Virgin Ground And The Little Star Asterion

I start them into 20-22k Lux and I don’t do a ton of light adjustments in the first few weeks. It seems like a lot of light but I give them all they can handle.
Not positive about how much lux I had in veg. Seems like 15k maybe?
I bet I have it written down somewhere.
Wookiees seemed to grow taller when I manicure the lowest hanging leaves a few times a week. I have done backbuilding on several varieties and the idea is that you trim the tops so the plant thinks it’s getting eaten if it grows UP anymore. The flip side being if you trim at the bottom they seemed to keep stretching.
I've never tried backbuilding. I do occasionally remove lower leaves as they grow but that's for ease of watering more than anything.

But after seeing the plants grow even taller in your tents without superthrive or bottom pruning, it seems to be heavily dependent on genetics and lights.
I only use MC from sprout. They come up and I hit them with 1gr/gallon asap.
I do have pretty decent lights and the genetics seem great!
I remember first starting out with autos and feeling doomed when they pop pistils at 19 days old- and some people feeling like the growing was somehow OVER at that point.
The first time I topped an auto it was because I was frustrated with it's early blooming.
I feel like the plants tell you what they need, as long as you don’t keep asking 😂
Isn't that the truth.
SUPERCROP!!!!!!!!!!
NO!!!! Not unless I have to. Lol
I am sure @Virgin Ground has heard of that before so no need for all caps.
If you ever see that guy giving me shit...he is but it's ok.
Chris and I are pretty close. We chat on the phone for hours.

If he does get to me, expect me to tell him to go f#$& himself! 😊
Yes it does, thank you. I was waiting for first flower but topping too high up it seems.

I'm sure that where you top a plant can matter but how much ? No idea
I don't really train my plants much.
I'm sure there is someone on here at 420 that could tell us what happens at nodes 3,4,5 etc.

I've watched plenty of videos telling me that what I do is absolutely wrong and it won't work. I just ignore them and play around.

Ask any auto flower grower on YouTube and they'll probably say that I'm insane.

Are their plants any better looking? Not necessarily.

Feeling poetic today, are we.?...😁
Sure am
I seem to consistently have the opposite problem- I'll figure on a 2x stretch, then she stretches 4 inches...
Not complaining, though- the shorties still seem to put out a lot of weed!
The weight from your shorties rival my spears. You get some hefty lil buggers.
They're looking great, VG!..a little tall, but those will be some awesome spears at the end....
I sure hope so
A few wire coat hangers and some zip-ties might do the trick...🤔

Or, can you adjust the fan speeds to give you a little positive pressure in the tent..?
I'll take note. I'm still in the brainstorming stage.

I wonder if I could steam some bamboo and shape it a bit? I have loads of that stuff.

You're a fantastic cheerleader.
I got nothing else to offer you my dear. :love:
Need to find some sort of braces for the tent sides to keep them from sucking inwards. It would give me a bit more room.
Has to be very cheap or free. I'll look around here and see what I have laying around.
Might have been Otter who uses dowels (broom handles?) and PVC connectors with the ends sliced to fit over the poles. You could do that with bamboo and duct tape too.

Or, if smell isn't an issue, turn the exhaust fan around and gain a huge amount of space on the sides!
SUPERCROP!!!!!!!!!!
LOL!
I am sure @Virgin Ground has heard of that before so no need for all caps.
She's heard it from me for years, but Chris is way more insistent than I am. :)
Ask anyone auto flower grower on YouTube and they'll probably say that I'm insane.
FTFY

So, I'm insane now. Just fabulous. 😂
I got nothing else to offer you my dear.
I got your friendship too?

Or, if smell isn't an issue, turn the exhaust fan around and gain a huge amount of space on the sides!
Unfortunately it still is. That smell clings to clothes and I have school age children.

Day #47 for the Wizard autos.

I had them out of the tent to free range for a bit. Looked for bugs and fed them.

Looks like one of them has a bit more sativa in her 😉 wonder which one lol
Might need an extra week or 2 of flowering compared to shorty.

Happy to hear you say Wookiees is a favorite, Wizard is going to be slightly more flavorful, harder nugs and there was just the right amount of Sativa in mine cause that’s not really my jam normally- but that destroyer is a fine fine mellow Sativa. Basically she was bred for flavor and I had no idea they’d get that tall! Amazing when they are happy

Looks like one of them has a bit more sativa in her 😉 wonder which one lol
Might need an extra week or 2 of flowering compared to shorty.

Happy to hear you say Wookiees is a favorite, Wizard is going to be slightly more flavorful, harder nugs and there was just the right amount of Sativa in mine cause that’s not really my jam normally- but that destroyer is a fine fine mellow Sativa. Basically she was bred for flavor and I had no idea they’d get that tall! Amazing when they are happy
I was thinking that tall-y would take longer too.
She has interesting leaves. They go from fives to fours and then to threes, going up the plant. Not sure if I've had a plant do that before or not.

I took the saucer grate from under the tall one. They are a bit more even now.
The light is all the way up in the tent so I hope they slow their stretch soon.
Shorty may have already.

Kicking myself that I didn't toss a Wookiee in there somewhere.
It's disappearing pretty fast around here. I'd better hide some for myself real soon.

Wish my kid would start his grow soon. He's working two jobs until after Halloween.
It would be nice to have a tad less demand to grow and little more Wookiee to myself.

:eek:
I hope she's okay.
:hug:
My son just called. He's there with my brother.
She definitely had a stroke but is being more responsive now.

Waiting on the CAT scans.

My dad had cellulitis in his leg often. Much better than a stroke that's for sure!
If it's a mild case but I'm not sure about anything yet.

She already lost one leg.

I hope your mom is going to be ok VG.
Thanks Carmen.
I hope she has some fight in her.
We lost dad almost three months ago and she's been really depressed.
Beautiful "free range" plants!

I hope for your Mom's well being VG!
Thanks Stone.

We did get some more info last night.
She has a benign mass in her brain and has a very bad UTI that caused her body temp to go down to 88°.
That caused her confusion and prevented her from verbal communication.

She started talking again last night. Waiting to hear from my brother today.
Hopefully she's made improvements

I can't go to visit her either. Bf took a covid test yesterday. Came back positive.
Guess what the whole family will be enjoying in the coming week?

Like I need this crap.

Day #47 for the Wizard autos.

I had them out of the tent to free range for a bit. Looked for bugs and fed them.

Even your “shorty” has long ass stems with lots of bud sites. Very nice autos. I’m on a similar page as you are apparently anymore. Less is more. This will be my last auto scrog. Those are gonna be super nice colas.

I got nothing else to offer you my dear. :love:

Might have been Otter who uses dowels (broom handles?) and PVC connectors with the ends sliced to fit over the poles. You could do that with bamboo and duct tape too.

LOL!

She's heard it from me for years, but Chris is way more insistent than I am. :)

FTFY
What Shed said! Check out my scrog in the VS tent in the Florida grow journal. It is for a scrog but it’s precisely what Shed said and duct tape does indeed work! Old tent poles or PVC. Or if you have GGTs, you can buy the CFL bars, which I have but are basically the identical thing just with pole attachments. It works great. Duct tape is PLENTY strong enough. I do it all the time. Easy and almost free.

Back
Top Bottom