Well high there, I finally joined

Tom Sawyer

Pretty sure a few of you folk remember me from the old forum that apparently has now become abducted by aliens or something. Damn poor timing as I’m right in the middle of a sweet grow and about 4 weeks into flower. So I’ve lost all that plus my other grow logs that were posted there. Fortunately I take regular notes so it’s not a total loss. Anyway. I am a cancer survivor. I lost a kidney to Renal Cell Carcinoma back in 2015 and I’m fighting a tumor on my remaining kidney. Plus I have a few other medical issues. I also suffer a bit of anxiety and PTSD. I started using cannabis oil back in 2016. Since then I have done a ton of research and realized that cannabis has the ability to help me dump at least 7 pharma drugs off my list of chemical crap I’ve been poisoning myself with for the last few years. Anyway. I look forward to chatting a bit with ya. Just be aware that I am old, grumpy, hungry and I have a cheeky sense of humor. But I love everyone. Em in MO probably knows my grows history better than anyone here, as she’s helped me tremendously. And she’s the one who gave me the heads up about this site. So Kudos to her. Anyway, I’ve got an Eleven Roses and a Critical Kush in the tent right now that are 4-5 weeks into Flower and coming along nicely. I’ll post pics on a different thread later. So High everyone! EMGS!

Welcome back to 420,Tom-Looking forward to seeing you around!
We've already got the old & grumpy thing in common,so we should get along just fine!
@Emilya is indeed a great person to learn from-if she doesn't know the answer,there probably isn't one...

Good to see you made it over here. That other site was lame compared to this one. Some outstanding people here that are quick to help out. No more waiting 3 days to a week for a reply if you get one at all. I usually get replies within 1 hour on this site & that is very helpful when you're stuck & need to get things done. You'll love it here !!!

Glad to see you here Tom! This forum just got that much better with your arrival! I feel your pain too... all those original logs that are now lost on that failed forum, my first grow logs... my first experiments and writing...all gone unless I copied them over here. Many I did, but much of my early works have now been lost to the ages. What is worse is the 25 years of writing and growing information that has now been lost there and with that resource now gone, 420Magazine is hands down the premier information site and the oldest and most comprehensive cannabis resource on the planet.

Good luck on your quest Tom.. hope you find what you need..
Emilya, There really is better information out there if you look.. but will agree no place better for a new grower or new to social media.. as long as dont allow some of the crap that gets passed around here to become your fact..

Glad to see you here Tom! This forum just got that much better with your arrival! I feel your pain too... all those original logs that are now lost on that failed forum, my first grow logs... my first experiments and writing...all gone unless I copied them over here. Many I did, but much of my early works have now been lost to the ages. What is worse is the 25 years of writing and growing information that has now been lost there and with that resource now gone, 420Magazine is hands down the premier information site and the oldest and most comprehensive cannabis resource on the planet.

Yes it’s quite annoying that all that information was lost. But I do have my grow log as a back up. It just sucks that we lost so many good conversations and knowledge. Fortunately I do have a complete backup of my pictures hidden on a secret cloud drive on the SATCOM69ZULU space station somewhere over the Gulf of Mexico. I need to figure out now where to post my current grow. It’s not going to be a complete log as the girls are already 5 weeks into flower. But I can post a couple of pics. Anyway. Thanks for the welcome.

Good to see you made it over here. That other site was lame compared to this one. Some outstanding people here that are quick to help out. No more waiting 3 days to a week for a reply if you get one at all. I usually get replies within 1 hour on this site & that is very helpful when you're stuck & need to get things done. You'll love it here !!!
Thanks bud. Good to see everyone over here.

Good luck on your quest Tom.. hope you find what you need..
Emilya, There really is better information out there if you look.. but will agree no place better for a new grower or new to social media.. as long as dont allow some of the crap that gets passed around here to become your fact..
Don’t worry about that. I have all the major published books to fall back on. Ed Rosenthals’ included. Hell. I even have The emporor wears no clothes, but we should have all read that one by now.

Just a little more about me. I am an old stoner from back in the 1970s-1980s. I put my recreational use aside back in 1982 to pursue a career in FD/EMS and Forestry. Plus I had gotten a little out of control with other more dangerous drugs and booze. At 20 years old, I realized that I was self destructing. I started using “drugs” when I was 14 years old after being abused. Anyway. That’s a long story and I’m not trying to play victim. I’m a survivor. I totally quit cannabis and everything else except for my nicotine fix and an occasional beer or mixed drink. I spent the next 28 years in the FD/EMS/EMA service and also in the lumber industry. I was awarded my first design patent in 1995 for a safety device and in 1998 became an EMA reservist agent in two neighboring counties in Tennessee and a firefighter. I came to Texas around 9/14/2001 to take a very good job for a suburb of Dallas school district and joined a local VFD. I took my current job in the fall of 2005. I’ve been here ever since. I retired from the Fire service in 2010 due to medical reasons. In 2015 I was diagnosed with Renal Cell Carcinoma and lost one of my kidneys. I have had medical issues ever since. And cannabis has replaced 7 of my prescription drugs that were dragging me to hell.
Anyway. So much for my whiny story.
3F58C417-C0F5-41E0-8291-F061E59FB006.jpeg

Just a little more about me. I am an old stoner from back in the 1970s-1980s. I put my recreational use aside back in 1982 to pursue a career in FD/EMS and Forestry. Plus I had gotten a little out of control with other more dangerous drugs and booze. At 20 years old, I realized that I was self destructing. I started using “drugs” when I was 14 years old after being abused. Anyway. That’s a long story and I’m not trying to play victim. I’m a survivor. I totally quit cannabis and everything else except for my nicotine fix and an occasional beer or mixed drink. I spent the next 28 years in the FD/EMS/EMA service and also in the lumber industry. I was awarded my first design patent in 1995 for a safety device and in 1998 became an EMA reservist agent in two neighboring counties in Tennessee and a firefighter. I came to Texas around 9/14/2001 to take a very good job for a suburb of Dallas school district and joined a local VFD. I took my current job in the fall of 2005. I’ve been here ever since. I retired from the Fire service in 2010 due to medical reasons. In 2015 I was diagnosed with Renal Cell Carcinoma and lost one of my kidneys. I have had medical issues ever since. And cannabis has replaced 7 of my prescription drugs that were dragging me to hell.
Anyway. So much for my whiny story.
3F58C417-C0F5-41E0-8291-F061E59FB006.jpeg
Haha Tom, no wine, everybody's got little things like these going on. ;)

Pretty sure a few of you folk remember me from the old forum that apparently has now become abducted by aliens or something. Damn poor timing as I’m right in the middle of a sweet grow and about 4 weeks into flower. So I’ve lost all that plus my other grow logs that were posted there. Fortunately I take regular notes so it’s not a total loss. Anyway. I am a cancer survivor. I lost a kidney to Renal Cell Carcinoma back in 2015 and I’m fighting a tumor on my remaining kidney. Plus I have a few other medical issues. I also suffer a bit of anxiety and PTSD. I started using cannabis oil back in 2016. Since then I have done a ton of research and realized that cannabis has the ability to help me dump at least 7 pharma drugs off my list of chemical crap I’ve been poisoning myself with for the last few years. Anyway. I look forward to chatting a bit with ya. Just be aware that I am old, grumpy, hungry and I have a cheeky sense of humor. But I love everyone. Em in MO probably knows my grows history better than anyone here, as she’s helped me tremendously. And she’s the one who gave me the heads up about this site. So Kudos to her. Anyway, I’ve got an Eleven Roses and a Critical Kush in the tent right now that are 4-5 weeks into Flower and coming along nicely. I’ll post pics on a different thread later. So High everyone! EMGS!
Welcome to :420: Mate

Back
Top Bottom