................................................Merry Christmas......................................................

full

293884104_5404914323001_5404893256001-th.jpg

...cheerz...h00k...:rollit::passitleft:...

merry christmas to ya weaseley,, peace and health upgrades too

P1160985.JPG

i got my new light built , installed and up and running,, and i am likin it,, and seems the plants might too

P1170391.JPG

i am working on determining if i have it running bright enuf, but i think so,, maybe,, plants are all spread eagle suckin it up

really glad to see you cloning, growing that og mack,, i tell ya,, i just harvested some nice plants,, i know i mentioned a while back about my ph issues and bugs and bad karma too, but since then, growth has improved considerably,, mostly from much closer control of ph,, but whatever the reason, i will take it,, indeed

but,, perhaps my most potent plant ever,,

P1170389.JPG

just harvested,, this plant it's sister,,i harvested the other a couple weeks ago,, this one just a pic under the new light,,

but my most strongerest plant to date, a quite noticeable difference in the high from this,, a step up indeed

it's an og mack,,

what you are growing there,,

just can't wait to see what you do with that

so my friend,, nuttin but the best karma sent up you and if you pass by near my home,, you will feel some,,

cheers friend

@nivek when feeling out your light and plant, I found anything less than 12" of distance between put my girls in risk of foxtailing, but dimming the power curtailed that.

Well... if the recharge works

Results are very very unscientific so far. But at least I seem to have ruled out the possibility of the added Recharge actually completely screwing up the cloning process, which seemed a real possibility given that it’s got molasses and some nutrients in it.

it's an og mack,

That’s great news. I just put that og mack of mine into flowering last night. :thumb:

I always appreciate the lighting discussions. It’s been a little side hobby of mine the last half year, poking around in the lighting dept. Decreased vision/income means I won’t be pulling the trigger on anything for quite some time, but it’s always an interesting topic to me.
Amazing really, how fast things have changed. At the time I joined the forum a few years back, LED lighting was pretty mediocre and expensive stuff, and there was a whole lot of defensiveness and ‘issues’ around the topic of LED vs HID. I’m glad that’s evolved.

——————————

I’ve been meaning to do a bunch of hash making experiments. I want to refine what Nivek calls the ‘Weaselhead’ hash making technique, and compare it to using bubble bags, with a goal
to eliminate the bags altogether if possible.

I started on that project last night, using 50 grams of Pineapple Chunk buds from the freezer. Dried buds, but stuff that was too scruffy looking for other uses. As all my PC bud has been lately :(

I mixed the bud/ice/water for 30 minutes on low-medium throttle with a paint mixer, then strained it and let the stuff settle for three hours before siphoning off the watery part. As Nivek mentioned, most of the hash was settled within half an hour. But it doesn’t seem to harm anything to leave it a bit longer and I was busy -so I did.

These are one gallon jars. The one on the left has been settling for about 40 minutes. The one on the right is round two -freshly poured.

I’ve messed around with various variables. Settling times, mixing times, etc. Still working on that a bit but won’t bore you with all the details.

I mixed the first batch for 30 minutes as I said, then added more water and a bit more ice and mixed for another thirty. This is what the goo from batch one looks like- strained off but not yet dried.

The second batch was fairly similar quality, though perhaps very slightly greener. But there was much less of it.

All the debris you see in the pic is not because quality dropped. It’s because unfortunately I failed to clean out the 1 gallon jar properly before dumping the soup in, so it had a bunch of pistils and leaf matter from storing bud in it previously.

Next time I’ll try leaving the paint mixer on for an hour and just do it all in one run if possible.

When I get the chance I will mix a bunch up, strain it, then run half through the bubble bags while leaving half to settle naturally, and see which is better in terms of quality vs workload.

:passitleft:

just can't get over how pure you get the hash,, wow,, mine never is clean like that

well you start with buds three times as trichomey as mine to start,, then you mix it up much longer than you tot me to originally,, and you are simply way better at it than me

what a great haul ya gots there

my stuff always a bit green,, but oh so tasty,, indeed

i started a thread on light testing because i thot my light should be brighter,, most probably because i upped my expectations to the moon alice

i've a new light.. but how bright?? what's right?? i'm a bit up tight!!!.. request for insight (rapid led growmau5 build)

i did invite y'all but i think i did it wrong

anyhoo, i learned a lot in this short thread,, and still more to learn,, oh yes,, indeed

i installed a lux meter app on my fone and have been luxing everything in site,, overcast day outside was less than 2000 on the reading while my light full power was 8500 and that reading taken a bit far away from the light source

so the plants seem to like the light,, i have had it full power from the get go

nice to read your posts again friend,, weaselhead hash,, yep,, that's the ticket,,

cheers

@nivek when feeling out your light and plant, I found anything less than 12" of distance between put my girls in risk of foxtailing, but dimming the power curtailed that.

thanks muchly most informative friend,, cheers for the advice,, right now my light is real close to 18" from 80% of the canopy and i am going to let some grow into it a bit and watch the response

cheers bounder

Hey weaselcracker: i dont wanna offtopic, but somwhere you asked if someone knows a softer weed.. and cause i know you like s e sativa i think you like Khmer Gold of gypsy nirvana.. there is a old stock with very old seeds, very low gemrate, sometimes even ultralow, but the good Thing: Khmer Gold is euphoric, with Zero bodyfeel, just up and easy Kind of happy! it is also very adapted to homecoutry, so not easy to grow, but who knows, probably you like

Well I know what I am doing today!!! I hate bubble bags.
Good job!

Thanks lazyfish :). I’m pretty tired of the bubble bags too. A lot of pouring, draining, transferring, and rinsing and more rinsing. Compounded by my stone age working conditions. This place is cold and wet enough without having to be outside freezing my paws and tail off splashing around with ice-water :( Every time I do a run of hash I’m struck by how much more work it is than I want it to be.

wow,, mine never is clean like that
well you start with buds three times as trichomey as mine to start

Thanks for the compliments Nivek! Flattery is always appreciated but I was thinking about it and there’s just nothing I’m doing that involves any skill at all. All I do is tape the drill throttle down, let it beat the crap out of everything for a while, and... see above. So I’m sure that, as you said, it’s mainly in the starting material. Another thought I had is that maybe your strainer mesh isn’t as fine as mine?

I’m impressed with how much I yielded. The hash settled at exactly 11 grams and the weight hasn’t budged in a day and a half- so there we go- 11 grams. That’s a 22% yield from the 50 grams of bud I used, which I’m sure is much better than I usually get using trimmings, not that I’ve actually measured before.

I left the watery stuff that I siphoned off to sit overnight and see what else settled. In the morning there was very little hash sediment there. I wasn’t very careful about saving it all and only collected .2 grams, but I estimate that there could have been a half gram total at the very most. It’s much greener but it’s still obviously hash.
In the old days I used to usually let it settle overnight like this. The process is pretty forgiving since mostly all that’s going to settle in the first 12 hours or even 24- is hash. If you leave it for 2 or 3
days there will be more and more greenish sludge settling out, but it takes time.

This batch turned out amazingly. Without a doubt the best bubble hash batch I’ve ever made. It’s wonderfully sticky and stretchy like toffee.

I’m sure it’s because I used only P Chunk bud, as opposed to a random mix of mostly trimmings along with reject bud.

I’m still going to put in the work and do a side by side comparison of bags vs no bags, when I get some time.
There’s still a fair amount of rinsing and transferring involved with both methods, but I think that losing the bags will be... good.

Khmer Gold of gypsy nirvana

Thanks romano, I’ll check that one out. Cambodian bud? :thumb:

Yes Cambodian Bud.. and if you wanna know a Special Tip for a Vietnamese Girl, wich can get quiet strong..probably not hallucinogen, but maybe in a cross, if you are fast , but shurely colorfull and he said quiet strong in later flowering phenos... i am shure if you search hallucinogen weed, you shouldnt let Vietnam out, and this i think has more the colorfull side of a trip, not breaking boundaries, but going Close to the Region of it. i can give you adress where to buy.. there is only 5 or ten seeds left.. bad is i dont know if i can pm.. if you can assure me that i can without 50 Posts here than i would try my luck to set it up.. (the site doesent look so easy to handle) or say a site where your email is written.. It is maybe a 3/4 Billy Goat Vietnam black, but im not exactly shure wich viet black... also on gypsys site there is a lua prabang from gypsy too.. is a laos, old stock.. maybe not hallucinogenic, the highest Statement was that it is sort of felt a bit like a trip. But often also Little weak in phenos, or often middleclass. People speculate that ist very hard to bring her potential out of it, and it may be stronger when grown in homecountry.. So if very interested in viet..

look thats maybe the plant im talking about... but im not shure.. but it will anyway be quiet good, cause the seller is the guy wichs seedbank has only sativas ranging from high to highest order... ond it is shurely 3 / 4 Vietnam black.. the rest is some haze in that particular (cross) . here description of this eventuall particular plant:

Vietnamese Black
Description

Donated by Anonymous (check Private Breeders Stock) Heritage: ---------- Nam F1 (Vietnamese sativa hybrid, aka Vietnam Black, aka NAMweed) -Original F1 cross: -Male Northern Vietnam/China Boarder (indica influence) -Female Southern Vietnam outskirts of Saigon (truebreeding pure Sativa NAM) Breeder's description: --------------------- Originating from Vietnamese genetics brought back to North America in 77, she's an extremely potent exotic sativa. NOT RECOMMENDED FOR MEDICIAL USERS: usually resulting in shortness of breath,
difficulty breathing, raised blood pressure, leans towards paranoia. Her sweet tropical ripe mango scent and sickly sweet taste will speak for itself. Vigorous strong brancher and top heavy - support recommended. A very heavy yield compensates for a longer flowering period. Indoor
Specs: Flowering time: 9+ weeks, Height 150 cm, Yield: 1+ gm/watt

Someone asked if it is makeing you totally paranoid freaked out.. the anwser was not quiet yes, but it is rather better described "a league of ist own"... So, still very high .
Peace

srimp creol, srimp stew, srimp gumbo, fried srimp, srimp kabobs ....

Back
Top Bottom