Virgin Ground And The Little Star Asterion

I ate a big ol ' brownie. My eyelids feel like they are filled with cement.
I'm hoping for a few good hours of sleep tonight.
I hope Mr. Weedman brings you a dream!

The snow is melting here, finally. The only problem with that is the super high humidity that comes with it. When I looked in on the girls last night the rh was 98%.
I had planned on testing my carbon filter, but I can't do that until it dries out now. Since they don't stink too badly yet, I'm going to just run the extraction fan sans the filter so I can get the rh down.
I did cut a few of the worthless suckers on the bottom of both plants as well as a few of her older,damaged leaves.
HG has slowed on her vertical growth. If she stops where she is, I may not need to super crop her. Cross your fingers for me on that one.
Lemon is doing good. She's praying so hard that a couple of her leaves are pointing straight up. She is still stretching pretty rapidly at this point. She has the room to grow vertically,but not a lot of room horizontally. Some days I wish I had a 4x4 and a bit more cash to play with.
I'm hoping that if by some miracle,my back is repaired that I can get back in the workforce and have a little disposable income to put towards my "hobby" as Mr.Ground puts it. I take it much more seriously than my typical hobbies though.

What’s your take on the praying leaves? I’ve read that it’s a sign of light stress, but growers have chimed in and said that’s not right. I was having some heat issues, so I bumped up my light, heat issue passed, and now the upper leaves on my BBK are doing just what you said, nearly vertical.

What’s your take on the praying leaves? I’ve read that it’s a sign of light stress, but growers have chimed in and said that’s not right. I was having some heat issues, so I bumped up my light, heat issue passed, and now the upper leaves on my BBK are doing just what you said, nearly vertical.

I always see the "praying for mag" stuff on the internet.
I think it is closer to tugor-mediated or growth-mediated heliotropism/phototropism.
Sounds less bro-sciency.

Wow. I just discovered that my light was only running at half power. Wonder how long it has been like that? It's probably why my HG hasn't shown any light burn.

Pretty good growth for half power though. Now I'm going to have to super crop and turn up the lights.

The ridiculous lemon is still stretching. She has lost a bit of her even shape. When I was looking at her yesterday, I saw a tiny spot of PM. It was only on one leaf. I removed it and turned my extractor fan on because the rh was 98%. I might need to defol or add another fan because the leaf I found the PM on was laying against the tent not moving. It should be better in there now, I got the rh down to 45-50%. My oscillating fan died so I've been using a stationary fan and its doing an ok job but I feel more would be better.

I'm still waiting for my carbon filter too dry out. Hopefully it isn't a lost cause. I kinda need one of those. I'm in a tight spot on that one. It's giving me a bit of anxiety for sure.

I've super cropped before, but I'm super nervous about trying to crop the HG. I'd better have the duct tape on stand by. I just have a bad feeling...

I tried a little lst on her a few weeks back. I lightly pulled two stems opposite each other and heard a snap . I split her main stem. She just doesn't seem as pliable as my other plants have been. That why the concern.

I've super cropped before, but I'm super nervous about trying to crop the HG. I'd better have the duct tape on stand by. I just have a bad feeling...

Get rid of those thoughts girl! You’ll be great and you’ve got your back up - tape, just in case. You got this :thumb:

They can get very woody just have to take your time.
She isn't woody at all really, it's almost like she didn't get enough silicates. She's kinda brittle.

Get rid of those thoughts girl! You’ll be great and you’ve got your back up - tape, just in case. You got this :thumb:
The passage of time will reveal all........ Your lucky numbers are 46, 14,8 and 1. ;)

anyway u can hook up a fan to that filter for better air flow?

I have the extraction fan on. I don't have it hooked up though. My rh was so high that it clogged the filter.

Back
Top Bottom