What’s your end goal?

Same here, the product i was getting illegally sucked and I got sick of paying top dollar for garbage. So i planted some out doors and i fell back in love with working with plants. Now i have been growing indoors for about a year and its therapeutic to me. When i get home from work i go to the garden and check on them and do a little LST or defoliation. Mine is strictly personal use but i like to share with friends to see what they think.

I grow because it fascinates me always has, it is an awesome hobby with so much to learn. I also enjoy , and find it rewarding to be as self sufficient as I can. Wether harvisting my own medicine or my own food from nature. We have become very reliant on others to fulfill our own needs at increasing costs we can’t control and quality we sometimes simply have to accept.

It's always fun to learn new things and there is an infinite amount of info on here that you can nerd out reading and learning and trying so many different options to always keep it new. I started so I could make my own of exactly what I like and get to enjoy some cost savings over time as well combined with higher quality.

I like dabs over flower generally as well so I got a nice dabpress rosin press to go with the growing and love the fact I can just press my own without any solvents and know exactly what I'm getting. Having the trim and everything for edibles and such is a big bonus too. I wanted to experiment with those more since I avoid sugar/carbs and every edible you buy is chock full of crap, but buying flower from a dispensary to learn making your own gets stupidly expensive really fast.

It's pretty fun and satisfying seeing them grow and change and adapt as changes get made. It's so much more interesting than the boring fruit trees I have growing outside!

I mostly grow for the shear joy of doing it. Price, quality, and quantity are major factors also. I hate mediocre weed. Because of genetics what I grow is usually better than what I can buy.

I would still always grow my own even if I had a supply. Something about finding what is hidden in that seed will always keep me coming back. I can even grow the same strain all the time. It is not like I could have 4 great mothers and be happy. I would always need something new and unknown.

First it was because my house had an ideal stealth space and it was a great opportunity to save some money. After 4 years I figure we are about 5 grand in pocket and counting. Second I love to garden, so I just love having a room full of healthy plants, especially in the winter. Eventually we really started to dial-in the strains that we like. That's a great process of discovery. Finally, now I'm getting into breeding, preserving my own bank of landrace seeds and experimenting with hybrids. The whole thing is just way too interesting and fun!

First it was because my house had an ideal stealth space and it was a great opportunity to save some money. After 4 years I figure we are about 5 grand in pocket and counting. Second I love to garden, so I just love having a room full of healthy plants, especially in the winter. Eventually we really started to dial-in the strains that we like. That's a great process of discovery. Finally, now I'm getting into breeding, preserving my own bank of landrace seeds and experimenting with hybrids. The whole thing is just way too interesting and fun!
I agree, way more fun than ever possible to anticipate. I knew I would enjoy the harvest, did not think I would enjoy the entire process as much as I do. Mine is in the bedroom, so I get early morning and late night visits with my girls, or children as my boss calls em

I mostly grow for the shear joy of doing it. Price, quality, and quantity are major factors also. I hate mediocre weed. Because of genetics what I grow is usually better than what I can buy
I would still always grow my own even if I had a supply. Something about finding what is hidden in that seed will always keep me coming back. I can even grow the same strain all the time. It is not like I could have 4 great mothers and be happy. I would always need something new and unknown.
Everything this guy just said!
Im gonna be taking mothers but i wont keep em around too long ill end up self pollenating the clones and keep back up seeds :p

For me it’s the cost savings and the joy of growing the plant, from sprout to trimming to smoking it, it’s all therapeutic. The local supply in my area isn’t the greatest and is usually not cured to standards or is too dried out causing it to be harsh. Not to mention the supply isn’t deep enough for the community the way everyone in Maine smokes. I prefer knowing what goes into my medicine, watching it grow, and tending to it, that just makes the joy of smoking it, that much greater! Soo my end goal is, a cheap quality medicine free of harmful chemicals or bugs

A very simple question, why do you grow? It’s obvious that not every stoner grows their own weed. So what’s your mindset vs the other people who don’t grow?
My answer is not as simple as the question, especially since I live in a state that is just now going legal. Yes, I enjoy the quality of the pot that I can grow. Yes, I enjoy having unlimited availability.
I justified my decision to do this in the past by citing the medical good that I am doing with my activities; directly affecting family members in a positive way... but is that my entire motivation?
I am and always have been an activist. I have challenged the glass ceiling in my profession and am a rarity in the business world. I have always campaigned for women's rights, pro-life conservative views and also the legalization of marijuana. I am a firm believer that if rational people do not challenge an unjust law, changes will never be made. The first step in repealing a prohibition is when the public rejects that prohibition. This, in the final analysis is why I take the risk that I do.
Someone must be brave.
Someone must be the opposition.
Someone must make sure to pass on the knowledge and not let the protest die.

I, and all of those like me, are the hope for the future, when we will no longer be prohibited from growing a plant that was put here to provide for us. This is why I grow. This defiant action proves that I am still free and still alive and that try as they might, the world and its silly rules, no matter how oppressive, can't keep me from being me.

For me I think the end goal is constantly changing. When I started I just wanted to grow a bit of good weed, perhaps something a bit different than I could buy on the street. Then as time went on and I realized that i just really enjoyed having my little garden and looking after my plants, my end goal became to ensure I could grow some decent plants through to harvest with a minimum of problems
Now I like to grow all different strains, to experience all the subtle differences they have and look for the “wow” strains.
Next I would like to focus a bit on the medical side of the plant. I think that for me my end goal changes constantly as my experience and knowledge expands.
This forum and its inhabitants have been invaluable to me.

I was a very active user in “The70’s”, im looking forward to the legalization this year. I enjoi technical hobbies as i’ve been a Hometheater installer on the side for nearly thirty years. This hobby of indoor growing has consumed my recent readings completely. Believe it or not, trouble shooting is a favorite pastime, this hobby will give me “yields”, and as long as my keen sense can unlock answers. Forums like this are goldmines of resources, usually the first place i look for answers to almost every problem i’ve come across.

Looking forward to my first grow this summer !!!!

A very simple question, why do you grow? It’s obvious that not every stoner grows their own weed. So what’s your mindset vs the other people who don’t grow?
For me it was the privacy :nomo: ...plain and simple...my wife and I are loners anyway :high-five:...less people that know I grow/smoke the better :morenutes:

I recently found another reason I grow. It took me a while to get to this point. I like to be able to get as high as I want to be. Boring weed sucks! I hate to be just stoned. I needed to find the right strains that worked for me.
When you find some strains that give you the effects you want. You can mix and match them to take you to wherever you want to go.
Any effect I want is just a jar away. That is a nice feeling.

I started vaping almost a year ago to help myself out at night with my insomnia and wrist pain I had been dealing with for 2 years. Plus Canada was legalizing it a few months and thought, why not try. My friend and his brother would head to their garage/backyard to toke for years and I was one of them “I don’t know. Marijuana will just make me hungry and loopy” Have been on light duties working for 3 years now, and worked with someone else who happens to be a huge pothead. Thanks to him I learned things and help me get my first taste of it (AK-47 first I tried) Since they had a shitload of illegal shops near my sister’s place, I would venture in and try a new strain or 5. My whole family uses now for insomnia and pain relief. That injury I have been dealing with finally was seen too in Mid January via surgery, and they had me on Percocet for pain relief. They didn’t do much but make me constipated and so I stopped using them after 4 days and just used my home grown stuff instead. Here I am now on my 2nd grow and 2nd day into flowering. I still use it for my 2 main goals, but find myself using it socially as well. Great for watching movies with friends and family, as it just adds a nice mellowing feel and enhances the colours. (Depending on strain, mostly Cinderella 99, it’s just mesmerizing watching a 3D film on my 106” bedroom projector setup in a 5.2.4 Dolby Atmos setup) Someone on another board asked me why I grow and he asked if it was for the feeling it gives me or as a hobby. Turns out now, it’s a bit of both. I love going into the basement everyday and seeing the changes take place, whether good or bad. Plus I like opening other people up to the benefits it might bring them, even if they are still hesitant on the effects. It’s a long road, but I’m willing to walk it for them

Back
Top Bottom