Virgin Ground And The Little Star Asterion

What Shed said! Check out my scrog in the VS tent in the Florida grow journal. It is for a scrog but it’s precisely what Shed said and duct tape does indeed work! Old tent poles or PVC. Or if you have GGTs, you can buy the CFL bars, which I have but are basically the identical thing just with pole attachments. It works great. Duct tape is PLENTY strong enough. I do it all the time. Easy and almost free.
Also, if you happened to save the old connect to the vertical pole clip pieces, it’s easy to slide them onto an old tent pole cut. Then it’s perfect with no unsightly duct tape.

Also, if you happened to save the old connect to the vertical pole clip pieces, it’s easy to slide them onto an old tent pole cut. Then it’s perfect with no unsightly duct tape.
Hint: cut them slightly longer than the length you need. Slightly. Just enough so that they will stay in place with no tape from tension. The vertical poles are flexible. It helps a lot in my experience. Once you have one taped in place, you will then have a mass of tape at the corner. This helps. It gives you something to “anchor” the next pole too until it’s taped in place.

So much news I went with wow. It's crazy how much a UTI affects the brain in older people and kidney issues generally can mirror stroke or dementia. A good round of antibiotics will handle that, but do they have a plan for the mass?

And more Covid? It never rains but it pours. :goodluck: with all the stuff flying at you. VG Strong!
They are leaving the mass. I don't think she could handle surgery right now. They said that she has had it for a long time from the looks of it and it isn't a danger to her right now.

Bf has (i think I do now too) covid yet we moved about 3/4 ton worth of crap today. Have a few more of those loads yet.
Even your “shorty” has long ass stems with lots of bud sites. Very nice autos. I’m on a similar page as you are apparently anymore. Less is more. This will be my last auto scrog. Those are gonna be super nice colas.
Thanks Jon.

I don't have much free time so I have to keep things easy. These two girls have been pretty good.
Fed them a bit too much for a bit. They look pretty good now.
What Shed said! Check out my scrog in the VS tent in the Florida grow journal. It is for a scrog but it’s precisely what Shed said and duct tape does indeed work! Old tent poles or PVC. Or if you have GGTs, you can buy the CFL bars, which I have but are basically the identical thing just with pole attachments. It works great. Duct tape is PLENTY strong enough. I do it all the time. Easy and almost free.

Hint: cut them slightly longer than the length you need. Slightly. Just enough so that they will stay in place with no tape from tension. The vertical poles are flexible. It helps a lot in my experience. Once you have one taped in place, you will then have a mass of tape at the corner. This helps. It gives you something to “anchor” the next pole too until it’s taped in place.
I'm too busy to even attempt to do anything about it until after Oct 1st.

I'll check it out when I'm back in full swing here.

Thank you

They are leaving the mass. I don't think she could handle surgery right now. They said that she has had it for a long time from the looks of it and it isn't a danger to her right now.
Well that's some good news. I hope the antibiotics are kicking in for her by now.
Bf has (i think I do now too) covid yet we moved about 3/4 ton worth of crap today. Have a few more of those loads yet.
Is that stuff from the old place? Shite timing that's for sure!

Feel better soon the lot of ya.

Well that's some good news. I hope the antibiotics are kicking in by now for her.
They are. Calling her tonight to see how she's doing. She didn't want to talk yesterday. She was too tired.
Is that stuff from the old place? Shite timing that's for sure!
Feel better soon the lot of ya.
Some of it is. Other stuff is from my family's storage shed. Have to do both at once.

Sorry to hear about your mum, VG. Sending positive thoughts your and her way. :hug:

Just running through, have to get to work asap.

Your thoughts on this?

A bit dark, bronze ,brittle spots on leaves.

Excess K? Feeding too heavily again?

I can't have it on my mind all day, hope anyone with input can post. Thanks
Are you feeding extra K? I wouldn’t think you’d be overfeeding in general as I fed mine a bit more aggressively.
pH fluctuations cause a lot of my problems including uptake of certain things. This is a tough one for me to nail down though, hopefully someone has insight on your spots..
sorry I can’t be more help. Definitely not time to worry yourself though, it’s probably something simple.

Just running through, have to get to work asap.

Your thoughts on this?

A bit dark, bronze ,brittle spots on leaves.

Excess K? Feeding too heavily again?

I can't have it on my mind all day, hope anyone with input can post. Thanks
Good afternoon hope things go well at work.
Your color is a vibrant green to me.
That's N? Not k.
But that aside, the holes worry me.
The damage is it the whole plant or just one area?
Are you able to check underneath just incase it's pests?

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Feeding too heavily again?
The leaf tips aren't toasted, so I wouldn't think overfeeding...that being said, I don't know what would cause those symptoms- I've had similar happen, (bronzing, crunchy, with odd patterns) but usually only on the oldest leaves at the bottom of the plant, and I'd end up plucking them off- it never seemed to move up beyond the bottom of the plant, in my case, anyway...

Are you feeding extra K? I wouldn’t think you’d be overfeeding in general as I fed mine a bit more aggressively.
pH fluctuations cause a lot of my problems including uptake of certain things. This is a tough one for me to nail down though, hopefully someone has insight on your spots..
sorry I can’t be more help. Definitely not time to worry yourself though, it’s probably something simple.
Not feeding extra K. I'm just feeding plain MC.

I am seeing some hooking in the leaves in the bud. I think I'm just overfeeding again.
Seems that she doesn't like anything over 3.5 gr/gallon. She was fine with 4gr/gallon for two weeks and then started to make a stink again.
I'll just lower it back down again, I guess.

Good afternoon hope things go well at work.
Your color is a vibrant green to me.
That's N? Not k.
But that aside, the holes worry me.
The damage is it the whole plant or just one area?
Are you able to check underneath just incase it's pests?

Bill284 😎
No bugs. Checked thoroughly.

The damage is kinda weird. It's only on one side mainly. It had four or five bad leaves on one side but only one bad one on the other side. It's only on one plant too, the shorty. Tall plant looks fine so far.
This is new since Saturday? Was your last feeding anything different from Wednesday's?
Same mix for both feedings. Think it's the after effect of Wednesdays feeding.
Timing works out as it showed up on Saturday/Sunday.
The leaf tips aren't toasted, so I wouldn't think overfeeding...that being said, I don't know what would cause those symptoms- I've had similar happen, (bronzing, crunchy, with odd patterns) but usually only on the oldest leaves at the bottom of the plant, and I'd end up plucking them off- it never seemed to move up beyond the bottom of the plant, in my case, anyway...
The leaves have the slightest of tip burn.
One of the bad leaves was higher up on the plant. They didn't look any worse today. Maybe I made a bad MC mix somehow on Wednesday and the feeding on Saturday corrected it?

If it gets worse I'll leach and lower the amount of MC again.

It's probably something really simple and stupid that I did.

Not feeding extra K. I'm just feeding plain MC.

I am seeing some hooking in the leaves in the bud. I think I'm just overfeeding again.
Seems that she doesn't like anything over 3.5 gr/gallon. She was fine with 4gr/gallon for two weeks and then started to make a stink again.
I'll just lower it back down again, I guess.

No bugs. Checked thoroughly.

The damage is kinda weird. It's only on one side mainly. It had four or five bad leaves on one side but only one bad one on the other side. It's only on one plant too, the shorty. Tall plant looks fine so far.

Same mix for both feedings. Think it's the after effect of Wednesdays feeding.
Timing works out as it showed up on Saturday/Sunday.

The leaves have the slightest of tip burn.
One of the bad leaves was higher up on the plant. They didn't look any worse today. Maybe I made a bad MC mix somehow on Wednesday and the feeding on Saturday corrected it?

If it gets worse I'll leach and lower the amount of MC again.

It's probably something really simple and stupid that I did.
I find MC high in N.
But this is my first grow using it so no expert.
I've got wind burn that looks similar.But no holes. So:rolleyes:
How is her pot?
She still draining it properly?

Bill284 😎

Hey VG, people talking about environmental factors. Is it possible something spilt / splashed on the leaves? Those holes are unusual aren't they.

Wind burn? It almost looks more environmental than nute related.
Ding,ding,ding!

I think we have a winner.
I find MC high in N.
But this is my first grow using it so no expert.
I've got wind burn that looks similar.But no holes. So:rolleyes:
How is her pot?
She still draining it properly?

Bill284 😎
As long as you don't overfeed or underfeed, MC works great.
I've been using it for almost five years now.

Pot is fine. She's drinking like a champ.
Hey VG, people talking about environmental factors. Is it possible something spilt / splashed on the leaves? Those holes are unusual aren't they.
I may have splashed something but I think Shed is right and it's from the fan.
I observed it whipping the back leaves.
Hopefully repositioning the fan does the job.

I did cut back on the MC just a tad. I think they look a bit too dark green.

My presence here may be spotty in the near future.
Mom isn't doing well. We have a family meeting with her doctor later this afternoon to make end of life decisions.
She has been beligerant towards her nurses, refuses to eat, drink or have an oxygen mask on.
Says she wants to go.....

Doctors correct one issue and another pops up. Most of the family is on the same page as far as following her wishes. Just one outlier who is making issue and going against what she wants.
I'll know more of what's going on after the meeting.
It's only been three months since dad passed and I was hoping for more time.

In other news..
We met the deadline for moving all of our stuff but have yet to turn the place over. Bf is working on that today. Cross your fingers for me that at least that goes through without issue.

One of my kids was in the ER two days ago. Physically ok but don't want to go into that for now.

Dog has been sick for the last few days too. Hopefully just garbage gut or stress related.

Yeah....
I'm pretty much at the end of my rope.
I haven't been sleeping, barely eating, my nerves are so shot that I can't keep food down very well.

I feel like packing up my old beater van with a cooler and an inflatable mattress and bugging out for a few days. Turn off the phone and sit in the quiet of nature before I lose my mind.
Can't really do that though,not just yet.

Fuck...
I think my plants are still alive. Haven't been able to check on them for a few days.
I'll set some water out to off gas and feed them this evening if they are ready.
I know my houseplants need it too.ill try to post an update for both journals this evening but I'm not gonna lose sleep over it if I don't. I have to grab any chance at some sort of relaxation if I can. I can't keep on going like I am.

Just spread too thin right now.

Back
Top Bottom