What's In Jim's Grow Room?

In case anyone is interested I committed some of the Fx 2 harvest to a cob cure. One of these days I may water cure some but this looked like a bit of fun and the product is supposed to be smooth as silk for smoke and super potent as an ingestible.

The herb was barely dry but easy to work with. Total weight was 44.2 grams. The little hand held vacuum sealer worked really well. The sealed bag is now on top of the seedling mat with the temperature probe between it and the bag. I set it at 104 F and watched it achieve that temp. Now we wait until tomorrow to see what happens.

Sweat babies, sweat

For those interested, the whole process is Here

In case anyone is interested I committed some of the Fx 2 harvest to a cob cure. One of these days I may water cure some but this looked like a bit of fun and the product is supposed to be smooth as silk for smoke and super potent as an ingestible.

The herb was barely dry but easy to work with. Total weight was 44.2 grams. The little hand held vacuum sealer worked really well. The sealed bag is now on top of the seedling mat with the temperature probe between it and the bag. I set it at 104 F and watched it achieve that temp. Now we wait until tomorrow to see what happens.

Sweat babies, sweat

For those interested, the whole process is Here
im going to do one of those when i get the rite weed i might make one from the spk!

you should be able to see some fat calyxes maybe unless when you pollinated early and the bud has covered them up if thats the case then there not going anywhere there probably inside!

Ya, it was early and the bud has gotten much bigger. Father time will tell now.

Next up for me if my shoulder is up to it is frozen dry shake. I have several grams of kief but I need more. I'm going to press some more hash and this time let it cure. :confused:

The dry ice hash is not very good according to @Rider509 and @Scrogdawg

I had to stop by and do a little joyful dance Jim. :yahoo: :slide: :yahoo:

A couple harvests, some potential seeds, a grouping of cobs..... Ooooo.... so much going on in your magical spaces. You’re almost as busy as me, and you have critters to keep alive too. Lol!

I think I’m most excited about the cobs. Lol! Did you get them off the mat?

The dry ice hash is not very good according to @Rider509 and @Scrogdawg
Don't get me wrong, the 73 micron screen stuff (butter yellow) is a very good smoke with full terpene flavor. It's just not full melt or a good starting point for making hashish.

@MagicJim with 3 cobs you could pull 1 out each day and have 3 different ferments on the first go round.
Or maybe 24, 36, 48 hours
Excellent ideas I guess. I'll just wing it here for a while.
I had to stop by and do a little joyful dance Jim. :yahoo::slide::yahoo:

A couple harvests, some potential seeds, a grouping of cobs..... Ooooo.... so much going on in your magical spaces. You’re almost as busy as me, and you have critters to keep alive too. Lol!

I think I’m most excited about the cobs. Lol! Did you get them off the mat?
Girl you always make my day. We should talk. I'll put it on my list.
No I did not get them off the mat. I wanted contact at the 104 F level. I just didn't see any benefit to raising them slightly which would be just levitating at some temperature that the probe wouldn't be able to accurately read and provide the feedback to the thermostat. My controls are set up a little different than yours although I think you're now using the dehydrator. Anyway...joy

Don't get me wrong, the 73 micron screen stuff (butter yellow) is a very good smoke with full terpene flavor. It's just not full melt or a good starting point for making hashish.
Welcome Rider509

My sifting is done with a 100 mesh screen which is 149 microns as I understand one of these tables. I tried using 200 mesh which is 74 microns. That was just too much work for me at the time.

I have bubble bags but no machine so if I go that route it's a bit of work also. I need a buddy to keep pouring that ice in as someone handles the agitation. More work.

More to learn too I see.
bwahahaha! This right here is why I'll never be Member of the Month! But if you Google Frenchy Cannoli you'll be off to a good start. :)
No Member of the Month title here either.
Hey, sorry if this is a repeat question or youve already answered it in a previous post, but what is the benefit/ method/ appeal of the cob cure and or the water cure? Journal is sweet though, plants looking great. Will be taging along for this one!
Welcome and thanks for the comments.
The benefit of a cob cure is the thrill of adventure. I've never done it before. Plus...I like the effect of edibles or ingestibles.

I hardly had my first harvest and I decided to make concentrated cannabis oil (CCO) and almost burned it. To dilute it slightly I used grape seed oil and after a bit put my finger in there and used it bilingually. I flew for several hours. This was easily repeatable dosing only with the finger tip as my measurement. A friend later gave me a VB Eleven pen so I could vape the oily mess I made. Powerful stuff right there.

I moved on to brownies and to infused olive oil. Started dry sifting and later pressed all that in a press I bought. Bought an oil rig, titanium whatever and did some dabs for a while. It's all an adventure and cob curing is just the next step that was started. It's just another stoner step. Rest assured later today I'll fill my bowl and just smoke....back in whatever comfort zone that is.

...the thrill of adventure. I've never done it before.
A man after my own heart. I love growing and experimenting with different ways of reducing the plant to its essence. I've tried EtOH extractions, a tiny BHO extraction, and both water/ice and dry ice bubble bag extractions. I was going to do a couple of cobs but ...squirrel!... I never got around to it. Good luck with yours!

Back
Top Bottom