. Too good to not improve.

subbed up. looking great what watt is that hps? 1000?

Yes 1000W the reflector is a Dominator XXXL Air Cooled. Overall Dimensions: 36.5"L x 26.4"W x 8.5"H Glass Frame Dimensions: 32.4"L x 26.4"W So it just fits. I need to get a better fan for it. When I first installed it I used a inline booster fan instead of a proper cooling fan. I think this is why I still have some minor heat issues, when the lights are on. A better cooling fan for the next grow is a priority. I did add another booster to help out sucking in AC air to the fan, but its not enough it just got me to the OK zone not the SWEET one.

Thanks for the call, you know your stuff pretty good, nice to talk to you.

Using Chrome now and the uploads work great! So we have kind of a big one today. Today I'm introducing the Centerfold Bud of the Day.
I selected one of my clearest pictures and did a cut and paste on it and will give a larger than normal picture you usually see.

Here is today's overview Picture with a arrow pointing to where the Centerfold is Located. Its not the biggest but the picture came out clear so I used it. I will do one of the big buds next.
P5074299.JPG

And now for the centerfold:
CF_Top_5-7.jpg

CF_Middle_B_5-7.jpg
CF_Middle_B_5-71.jpg
CF_Bottom_5-71.jpg

And a Close Up:
P5074312.JPG

And whats a Centerfold with out a close up of a close up:
Close_Up_Full.jpg

Centerfolds have lots of pictures here is one with a different WB and shading:
P5074308.JPG

As you can see I've browsed a few Playboy Mag's in my Day!

And of course your updates of the featured Buds in this Journal:
Cola 1:
P5074302.JPG

Cola 2:
P5074303.JPG

Cola 3:
P5074304.JPG

The Twins: You can already see the right one starting to swell.
P5074306.JPG

Nice Bud:
P5074305.JPG

And some pictures of the different Bud Clusters.
P5074311.JPG

P5074310.JPG

P5074309.JPG

I very happy so far, as you can see in the bud cluster pictures red hairs are getting very noticeable, and when looking at the bottoms of the colas, they seem to be building another layer of buds. All good. Thanks for all the support. For a first complete (well almost) grow in almost 25 years, its coming along.

i can say is great job so far i love it. watch they will start to make clubs. fatter tops then it will spread down mine are clubs and you are right on my tale maybe 1 week behind. your light is bigger i have a 600 standard hps bulb im gonna change that to a cooled hood and i want duel arc hortilux bulb. it gives 25% more blue and even hits uvb a little it does drop the par a tiny bit but you wont miss it. Par is great but spectrum is just as important.

Spectacular show!

Thanks,

While looking though my S#$t looking for something to give away for the closest guesser to the dry weight I came upon this:
P5074319.JPG

Most of you will recognize what this is. Its a film canister, used to be very common in the weed world. Today they are getting scarce in some circles with the digital revolution.

Inside the Canister:
P5074321.JPG

Closer look at the seeds:
Seeds64.jpg

They have to be a minimum of 8 years old. What do you think the chances they will germinate?

I have no idea what they are, but I'm sure it was at least good weed, I have not smoked swag in decades. Might have been from the local Rasta guy I used to get weed from. So might be Northern Lights, or what we used to call Humbolt.

I'd pop them just for the heck of it. I have a few seeds, supposedly real Colombian or Acapulco gold, that are about 15 years old from a friend. I don't think they'll ever germ, but eventually I'll try. Once I run out of good seeds that is. I haven't seen a film canister since god knows when!

i can say is great job so far i love it. watch they will start to make clubs. fatter tops then it will spread down mine are clubs and you are right on my tale maybe 1 week behind. your light is bigger i have a 600 standard hps bulb im gonna change that to a cooled hood and i want duel arc hortilux bulb. it gives 25% more blue and even hits uvb a little it does drop the par a tiny bit but you wont miss it. Par is great but spectrum is just as important.

I have been reading a lot about lights and spectrum, PAR, Lumens and such. And I totally agree with you about spectrum. That is why I still have the 48" Fluro in there and I am waiting for some E27 LED Red/Blue Grow lights to enhance the spectrum. I plan on putting one into each corner. I hoping they show up soon, but they are on the proverbial slow boat from china. Should be soon though. Then my pictures are going to start having a red/blue tint to them. They are 12W each.

oh yeah 678 grams is my vote.
you should pull a couple seeds.
email me ill tell you how to sex the seeds also. its really simple.

No problem look for the email.

I'd pop them just for the heck of it. I have a few seeds, supposedly real Colombian or Acapulco gold, that are about 15 years old from a friend. I don't think they'll ever germ, but eventually I'll try. Once I run out of good seeds that is. I haven't seen a film canister since god knows when!

I haven't smoked real Columbian or Acapulco Gold since the mid 70's. Columbian always seemed to come with some seeds and I just used to throw them away! :scratchinghead: Everything got me high in those days, but Columbian was special it had a taste like no other, kind of musky sweet, it tasted like gold. OK I'm daydreaming now! :snooze:

I bet seeds from the original strains cost a mint though

Ah, the days of yore. I'm not old enough to have experienced the classic strains, but wish I could have had some real purple haze.
The only purple haze I ever had was of the chemical variety, blotter I believe. Those were the days when I didn't care about risking my mental health for the rest of my life. Wonder how I survived?

I bet seeds from the original strains cost a mint though

No doubt, I've searched for them and found them but I bet they are back crossed. Who knows, but I would go for some Jamaican Red.

Back
Top Bottom