ooh , sorry, im Little fast in talking, but they are again declaring it like something else.. The purple Thai from anesia-seeds was somewhere else classified as Thai x mecican... sorry. I couldnt know that . I just doublechecked with my eye, and it was hard to spot the hidden mexican in it... So, i didnt wanna Interrupt your newyear-sensations, so arriba , peace

Results are very very unscientific so far. But at least I seem to have ruled out the possibility of the added Recharge actually completely screwing up the cloning process, which seemed a real possibility given that it’s got molasses and some nutrients in it.

That’s great news. I just put that og mack of mine into flowering last night. :thumb:

I always appreciate the lighting discussions. It’s been a little side hobby of mine the last half year, poking around in the lighting dept. Decreased vision/income means I won’t be pulling the trigger on anything for quite some time, but it’s always an interesting topic to me.
Amazing really, how fast things have changed. At the time I joined the forum a few years back, LED lighting was pretty mediocre and expensive stuff, and there was a whole lot of defensiveness and ‘issues’ around the topic of LED vs HID. I’m glad that’s evolved.

——————————

I’ve been meaning to do a bunch of hash making experiments. I want to refine what Nivek calls the ‘Weaselhead’ hash making technique, and compare it to using bubble bags, with a goal
to eliminate the bags altogether if possible.

I started on that project last night, using 50 grams of Pineapple Chunk buds from the freezer. Dried buds, but stuff that was too scruffy looking for other uses. As all my PC bud has been lately :(

I mixed the bud/ice/water for 30 minutes on low-medium throttle with a paint mixer, then strained it and let the stuff settle for three hours before siphoning off the watery part. As Nivek mentioned, most of the hash was settled within half an hour. But it doesn’t seem to harm anything to leave it a bit longer and I was busy -so I did.

These are one gallon jars. The one on the left has been settling for about 40 minutes. The one on the right is round two -freshly poured.

I’ve messed around with various variables. Settling times, mixing times, etc. Still working on that a bit but won’t bore you with all the details.

I mixed the first batch for 30 minutes as I said, then added more water and a bit more ice and mixed for another thirty. This is what the goo from batch one looks like- strained off but not yet dried.

The second batch was fairly similar quality, though perhaps very slightly greener. But there was much less of it.

All the debris you see in the pic is not because quality dropped. It’s because unfortunately I failed to clean out the 1 gallon jar properly before dumping the soup in, so it had a bunch of pistils and leaf matter from storing bud in it previously.

Next time I’ll try leaving the paint mixer on for an hour and just do it all in one run if possible.

When I get the chance I will mix a bunch up, strain it, then run half through the bubble bags while leaving half to settle naturally, and see which is better in terms of quality vs workload.

:passitleft:

The problem isn't the bubble bags - it's the bubble hash!!! :laugh:
Once I tried dry Ice Hash, which uses a single bubble bag with NO water, I've never gone back! :thumb:

I even bought one of those mini portable washers to make the bubble hash. It's been boxed in the garage for years! :rolleyes:

Krip - the link to the vid didn't work please pm me or post again please????

Happy New Year

tobacco-relief Quitting was easy enough.

Congrats and good luck with it. I found cannabis to be a great bridge to freedom from addition. But I've also done a lot of psychedelics. lol... I read somewhere that doing psychedelics helps with the addiction bond thing in our brains. Next up for legalization shrooms.. wait they were always legal, I think right? o_O

Cloning was an issue in the fall for me. Maybe your winter is my fall?

I turned the corner on 0 for 9 and now am at 3 for 9 and a few roots in my water glasses.
My grandmother always took cuts and just put them in a glass and on the window sill.

Worked for her and long run for me its consistent but less % success rate over all than the bucket.

Started spraying cuts with water and changing water every other day when I think about it. Seems to help. Prolly could add some kelp tea foiler. Haven't tried that yet.

I got tired dealing with a cloner bucket. Gotta carry water and shit and then muss and fuss. Glass of water on the window sill @ 30% roots, I'm good with it.

Careful what we wish for. Clones on the window sill with roots and some in the bucket now I have to up-pot into containers in between trimming. My life is grande, I'm dancing a little. <instert dancing GIF>

srimp creol, srimp stew, srimp gumbo, fried srimp, srimp kabobs ....

If shrimp grew roots man, I'd put em in soil and grow more and then go fishing. lol.

Krip - the link to the vid didn't work please pm me or post again please????

Happy New Year

Congrats and good luck with it. I found cannabis to be a great bridge to freedom from addition. But I've also done a lot of psychedelics. lol... I read somewhere that doing psychedelics helps with the addiction bond thing in our brains. Next up for legalization shrooms.. wait they were always legal, I think right? o_O

Cloning was an issue in the fall for me. Maybe your winter is my fall?

I turned the corner on 0 for 9 and now am at 3 for 9 and a few roots in my water glasses.
My grandmother always took cuts and just put them in a glass and on the window sill.

Worked for her and long run for me its consistent but less % success rate over all than the bucket.

Started spraying cuts with water and changing water every other day when I think about it. Seems to help. Prolly could add some kelp tea foiler. Haven't tried that yet.

I got tired dealing with a cloner bucket. Gotta carry water and shit and then muss and fuss. Glass of water on the window sill @ 30% roots, I'm good with it.

Careful what we wish for. Clones on the window sill with roots and some in the bucket now I have to up-pot into containers in between trimming. My life is grande, I'm dancing a little. <instert dancing GIF>

If shrimp grew roots man, I'd put em in soil and grow more and then go fishing. lol.

Just replaced with a different link. Same process, better music! :rofl:

BTW, if you just search the Tube for "dry ice hash" you'll get tons of vid's! ;)

Happy new year man :passitleft:
New years fun fact:

• The average person recognizes thousands of logos for commercial products, yet recognizes fewer than five plants that grow in his/her area.
  • Edit ; American changed to person
  • Do strains count? :rofl:

The problem isn't the bubble bags - it's the bubble hash!!! :laugh:
Once I tried dry Ice Hash, which uses a single bubble bag with NO water, I've never gone back! :thumb:

I even bought one of those mini portable washers to make the bubble hash. It's been boxed in the garage for years! :rolleyes:
I totally agree about the hash process! Dry ice is the only way I'll ever make hash again. The process is sooo much better IMO. Better yeild, equal quality, with no labor. It's like going from a push mower to a zero turn ;)

Happy New Year! WC...happy wishes for you and yours in 2019...especially for your eye...you roll with the punches pretty well my friend...love your attitude and thoughts towards life...I'm gonna want to quiz Ya' on making your own CS, as I think it was here I saw mention and positive results in that regard...:thumb::high-five:...cheerz...h00k...:rollit::passitleft:...

Oh man I’m so laying waste to the holiday spirit this year. Which comment makes me wonder how it became a spirit in the first place-
maybe someone got tired of its jingly bells? Been holed up in this cabin a bit, dealing with the darkness and lubricating against the onset of winter rust with large amounts of workahol - building a new shop space for myself and generally continuing to jump life’s hurdles. I’m not winning any awards in that dept, but.... still getting the job done. I think.
I’m not sure you’d find me betting on a race horse named ‘Getting the Job Done, I Think’. But wtf - I’m stuck with it. At least till spring. (?)
It’s funny - this online friends business. I know it’s sort of bullshit in some ways. Don’t expect me to be sending you dozens and dozens of virtual hugs. Truth be told I think one real hug is worth about 1000000 virtual hugs. Nevertheless- it is a very cool and interesting bunch of people that wander through here, and I do really appreciate it very much. I find myself a little touched to wander in half a week late and find these comments and holiday wishes. Thank you! :)
I suspect that this journal will continue to be a little sporadic for the next while. And hopefully that’s ok. I can’t really see why it wouldn’t be ok, in the big picture- just putting it out there.
I’ve been working on the bubble hash experiments and it’s all drying by the chimney as we speak. Will post when I have dry weights and thoughts in order.
From the freezer - dried failed bud and trimmings- weighed in around 650 grams. In my younger days how could I have even imagined I’d be so cool and have so much bud to throw around?

stirred with ice and paint mixer for an hour - then divided equally. Half will run through the b bags. Half will settle naturally without bags.

siphoning off

Will weigh and do the math when everything is dry.

Also, I harvested another Chocolate Mint tonight. This is one of the clones that I took from the variegated CM, which afterwards lost the variegated mutation. A beautiful plant and you can maybe imagine how striking it would look with that vanilla cream colour variegated bud mixed in.

I still have the variegated one. I just haven’t managed to clone it again.

Cheers friends. Thanks for being around. Happy holidays belatedly. I hope each one of you is doing well jumping the ol’ hurdles. Just hopefully not better than the one I’ve got my money on...I forget wtf it’s called again -:hmmmm: ‘Better than Nothing’ - or something like that??
Excuse me there racetrack kid can I have another whisky please? And I will reply and address your posts properly - uhh.... Soon?

Good luck with winter, Weas. :)

We've already had our first blizzard and sub-zero temps, and it wasn't too rough this time. The foot of snow didn't weigh much. :p

I should send SweetSue over to give you a few dozen virtual hugs. :rofl:

:passitleft:

Thank you kindly GT. It’s been a bleakish one, but on the bright side all the workahol has had some benefits to operations here and I’ll have a nice new workspace built soon, if I don’t wear myself to a nub first.
Poor Sue, I don’t think she ever really recovered from that dingo attack before she wandered back in and got finished off by the goldfish. Stupid fish caused me big problems with the authorities actually. It got put down I heard. I came within a hair of being put down too. They can be a lot of trouble those animals. I never cried over the fish, but I was up till the wee hours last night tending to a sick and apparently dying bunny and might have shed a tear or two. Man it’s heartbreaking dealing with sick pets. Sick or dying pets is one thing that should be totally against the rules.

But the beloved old bunny was just suffering from a stomach ache I guess because around 4 am, after spending a couple days hunched over in the corner looking completely wrong and shaking and grinding his teeth he suddenly recovered, ate a big meal, and spent the rest of the night noisily chasing his girlfriend around the house. I had a terrible sleep. It’s back to bunny world outside with these silly things, now that no one is dying. Funny how pets become more precious as the years go by. A recipe for disaster since it has to end sometime. But that’s life.

We all dying, everyday I wake I realise one day closer to seeing to big fella, which ever one that may be, hope it's the good one..need a virtual hug mate, turn frown upside down,, I hope all is well in your world... sending positive energy, coming from aus, its a long way to trsvel,not sure how possitivly charged itll be once it gets to you though...

Thank you. He he he. I hate to say this but for you I have to- my vision is so scrambled I have the phone practically at the top of my nose to read, and I somehow read ‘aus’ with an n in it. :rofl:

Same place mate, you read it right, I just spelt it wrong:rofl::rofl:
I thought you might have been getting that eye fixed, with your tardiness in attendance of late...

Alive things do like to try and stay that way. I think that’s maybe why winter goes against the flow a little sometimes. Myself I might get so old someday I’ll be happy enough to just float away.
A halibut fishing boat I worked a season on, the skipper was keen on killing anything that moved, fish or otherwise. He was fond of saying ‘they’re all going to die eventually anyway’. Profound insights and what can you say but ‘’yes sir, captain, sir. I’ve got it covered, o truly tremendous one’.

Another favourite one of his was ‘nothing goes to waste’ - as we slaughtered everything in sight and dumped mountains of unwanted bycatch over the side in the night.

No- the tardiness has a combo of causes. Everything is way slower with one eye and it’s not enjoyable trying to see the screen- among many other things.

But enough of this online business I’m off to find the workahol. Cheers.

Have you noticed? The old ones won't tell us what it's like to tick off those last years. :hmmmm:

I've asked a couple times, and they just go vague, like old folks do. Longevity doesn't run in my family, and I've outlived my father's line already - got a few more years to outlive my maternal grandfather ... so ... some pointers might be nice.

I had a cafe, and one of my regular customers was a man in his 80s, one of the best attorneys in town in his day, carrying an oxygen concentrator, all haggard looking with dark bruised blotches on his exposed skin. We became acquaintances and one day I asked him to pass on words of wisdom from an old man to a younger old man. He thought about it for awhile and then said ...

"This too shall pass"

Ok, sure, I get that. :hmmmm: But ... not so profound. I was disappointed and told him so, but he just looked back at me like he didn't care. I wrote if off to his grim state of mind. It certainly was ironic, no? :)

But I've thought a lot about it since, and it sure does describe the frustration of entropy. I've been noticing a lot of entropy lately. Why the hell is the water heater being a problem? I just replaced it! Oh ... yeah ... that was 7 years ago. *sigh* It's a thoroughly annoying principle of physics. :(

So there ya go - words of wisdom from an old man whose words were worth hearing.

"This too shall pass" ........... :hmmmm:

Owned a cafe myself.. that was a good way of dropping over $100,000 and working for free on weekends (running a painting business during the week) for little over seven years...

Back
Top Bottom