in texas it's the fire ants,,

staying at a campground there, a deer got hit outside the front gate,, i thot i should tell management cuz i thot it would stink etc,,

mgmnt looked at me kinda funny

by the next morning it was nothing but bones,, between the vultures and fire ants

You know my feelings about the idiots at Canada Post
:rofl:
Ugh so frustrating. Anyway... now we know. No alcohol on Canada Post. :rolleyes:I tried arguing my way out of it by saying I was mistaken and actually there were no bottles. Surprisingly, she didn’t buy that. Then the bottles kept shrinking and shrinking and I pointed out that there was no danger of the tiny tiny bottles actually exploding, and even if they did they were wrapped up in a zillion layers of tape and cardboard so the chances of anyone getting seriously maimed were exactly zero, but she wouldn’t buy any of it.
Anyway... sent them from the other town. The next baggage train doesn’t leave till Monday anyway!

:cheer:Go team! :cheer:

The coyotes are all over Vancouver now. A lot of my friends say it’s pointless even trying to have a cat anymore, because it will get eaten right away. You have to give them points for adapting.

I’ve never hunted with a bow. Always hunted with a Model 1893 Marlin chambered for 38/55 and open sights. It’s a small canon :rofl: not much for field hunting, but neither am I :rofl:
Took a 10 point buck scored 163 at wildlife fed. First year hunting with 50 cal. black powder. It was a big one

Home sweet home at last :smokin: Internet here aka cell service has been sketchy but while I was languishing in town I uploaded a few pics. The last of the P Chunk harvests for a while. This stuff really isn’t much to look at. Mangy and troublesome to grow. All these last batch made it to about 11 weeks before threatening to self destruct.

The usual beginning of the end is when the sugar leaf dies back into the buds. Not only is it a real pain to trim- but it’s always the start of mould. Another day and I’m sure I would have seen budrot

Fluffy fluff. Before and after trimming

A little bit of colour starting A lot of good things would start happening with this plant in the next few weeks, if I could ever get it live that long.

I took some cuttings to start a couple side by side nutrient tests once they get rooted. How is mega crop working out for you and your hempies Nivek? I know Bluter seems happy with MC and he’s growing in hempy. Not sure why my plants aren’t happier with mega crop, but also not sure how I could really be screwing it up. I mean, it’s an all in one fertilizer. In theory you either use more, or you use less, right?

How is mega crop working out for you and your hempies Nivek? I know Bluter seems happy with MC and he’s growing in hempy. Not sure why my plants aren’t happier with mega crop, but also not sure how I could really be screwing it up. I mean, it’s an all in one fertilizer. In theory you either use more, or you use less, right?

all i can say is that my plants right now are the best they have ever been. but they are a long way from ultimate,,

i fight with yellowing leaves and losing fan leaves and crispy edges constantly,, like so many pics i see

each plant is so different, some look like hell and some look great right to the end,,

so,, that being said

how could there possibly be a one fert for all purposes??

illogical :straightface:

Thanks Penny. The last run of P Chunks has been turning out alright, considering how many issues this particular pheno is prone to having. Still, I wish it was better.

At the time I built this grow, five or six years ago, things here locally were still pretty well covered by a heavy cloud of stress and paranoia. Enhanced by previous misadventures with cops and sketchy growmates. So I built everything far away and in concealed bunker fashion. Overall I’m still fairly happy about that decision, even though the local paranoia has eased a lot. But.... you can’t have it all. Location location location It makes a big difference :) Having it tucked away out of sight out of mind makes it difficult to access, and that really kind of sets the tone for the grow. Think I’m going to crawl out there in the dark every night, with winds blowing 100 miles an hour and rain or slush sloshing down my back, just to fuss over my plants? Well.... not every night, anyway.

Also at the time I built it I was away from home at least 5 days a week. The whole idea of the grow was that it would be somewhat self sufficient and my plants shouldn’t expect a lot of TLC. So here we are today. Unless I rebuild and move the grow closer to the house someday, it’s always going to be rough around the edges.

This is why something like mega crop is attractive, because it cuts a few corners and promises to make things simpler. I don’t expect perfect plants at all, but still, I’d like not to see too many newbies per day growing better looking plants than me.
Lately I’m feeling like I’ve crossed the ‘maximum number of newbies on the forum with better plants then me per day’ threshold and need to make a change.

For now I’m going to start feeding some of the plants on different nutrients. A mix of hydro salts from the shelf, using the Hydro Buddy program to try and tweak things to perfection. I’ll do a side by side test run out of curiosity, to see if I can learn something about mega crop and maybe why it’s not working out better for me. It could be user error of course. I don’t mind yellowing in late or even mid flowering. But fairly ugly looking deficiencies in early flowering are just not sexy at all. And overall my bud quality with mega crop has consistently only been ‘fair’, IMO.

Morning Mate,

Out of curiosity, do you aerate you’re feed solution? No idea if it makes a difference or not, but those girls I grew outside this year, on MC, were getting 6g/gal from about late July until harvest. The only issues I had were normal insect pest like corn borers, but most I see on here have issues when they go that high a concentration.

Made me wonder if aerating my feed was the difference.

I normally just mix it and feed. The only time I made a reservoir full and aerated it was when I was away for three weeks and setup an auto watering system to get me through The plants weren’t anything great when I got back home - actually very scruffy, but - alive.

I really need to just grow a few side by side plants with different mixes. I know I keep saying it.... I’ve got a few clones in the cloner for this purpose now.

Seems to me MC has to be dialed in on the money with little room for error. I’m just now getting the feed right. If I feed too much I run into a number of issues.

Back
Top Bottom