Seems to me MC has to be dialed in on the money with little room for error. I’m just now getting the feed right. If I feed too much I run into a number of issues.
That seems to be the general consensus PW, with Cal seeming to be the most prominent issue depending on the medium used.

I am no expert on nutrients, this was the first time I had ever grown in anything other than LOS.

Might have been beginners luck, might have been the aeration or maybe because I was growing under the sun, who knows, but they seemed to be happy with up to 6.25g/gal, I never tried pushing higher, the 7 of them were taking over 20gal a day :rofl:

The only time I made a reservoir full and aerated it was when I was away for three weeks and setup an auto watering system to get me through The plants weren’t anything great when I got back home - actually very scruffy, but - alive.
Seems to me I remember that run, the Hexapus setup yes?

I remember 1986 was the year I saw a live coyote here for the first time. Now they’re friggen everywhere.
Was living near the arctic circle in Alaska in the early 80s, a guy shot one thinking it was a wolf. Hadn't seen one before. I told them about coyotes and told him you just got your first, won't be the last.

The hexapus contraption was a previous version, and I was around to tend it. This was sort of an emergency system I setup last summer when I went away boating. It worked out ok.
I’ve been maxing out at 6 gram/gallon of the MC. But I’ve tried it higher and lower. Also with and without calmag.

Hi Weas! :ciao: :passitleft: Sorry, I should have addressed you seeing as its my first stop by. I love those PC buds. Looking forward to a smoke report.
Find a little joy today and stay stoneder

Seems to me MC has to be dialed in on the money with little room for error. I’m just now getting the feed right. If I feed too much I run into a number of issues.

would you care to elaborate on the 'issues' you see when you feed past the recommended dosage?

i am still trying to find how far above recommended max dosage is. right now i am pushing ten percent above max recommended dosage, and waiting to see if i can go a bit higher still

watching for my leaves to show improvement, or at least to halt the yellowing

thanks penny

I have a theory. I think clones lack the vidor that seed plants have. I've been cloning out my PC for maybe 2 years now and I think it's tired and just wants to die, but of course I won't let it. Farside is my standard of a good MC grower and as far as I know, he grows autos from seeds, so he always has good genes in his garden. AFAIK, Weas relies on cloning which might be the distinguishing factor.

My thought about aeration is that it's only needed for DWC, or RDWC where the roots are in the drink full time. Every other grow style, the roots get the O2 from the air pockets in the grow medium and that air is constantly replenished with watering and drying. In the case where Weas left for a week and used it to keep the res thoroughly mixed was a good idea, a recirc pump would have been better, but the bubbles are better than nothing. Heavy metals and other elements will settle like sugar in a coffee or nutes in the jug, so something to keep everything evenly broadcast throughout the water is a good idea.

Lately I’m feeling like I’ve crossed the ‘maximum number of newbies on the forum with better plants then me per day’ threshold and need to make a change.
:laughtwo: :love: excellent motivational metric!

I can offer no help with the Mega Crop. I grow in super soil and with my current I only have to add water ;) - Sauga, Felipe Blu are a couple others who seem to understand it well. I think PW is onto something there mentioning lockout. I haven’t seen anyone really have success consistently by trying to give higher and higher amounts of it. But I don’t really know. It’ll be good to see how the side-by-side plays out for you
:popcorn:

I get yellowing and necrotic spots, it seems to be a lockout. Not sure if it’s nitrogen or magnesium.

so,, yellowing happens under nuting as well as over nuting, seemingly. possibly could be a reason why i can't nail it down

spose i might explain one thing about my grow,, not dif than many but notable still

i have two flower rooms, one in my bedroom, a tent and one in an outbuilding. and near as i can tell the only dif in the environments is the house has higher rh. 45 to 50 range,, studio outbuilding is closer to 30. i know

point of all that is that i have eight plants in flower, and every one of them is different, most lean to the thin leaf side.

so,, how can i expect one fert ,, mega crop,,to do it all perfectly for all??

then, the necrotic spots,, i thot i had that when i thot i was under ferting,, so perhaps one gets them under and over ferting as well?

oh sheesh,,

weasley,, my purple dr cbd is about as close i have grown yet to a plant that looks like yours look,, oh yes,, your plants have a look, indeed

i let it go a bit longer cuz i know you like to,, even tho the amber is more than i have been doing lately

P1170955 (2).JPG

not sure about the pic tho,, thot i liked it but not sure now,, a work in progress perhaps

hey, another thread brot up this pic,,

my completely cool calyx collection,, i'm pretty sure i'm whacked

P1170953.JPG

a rainy day foto opp possibly. can tell by the colour how old most of them are,, finely cured indeed,, ha

yes,, i just read the previous posts where y'all talked about m.c. needing to be dialed in,, ya..

i think perhaps without goin hardcore scientist i am fighting a battle i possibly cannot win

and as i mentioned, my plants are the best they have ever been,,

i should be satisfied,,,,,right?

Mixing your own nutes from salts, you have the ability to alter any one, or several elements w/o changing anything else. It's not all that different than mixing your own soils, except with nutes you can make the changes immediately. IDK the overall cost for Megacrop, but to get the complete line of salts is about $175 (USD) before shipping most of which will last a lifetime. There's a BOM on the top of page 3 of my thread, and how to mix them is the first 2 pages.

It would be fun to have a couple plants in a small tent in my main house. They’d get a lot more love and it would be a lot easier to experiment on them. I did find a tent for sale locally but it’s a little big at 4x4 and where to put it... :hmmmm:
And yeah I totally agree about the vigor of seed vs clones. Plants from seed are way nicer all around. I’m well into another STS pollination attempt. If I can get a bunch of fem seeds from it I might just grow from seed only and damn the torpedos.

Back
Top Bottom