UltraDan's First Grow - White Widow - Flux - 2015

2 day defol and pic update. :D

image19914.jpg

OK buddy, so with fluxing you really dont need ther mad long veg that say medfarmer has gone with. (I'm not sure but his GLR routine seemed to slow things really bad for his vegging stage.)
Your into the 20s limb wise now by the looks of it, so not that much longer for a big ass girl. Once you have the nomber you want just top each end of the main flux arms for even structure etc. Then let the limbs grow out and get placement set. Then its all about good vert before flipping! :)
For me a flux should only take 10-12 weeks max in veg! :) (thats for a big girl)

OK buddy, so with fluxing you really dont need ther mad long veg that say medfarmer has gone with. (I'm not sure but his GLR routine seemed to slow things really bad for his vegging stage.)
Your into the 20s limb wise now by the looks of it, so not that much longer for a big ass girl. Once you have the nomber you want just top each end of the main flux arms for even structure etc. Then let the limbs grow out and get placement set. Then its all about good vert before flipping! :)
For me a flux should only take 10-12 weeks max in veg! :) (thats for a big girl)

Awesome!! I was worried about having the patience for a long veg time. Lol. I think I'm at 7 weeks right now. So I'll give 3-4 more. What is GLR? I caught his journal a little late. When I top again, do I split the mains out horizontal with the rest of the Flux arms as well?

OK GLR is the Gas Lantern Routine, its basically running a flower timetable during veg! You have 12 hrs light then 5.5 dark with an hour light, then another 5.5 dark. The one hour in middle breaks the cycle and keep the girl in veg, just using less hours lights!

As for the topping of the 2 main ends, yep once topped you have a period where your growing these 4 new points out like the rest. Its this bit that sets things, as you need to generate enough room to have good spacing of these points. Whilst these point are growing out your getting all others set in final places.
Then as soon as the base frame is big enough, you go vert and let her get at least 5-6 inches or more before flipping! (the vert bit doesn't take as long as growth really pics up during this phase!) If your set on the time frame you stated above I'd top them ends now!! You need good time to let them grow out into space :)

Alright!! So I topped the two ends tonight and followed it up with a watering with a light feeding of FF Big Bloom. The right side has been slower in growth, but has a more consistent growth. The left is the one that I almost guillotined off and it is just inconsistent with its nodes. So we will have to wait and see which ones grow out the best.

BEFORE
IMG_082134.JPG

AFTER
IMG_082819.JPG

LEFT SIDE
IMG_082924.JPG

IMG_083119.JPG

RIGHT SIDE
IMG_082619.JPG

IMG_082425.JPG

IMG_082531.JPG

I find it really difficult to water without splashing the leaves. Im gonna have to come up with some sort of tube fed watering that can get under the leaves without wetting them.

get a green light bulb or two. water, or foliar, in the dark period. this way, no hard comes to the leaves, from spot burn. i allways folliar at this time. p;ants cant see green light. its so very handy.

Another picture update after some more defol. As it stands right now we have 22 bud sites. So as long as I don't eff it up and break any off, it should look pretty in flower in a few weeks. She is putting off a very strong citrus aroma right now.

image20344.jpg

Its Friday ;)

Looking good Ultra, after topping it normally takes a few weeks for suitable side shoot growth to reach a good size of a few inches.

What i have found with topping is that is reduces stretch in early flowering by as much as 50% at best, than from a plant grown from seed with out any form of training !

More likely some thing to do with auxin displacement a plant hormone located at the growing tips & abundant at the main apical stem tip.

nice work , gona try fluxing in the summer , got more room to mess about with different plants lol...

good luck ,

ps use plaster board and paint it white if your taking out the insulation :)

Yeah, as soon as I get my tax return I am gonna redo all the walls in the room. It'll hopefully make things a lot safer, smoother, and more stealth.

Picked one of these sprayers up for $10 at he hardware store. It makes watering a thousand times easier. I just put the wand under the canopy and can control flow with the trigger. Probably one of the best things I've bought for 10 bucks. I gave a 1/2 strength feeding of Big Bloom and Grow Big tonight. Only my second real feeding in almost 60 days. Last time she exploded with growth, so I'm anxious to see how she looks in 24-48 hours.

image20521.jpg

Back
Top Bottom