Virgin Ground And The Little Star Asterion

FML.

Why this? Why now?

I noticed it on my GG4. Looked at all my cuttings and took them outside. I trashed most of them. I left the GG in case I want to try to save her but I may just cull her. I can always get another cut from Chris.

Hope to hell they haven't made it into my tent and closet. I'll be scoping them this evening.

Dammit!!!!! I don't have time to deal with this shit!!!

I have them on my lime cutting. I'd go with a neem spray every 3 days for 3 weeks. Maybe some Castille soap on one of the off days as well. The life cycle ranges 5 to 20 days depending on type and temp.
As a matter of interest, Shed, why are you not treating with Safers? I asked once and you said something about integrated pest management. I don't understand. Does Safers not kill aphids?

As a matter of interest, Shed, why are you not treating with Safers? I asked once and you said something about integrated pest management. I don't understand. Does Safers not kill aphids?
I save Safers for flower when there are fewer options...it's actually the only thing I use in flower for bugs. Safer's site says: "Targets and kills aphids, earwigs, grasshoppers, harlequin bugs, leafhoppers, mealy bugs, mites, plant bugs, psyllids, sawfly larvae, soft scales, spider mites, and whiteflies" so that pretty much covers everything other than the unmentionable!

Also, it needs to be rinsed off.

VG that really sucks, so sorry! I hope they haven't made it to tent and closet!!
Me too, Carmen.
Spider mites are incredibly hard to get rid of.

I have them on my lime cutting. I'd go with a neem spray every 3 days for 3 weeks. Maybe some Castille soap on one of the off days as well. The life cycle ranges 5 to 20 days depending on type and temp.
I just got fresh Neem oil. Think my other stuff was almost four years old. Figured I needed some new stuff.
I have Green Cleaner coming per Chris's suggestion. He's had mites twice now.
I'm also looking at Aza Max right now. It's a systemic from General Hydroponics. Not sure how many different products I should use. I also have two kinds of products from SNS.

I picked up a bunch of 91% ISO as well.
I'll look for my DE this afternoon.

It would seem that I need to make some sort of schedule. Keep hitting them with something different so they don't get used to one type.

Scorched earth method?

I save Safers for flower when there are fewer options...it's actually the only thing I use in flower for bugs. Safer's site says: "Targets and kills aphids, earwigs, grasshoppers, harlequin bugs, leafhoppers, mealy bugs, mites, plant bugs, psyllids, sawfly larvae, soft scales, spider mites, and whiteflies" so that pretty much covers everything other than the unmentionable!

Also, it needs to be rinsed off.

Me too, Carmen.
Spider mites are incredibly hard to get rid of.

I just got fresh Neem oil. Think my other stuff was almost four years old. Figured I needed some new stuff.
I have Green Cleaner coming per Chris's suggestion. He's had mites twice now.
I'm also looking at Aza Max right now. It's a systemic from General Hydroponics. Not sure how many different products I should use. I also have two kinds of products from SNS.

I picked up a bunch of 91% ISO as well.
I'll look for my DE this afternoon.

It would seem that I need to make some sort of schedule. Keep hitting them with something different so they don't get used to one type.

Scorched earth method?
I thought they were aphids! Omg spider mites, no wonder Shed said unmentionable.

Wow.

I hate the smell of Neem.
It makes me sick to my stomach. Gotta have that in my bedroom now?

Today has not been a good day for me.

Haven't seen anymore mites yet but I'm not letting my guard down.
Knock on wood!

A few pics for ya.
Cookies X...

The Atreum grow with special guest Blueberry Auto.

Blueberry is coming down within 48 hrs.
:rollit:

Well, those ladies are looking mighty fine, VG ! :welldone:

I hope the effing spidermites don't find them...

Haven't seen anymore mites yet but I'm not letting my guard down.
Knock on wood!

A few pics for ya.
Cookies X...

The Atreum grow with special guest Blueberry Auto.

Blueberry is coming down within 48 hrs.
:rollit:
Always so lush and healthy. :welldone:
I love the pics with the fresh bonnets, my favorite time.

Hope you had a lovely weekend. :ciao:
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Well, those ladies are looking mighty fine, VG ! :welldone:

I hope the effing spidermites don't find them...
So far they haven't found them.
Knock on wood.
I'll be spraying the Green Cleaner on the bottoms of the flowering gals.

I had tossed all of my Sour D, Super Skunk and Cookies X cuttings when I saw they were infested.

I grabbed some new cuttings this morning. They are all into flower so they'll have to revert. Better than nothing. I'm supposed to make seeds of the Super Skunk or at least send Chris a clone so he can. I'm all out of seeds...
Always so lush and healthy. :welldone:
I love the pics with the fresh bonnets, my favorite time.

Hope you had a lovely weekend. :ciao:
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:
My weekend was pretty busy. I didn't get much time to enjoy it.

Hope your was good.
Good news on the mites, good news on the BBa, and good looking on the Atreum pair.

I hope the rest of your things are going equally well.
:hug:
:hug: Things are....going.
Not sure how well yet. We have a house inspection this weekend.
I think this is where we find out if we really want the new place and if we do it is ours.
66 days until our targeted moving date. It's coming up fast.

Oh.... my Green Cleaner was only half full when I got it. The cover was loose and it leaked all over my wood table.

I'm kinda pissed. They could have taped it up. Not only was it a huge mess and screwed up my table but the shit was $30 for a small bottle of it.

Kid is sending Amazon a love letter.

Dayum! You're due another bottle for 🆓

Too bad on the cuttings but taking clean ones will ease your mind, and that's a good thing when you can't even enjoy your weekends! :eek:
Kid got a full refund. If I need more I'll order it later on.

I'll be giving those cuttings a Neem spray. Maybe just put together an IPM schedule to use from here on out.

Definitely go for the IPM! I'm going to neem my just-flipped plants (someday you'll see them) every three days until I see pistils to try to avoid a bad infestation during flower.
I've been spraying the GG4 that's outside about every two to three days.
Houseplants are getting Neem every four days. Flowering plants are getting a Green Cleaner spray this evening.

I haven't seen any sign of bugs on the flowering gals yet but I'll go ahead with the pest management regardless.

I left my philodendron where the clones used to be. She will let me know if I have any bugs in that area.
She has few leaves that are much easier to treat than a full flowering cannabis plant.
I'll use her as my indicator/canary in the coal mine plant.

Have you ever considered growing nasturtium in your yard? I know the aphids are probably loving your citrus but maybe a few strategically placed pots of nasturtiums could pull some of the heavy pest load away from the cannabis.
Then you can spray the ever-loving hell out of the nasturtiums. They are supposed to be drawn to them like a magnet.
I wonder if they would prefer it over cannabis though?

Back
Top Bottom