Owned a cafe myself.. that was a good way of dropping over $100,000 and working for free on weekends (running a painting business during the week) for little over seven years...

Mine paid itself off but it cost me 3 years of my life, whatever that was supposed to be worth. :p Fuggin' food business - you'd think we'd know better. :rofl:

install a water filter before that water heater and you'll get more years out of the new one.

best advice of the day,, install a filter. of some kind

heya friend,, cheers from the south,, darn warm south again, spring has sprung perhaps,, i wish,, warm tho

a lotto gettin old chattin goin on round here.

two things i know, i proved em myself,,

first,, talkin and thinkin about it does not slow it down

second, and most important,, talkin and thinkin about it makes it go faster

just the facts sir

P1170402.JPG

this my project of the moment,, only time will tell how far it goes,, have spent the last weeek looking for the right colour green,, mixing like a mixing fool

but i think i got it,,, whatcha think??? does that look cannabis colour to you,,

the painting just starting,, i think i like it,, course, i can see thru what is there now

just lovin this light weaseley,, plants too,, i feel i can actually see them grow,, and healthy like i have never seen before.

sure shows what i have been missing all this time

P1170403.JPG

that as much as i can get in the frame,, so tight up there,,but

front center, a lemon skunk who has only known this flower light,, just diggin the hell outa it,, right side a mack-x a mama thai cross,, biggest leaves six inches long stretched out straighter than a ruler,, beautiful,, back center an ace mix,, a seed gifted long ago by a good fella,, finally tried it and took forever to sex itself,, throwing out these tiny little male looking branchy things for ever to fool me,, then, one day,, way past i swore it was male,, but kept it anyway cuz i just was not positive and wanted positive

ace mix,, beautiful little colas all pointy and perty,, and barely in the frame left a blueberry,, half way thru and after near two weeks under this light just a givin off an aroma oh so nice,, when stroked

also helps that i got my ph issue under control,, the leaves were showing it real bad,, not now

back the canvas friend,,

that hash is so white,, yucatan sand white,, beautiful

cheers friend,,

oh one more thing,, if you do not know about, i am thinking i mentioned it before,,

i have been in my studio, painting and just diggin the music from this public funded edmonton university based radio station,,

ckua

outstanding

ckua.com live streaming,, simply superb

cheers friend

I have views on life and death that most folks don't appreciate. I see us all as no different from the plants we grow. Biological beings without any hint of any magic. There are functional differences.... I can choose to harvest myself whenever I please. I'm very happy I have that option.
I've run into an interesting character as of late. She tried and failed to harvest herself at the age of 18. Now, 5 years later, she's a good bit damaged by the attempt and must at least walk with a cane because of spinal cord damage. Poor thing.... 3 stories was just not enough to do the deed. She's very open and honest with herself. She's allowed me to banter with her about the whole affair. So fun. Peeking inside such crazy drama is just endlessly enjoyable. Added bonus, these days shes a psych major (so cliched!).

everyone and things a story,, waiting to be heard

and the only thing that's missing

is the words

i finally clued into what that meant,, ha

ya know,, the snowman in the sky aptly reminded me of my insignificance,,

we come and we go,, most of us forgotten without a second thot,, a rare few get a second,, then done,,

it really does not matter much

i paint pretty pictures and make boquets of flowers till done

oh,, music,, how groovy. before painting,, my bestest passion. still is,, but the dream is dimming

but, since you mentioned it,, i will mention that i am currently in studio,, oh, sounds so important,, not so, but to me

singer songwriter here,, in studio, recording a c.d.,, but a 'compilation disk',, simply a record of my original music, for posterity,, tho,, as mentioned,, cept to me,, is not so everlastingly important,, but, for now,, is so very much important,, least to me

wonder if i can post the progress so far in a mp3

so, friend,, pray tell your involvement with the musical arts,,pls

weaseley has a connection to the music groove as well,,

i found it interesting to look at the pic of the painting i am doing,, a bit dif perspective,, always desireable

so i thot i would do it agin,, a thread possibly,, might help motivate me,,this thread perhaps,,

P1170404.JPG

Just an amateur I'm afraid. Of course, even an amateur in NOLA can find someone to sing with... or perhaps beat a 5gal like a drum... maybe a washboard.
A friend and I did a full version of Silver Bells the other day while waiting in line at Costco. Others joined in. I was cruising thru the French Quarter a while back and stopped to entertain tourists with a duet of Iko Iko joined by a washboard player.
Doing real music would seem like work. I just like to jump in with friends, and when one considers that music runs like blood thru families down here, I can always find something.

no need to be afraid,,

me and the missus did a trip a while back,, got real close to noleans,, it is in me bucket list,, to sing luckenbach texas in luckenbach,, actually,, but base outa dallas perhaps and come see you and the boys

we have some history in texas

IMG_0758b.JPG

me and the missus at the kerville folk festival

damn that was fun,,

Shy folk really do miss out on the joys of doing a touch of singing in public. It's just so fun. You two sure like like joy is flowing thru you.
Long ago I got over the quality of my performances. Generally I want everyone to join in. Everyone's smilin when they're singin!
Additionally, I really dig the historic bits of the city, and many of those are wrapped in music. For example, Iko is a song about the Mardi Gras Indians fighting in the streets.
"See that man all dressed in green... he's not a man he's a lovin machine". That's a reference to the 'scouts' that go out and find the other groups as well as serving as intermediary between their battles... thus the 'lover'. They wore green.
"See that man all dressed in red... betcha 5 dollahs that he'll kill you dead." The fighters wore red.

History, music, and food baby!

what the heck,, pls, dont tell the missus i posted this,,just we been reminissin a bit lately about this fun time we had,,

this sums up the adventure me and the missus had, kerville and luckenbach included, tho this a few months later,, more tan,

this does it all for me

P1040059b.JPG

camera on the ground,, 15 sec delay,, some careful prep,, voila,,

P1170405.JPG

Back
Top Bottom