UltraDan's First Grow - White Widow - Flux - 2015

So just use an exhaust fan and ducting to pull air away from the cool tube and out of the grow area? I think even without the heat from the lamp, I might still have heat issues.

I will be doing some major LST work to keep the height down.
make sure you have your exhaust as high as possible, remember, warm air rises, good luck bro, I'm following closely as I'm about to start WW as well. :high-five:

Florida is HOT in the summer! I might not even try and grow during the summer because of heat and humidity, but we will see. My house stays pretty cool, but there is no a/c vents in the area where I am growing, so it gets hot.

Cool, I will save my money and opt out on both pieces of equipment for now. I bumped the light to full 400w and it is still staying around 78*, so I think the heat is under control.... for now.
I tried growing in the Phoenix summers once, big big mistake, hard to keep things cool when temps can hit 120 degrees sometimes, lol.

I tried growing in the Phoenix summers once, big big mistake, hard to keep things cool when temps can hit 120 degrees sometimes, lol.

Have to water more. Use a antiperspirant on the leaves. Many home and garden places have it and it is safe especially if you bud wash. Also put ice cubes near the plants stem so that as the ice melts the plants get a nice cool treat and it wont shock the plants.

Ok, so I think I should win JackAss of the month award. lol. I did some rearranging of my grow space and realized my ballast has been on 50% this whole time. WHOOPS!! So she's only been getting 200w. I bumped it up to 100% so hopefully in the next week or so I see some big growth.

Nice catch Ultra. Just curious, how often do you (or anyone) check on your grow per day?

I am an addict on my grow. So I check about 3-4 times a day. Before work, after work, again after work, and before bed. lol

Ok, so I think I should win JackAss of the month award. lol. I did some rearranging of my grow space and realized my ballast has been on 50% this whole time. WHOOPS!! So she's only been getting 200w. I bumped it up to 100% so hopefully in the next week or so I see some big growth.

Shit man, who cares what the award is called when the prize is -twice as much wattage! Yay! Christmas all over again. I've won several of those Jackass awards (patting myself on back) but they usually came with real crappy prizes. Look forward to seeing the results.

I check on them probably 15 times a day. Not to check on new growth so much but to make sure the lights are fine the wires arent sitting in water, check the fans and to check the temps. Things like tht. When you first start growing it is more of a impatient thing checking to see their growth.

About 15 times a day too like jo said i find it calming, plus i think the girls miss us when were not around :)
looking good though dan,
pics please ? :peace:

About 15 times a day too like jo said i find it calming, plus i think the girls miss us when were not around :)
looking good though dan,
pics please ? :peace:

I'll post some updates tonight after work :thumb:

Ok, little update. She had a little growth spurt since I bumped up the light. SMH!!

You can see where she has split in the middle. I took off the wire and it is holding fine. I think she is pretty much trained to the T position, so I don't see this being an issue anymore.

image19341.jpg

After a little defol on the left side.
image19340.jpg

Great job so far. I'm subbed in. I have also just started my first grow. I will be fluxing it out. I need to get a journal going.

Time for my Friday visit :high-five:

Well what can i say ?

Apart from all looks in check & doing very well with your own learning curve progressing from what i see :thumb:

Just one question !

How old is the plant to date in veg from seedling sprout... just a side interest really as i've taken to monitoring veg growth recently from different light sources aka MH/CFL of correct spectrum or kelvin to HPS used for such on the forums !

Just pondering on the matter :thanks:

Time for my Friday visit :high-five:

Well what can i say ?

Apart from all looks in check & doing very well with your own learning curve progressing from what i see :thumb:

Just one question !

How old is the plant to date in veg from seedling sprout... just a side interest really as i've taken to monitoring veg growth recently from different light sources aka MH/CFL of correct spectrum or kelvin to HPS used for such on the forums !

Just pondering on the matter :thanks:

Thanks Fuzzy Duck! My seed sprouted in soil on Jan 1st, so it is 43 days old. However, up until 2 days ago it was only under 200w because I forgot to turn my ballast to 100%. So growth was a little slower.

Can't get my humidity up for the life of me. It's between 25-30% according to my cheap accurate meter. The plant looks good, but I'm worried about future growth. I have a humidifier in the room, but it's not doing anything because my exhaust sucks it right out. Any suggestions??

Back
Top Bottom