What is your Facepalm moment?

Mine came just a couple days ago as I stood over my ladies as they finished their third week of flower. I was glad the stretch was over an it was time to get down to business. I was happy until I noticed only 1 of 2 switches on my lights were flipped to on. I realized I had only been growing with the "veg" spectrum and not the "flower" spectrum. Ugh, stupid LED lights, lol! I switched the flower spectrum on along with the veg so they are now at full power and the ladies much happier. Not sure what the overall effect on the outcome will be, I can only imagine the plants will be slightly smaller than they would have been but who knows. I still cannot believe I forgot to switch them on for three whole weeks of flower. *facepalm*

I'd guess the difference will be negligible. Typically everyone runs full throttle both switches on the LED's with veg and bloom option during bloom, from the various light specs I've read usually most of the power is in the veg side anyway. Color yes, but your lights on/off period is really what's doing the work here.

Mine was when i had up pot into 5 gallon bags for flower. a few days later i'm looking in the tent and see a nasty leaf i'd like to remove. I grabbed the leaf and yanked a bit too hard i think. I had a small branch in my grip as well and didn't realize it. The entire plant comes out of the pot with a 1/4 of the coco in it lol.
what a mess.

I'd guess the difference will be negligible. Typically everyone runs full throttle both switches on the LED's with veg and bloom option during bloom, from the various light specs I've read usually most of the power is in the veg side anyway. Color yes, but your lights on/off period is really what's doing the work here.

You didn't share your face palm moment. or are you the perfect grower? lol

I have a face palm daily. Lol

This! If I had to think of one that sticks out hmm nothing does, just run of the mill forgetfulness and stupidity here!

I did just recently get some clones back that I gave to a friend that were taller than I wanted so I tried supercropping 18 inches down the main stem! **Facepalm**

Thing is it worked on one of the 3!

Attachments

• IMG_20190727_093711243_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190727_093711243_HDR.jpg
    528 KB · Views: 123
I did just recently get some clones back that I gave to a friend that were taller than I wanted so I tried supercropping 18 inches down the main stem! **Facepalm**

Thing is it worked on one of the 3!

was gonna say, looks good to me lol. iv'e had some monsters get out of control on me, especially my first grow. must have taped about 12 stems learning to have the touch

Mine came early this year and might be the winner if this were a contest. I was 12 weeks into my grow and was looking great, and I also thought I was 2 weeks into flowering but nothing was happening. Now I’m also dealing with pain from my recent wrist surgery, constantly pretty high and so I went to the internet for help. I didn’t come here (being my first mistake) and that was my big mistake and did something stupid to “correct” my problem. Well my correction turned into a face palm that kept going into face and out the other side. I killed 6 of my 7 plants and they were looking amazing in my first mainline attempt. So what was my REAL PROBLEM. Well from being on weed to deal with my pain, I also went through a dying power bar situation. I bought a new one and plugged everyone back but I never plugged the lights into my timer. So even when I placed my timer on 12/12 I never noticed that my lights weren’t plugged in with it. So here is what I went from and what my “correction” did just 2 days later.

E662F637-4247-4045-A1EB-FC55658F3A0F.jpeg
E5A7836B-772D-494C-9613-250E64742054.jpeg5466AB1D-A0B9-44A7-BC9A-EBCD4A8FF82C.jpeg073CAF33-6754-454A-9A96-F7D5D0DA4B18.jpegF96FBD35-C792-4002-A76D-E18A7870B98C.jpeg3E173424-6844-45F4-9651-68D88051992D.jpeg8F3D19F4-B771-4C3E-84D5-CE0BBD5B7C43.jpeg

Try and top that :lot-o-toke:

Mine came early this year and might be the winner if this were a contest. I was 12 weeks into my grow and was looking great, and I also thought I was 2 weeks into flowering but nothing was happening. Now I’m also dealing with pain from my recent wrist surgery, constantly pretty high and so I went to the internet for help. I didn’t come here (being my first mistake) and that was my big mistake and did something stupid to “correct” my problem. Well my correction turned into a face palm that kept going into face and out the other side. I killed 6 of my 7 plants and they were looking amazing in my first mainline attempt. So what was my REAL PROBLEM. Well from being on weed to deal with my pain, I also went through a dying power bar situation. I bought a new one and plugged everyone back but I never plugged the lights into my timer. So even when I placed my timer on 12/12 I never noticed that my lights weren’t plugged in with it. So here is what I went from and what my “correction” did just 2 days later.

E662F637-4247-4045-A1EB-FC55658F3A0F.jpeg
E5A7836B-772D-494C-9613-250E64742054.jpeg5466AB1D-A0B9-44A7-BC9A-EBCD4A8FF82C.jpeg073CAF33-6754-454A-9A96-F7D5D0DA4B18.jpegF96FBD35-C792-4002-A76D-E18A7870B98C.jpeg3E173424-6844-45F4-9651-68D88051992D.jpeg8F3D19F4-B771-4C3E-84D5-CE0BBD5B7C43.jpeg

Try and top that :lot-o-toke:

You probably won lol. sorry about the plants man, it's actually pretty heartbreaking. it's a lot of work down the tubes.

Yeah and regrew them all from seed (minus Black Sugar which somehow survived my purge) and chopped them 3 weeks ago. The only good side I see is that it made me greedy. I was going to do 7 plants again but upped it to 8. If I didn’t do that I don’t know if I would of discovered how amazing my freebie seed of Critical Orange Punch from Dutch Passion was. Just ordered 7 more but in auto form for my next grow

I just harvested my second grow three weeks ago, 4 plant scrog 3' x 3' tent, Fem seeds 2 - 91 skunk D and 2 - Gorilla wreck #4. I added a second light second week into flower, cause more is better... Right? Well all went well so I thought... as I was hanging plants to dry over my desk I here a plink... I look down and I see a fucking seed! Face to palm moment...

So my plants or one of my plants hermied, I believe it was light stress, lights to low and to intense, Fucking quantum boards, (probably the first time anyone said that).

I have seeds in buds of both strains, i've felt the buds up pretty well since then and I probably have several hundred seeds... Although I did end up with just over 21 ounces of organic dry bud, has some seeds but is good smooth stoney smoke.
And hopefully the seeds will produce more fem plants that will give more flowers (that will not Hermie)!

I sprayed my new seedlings with what I thought was distilled water. It took me a little bit to figure out what was going on as my seedlings started to die. I actually figured it out when I smelled something musty. I opened the sprayer and my heart sank. In the end I was able to save two out of four of them but giving a H202 drench and putting them in soil.
They went from this..

To this...

And then tonight my brilliant self did this. SMH.

Growing can be such a roller coaster ride.

LOL! You guys are great! I have really enjoyed reading your stories, thank you al for sharing! Poor EhCndGrower, forgot to plug the lights in to the timer. That's a rough one. When I read "Well my correction turned into a face palm that kept going into face and out the other side" I lost it lol. You're right VG, it can be quite a ride. At least we can all look back and laugh at our mistakes. Happens to everyone. Thanks again for sharing everyone!

Mine came from forgetting to quarantine a clone. I got a bad case of Powdery Mildew from Oregon that way. Took me over a year to totally get rid of it. I think 3 crops were effected in one way or another. The First was the worst. No pictures but I killed half of my plants on the first round of the P.M. cure. After that I had to deal with it like a bad girlfriend for the next year. Trying to get it out of my life while it just kept hanging on LMAO.

I still treat for it in veg just to be sure.

I had some girls growing in a tent. I had to leave for vacation for one week. I had someone taking care of them. When I got home my entire house was reeking of skunk. I was about 6 weeks into flowering and could not get the smell under control. I ended up harvesting early because of the smell and when I went to clean the tent for my next grow I realized I had my filter in backwards and instead of exhausting the smell, i was just bringing in air. I felt like an idiot.

Alright, EhCdngrower certainly has me beat.. brutal story :(

But mine is leaving the mesh on peat pellets!! About 2 weeks into veg they went for a total crap and couldn't figure out why... Turns out the mesh was preventing root growth big time, even tho the instructions make it sound like you keep the mesh on! Errg

Screenshot_2019-08-09-17-31-15.png

Back
Top Bottom