UltraDan's First Grow - White Widow - Flux - 2015

Hey bud, I noticed your grow area is covered in exposed foam insulation, you should cover that up with some Sheetrock or something when you can. It's actually a pretty big fire code no-no in occupied space, let alone a grow room.

This is the best piece of advice I've seen on this site. Helping someone increase their yield a bit, that's good. Helping someone not have their house burn down, that's great. :thumb:

I had the same issue: 400 watt light but seemed way to hot for the size of my grow box. I went out and bout several CFLs and things turned out fine. I can't say what the humidity level was because I never checked it but the box was running in the high 80's all the time and I didn't notice any heat problems. it was my 1st grow and I was happy with the ounce and a quarter I got.

I think I've got a pretty good hold on my temps and humidity for right now. Gonna do a major overhaul to my grow area before I flower, so we will see how that effects it. (Should make it even better) right now I am sitting at 82° and 48% humidity. Temps drop to about 74° at night.

Update after feeding! This girl LOVES to eat! Here are a few progression pics over the last 48 hours.

Before Feeding​
image20542.jpg

36 Hours Later​
image20709.jpg

48 Hours Later​
image20710.jpg

Trimmed Up​
image20711.jpg

Thanks guys!

I've been working all day putting in a wall for a more stealthy grow space that should be fully sealed. Finally got it all installed and now I am having bad heat issues. FML. I'm really at a loss for what I should do to get the temps down. I can try and adjust things with the light exhaust, but it'll have to wait until lights out tomorrow.

I remove any top growth fan leaves that interfere or block the growth node, and any fan leaves that block other nodes. I typically remove undergrowth fan leaves when the get long enough to interfere with how I am training the flux arms down. But like LA said, it's dependant on the grower.

It looks amazing... and it got me sooo curious i want to try it myself now :>

oh boy, so many things i wanna do to my future ladies :D

how many days of veg are you into on the last pics you posted?

She is 62 days old from sprout. She might've grown a little more, but it took me about 45 days to realize I had my ballast on 50%. lol

Thanks DP :thumb:

I'm having the opposite issues as far as temps. My grow is in my basement closet and temps get down to mid 50's on lights out. I'm hoping with the warmer weather on the way it will help out a bit.

Can you put a small space heater in the room? They have ones that don't have illuminating coils.

Part of it is my AC. It's having a hard time even keeping the house at 79, so I know thats a main culprit in the grow room getting too hot. Time to call the landlord and cross my fingers.

that brings me to another question: whats the point in having a switchable ballast?

doesnt it just shorten your lamps lifespan?

Probably it does but I find it super handy to be able to switch up or down depending on what's under it at the time. I was just vegging at 650 watts- then moved the big girls into flowering and now I have a few seedlings and odds and ends under there and dialed it back to 300 watts.

I hope you get the temps sorted out U-Dan. Too much heat isn't something I ever have to deal with but it seems like it would be a bit more problematic than cold temps. I'm anxious to see that girl start growin upwards! And I'm sure you are too :)

I had it dialed back for the seedling growth. Then just forgot to bump it up. It was only supposed to be on 50% for a week or so. Not a month. Lol.

Thanks WeaselCracker. It is frustrating, but I think it's working out ok. My last resort will be to switch the MH bulb for the HPSa little early, as they don't produce as much heat.

Back
Top Bottom