What's In Jim's Grow Room?

Hey there MJ - wow nice looking FX going there in flower. They look really really good @38 days. 10 days or so and we're going to be drooling again. Those big spears, that's about perfect for indoors.

They are starting to fade??

Labyrinth is OK? I vape it all the time... similar to Chemdawg to me... Chem gets my hairs raised a bit more and more laughy giggles... but Lab gets me there too maybe a little less giggle and a little more stony. Give it a little cure and the taste will come around and smooth out. I don't smoke, just vape so it's been a while since I smoked a bowl or 3.

I don't go out and about after puff unless walking with my wife, and of course stealth with hat and shades so no-one can see me. :cool:

Congrats on the harvests ... always nice to see buds on the line! Great job .... :Namaste:

G/L on the 50th, a few months ago we had our 40th reunion. At our 5th... my dream girl in HS grabbed me and started dancing with lights down... boom.. happy time, she started kissing me and I mean deep tongue groovy kissing. Made my life I think.. she was at the 40th.... steered clear she is still a knock out. My one and only is my one and only... love is the only way. My wife, she's hotter than a Russian Dranike.
High Bob...I'm happy that although I wear prescription glasses, I can see well enough to wear my shades. I just bought me a new pair. About the Russian Draniki. Mom was Czechoslovakian and we had her version of potato pancakes often when I was a kid. I bet yours or your wife's are melt in your mouth fit for a king. Be sure to thank her once again for the comfrey ointment. Thank God the shoulder is on the mend.

I used my morning wake n bake to test Fx 2. She is excellent. Somewhat harsh as I expected but goes directly to "real good" category. More testing necessary but I could get used to this one. I was in a trance for a bit but now she's mellowed a bit with some of that sativa energy. Yep...let her cure and I bet I'll be digging into this jar often.

The remaining Fx girls ((Fast n Vast x Master Kush) x Panama)) are staying green for the most part. I'm starting to feel good about this organic gardening. Next up for them is a little barley malt tea then a straight water finish. Maybe my timing on the enzyme boost will be good. The buds appear to be a bit fluffy now but expect them to fill as their earlier sisters did. No need to squeeze them yet.

Have a great day folks. I may pack me one more bowl. :bongrip:

Fx Team

Fx 4

Fx 3

Fx 5

I may have missed something, did you change your growing method since you were growing out the panamas? I was thinking you used bottled organics. I'd love to learn fully organic soil building and teas at some point.

Excellent stacking from the Panama in it's genetics I bet. The girls are looking gorgeous Jim.

Yeah this one looks really healthy, she really took to your soil and setup.

you grow some gorgeous plants jim they look good bud nice work and it sounds like its some good stuff to nice!:goodjob:
Thanks sticky....I'm afraid to show you the mess in the veg tent. I've got to cull clones.
I may have missed something, did you change your growing method since you were growing out the panamas? I was thinking you used bottled organics. I'd love to learn fully organic soil building and teas at some point.

Excellent stacking from the Panama in it's genetics I bet. The girls are looking gorgeous Jim.
Well...last year I've decided to grow these things organically. I also went down in pot size to 2 gallons for a couple different reasons at that time. I've been using Fox Farms soil trio for 3 years now. 2 of those bottles are not organic so I don't use Grow Big or Tiger Bloom and I compensate as best I can. I'm using the same soil since I started and amend with KIS Organics Nutrient Pack which is full of goodies.

I need to brew a compost tea from my own composter and I'm sold on Barley malt tea. I use it when the go into flower and once again about 2 weeks out. Bud production may not be evident to the casual watcher but I swear I can tell that the hold themselves differently a couple days after the drench.

And finally....most of the time I just wing it. This grow has been so much fun. I got to grow the Ultra Dawg and that's something I'd never imagined when I arrived here on 420 mag. I didn't get but one female out of 3 beans but I got to spread the UD genes through a bunch of strains. I can only hope my male was a good one. He sure was stinky so I always think stinky is good.
Yeah this one looks really healthy, she really took to your soil and setup.

These are really doing nicely. Based on my experience with the phenotype that I tested today (Fx 2) I claim a win. Thanks so much for your help along the way here. I'm looking forward to watching your grow this spring.

Yeah that FX looks pretty good... can't wait to see those flowers fatten up. Don't worry they will for sure.

Airy is good for now.. lets some light in there so there's energy to burn when the flowers need it.

There's a lot of colas, you should do well with this round.

G/L with the FX's

I've
Thanks sticky....I'm afraid to show you the mess in the veg tent. I've got to cull clones.

Well...last year I've decided to grow these things organically. I also went down in pot size to 2 gallons for a couple different reasons at that time. I've been using Fox Farms soil trio for 3 years now. 2 of those bottles are not organic so I don't use Grow Big or Tiger Bloom and I compensate as best I can. I'm using the same soil since I started and amend with KIS Organics Nutrient Pack which is full of goodies.

I need to brew a compost tea from my own composter and I'm sold on Barley malt tea. I use it when the go into flower and once again about 2 weeks out. Bud production may not be evident to the casual watcher but I swear I can tell that the hold themselves differently a couple days after the drench.

And finally....most of the time I just wing it. This grow has been so much fun. I got to grow the Ultra Dawg and that's something I'd never imagined when I arrived here on 420 mag. I didn't get but one female out of 3 beans but I got to spread the UD genes through a bunch of strains. I can only hope my male was a good one. He sure was stinky so I always think stinky is good.

These are really doing nicely. Based on my experience with the phenotype that I tested today (Fx 2) I claim a win. Thanks so much for your help along the way here. I'm looking forward to watching your grow this spring.
I've gotten two males so far from UD and made several crosses. I'm running test grows on my first ones outside this summer. I'm hoping for some magic out of these beans. I just hope I can get a female out of the few F2s I have left. I've been hearing the taste is pretty cool. And the buzz mixed with Malawi should be pretty potent.

I've

I've gotten two males so far from UD and made several crosses. I'm running test grows on my first ones outside this summer. I'm hoping for some magic out of these beans. I just hope I can get a female out of the few F2s I have left. I've been hearing the taste is pretty cool. And the buzz mixed with Malawi should be pretty potent.

I'll remember that when I choose beans to plant. That one looked particularly intriguing.

@MagicJim, don't you just love the spikey ones? Lol! They look fantastic! :high-five: You know, some of the best stuff our members are smoking came from their own genetic playing around. The UD I grew was sought after until it was gone. I have hopeful requests that it make its way back into the lineup.

So many chemovars to choose from. So little available space in flower. Lol! The humor is that I'll have up to 11 spaces for flowering, and still I look for ways to expand. :rofl:

I'm glad you're using the comfrey cream. That stuff is worth its weight in gold. It heals at the cellular level and strengthens everything it touches.

Any chance you're thinking of planting one in your yard? They have a million uses, most particularly as a garden additive for organic growing.

Thanks to all of you for stopping by and leaving comments. I really don't put forth a great deal of effort here. I have some environmental control except during really hot days. Mostly I just try to keep up with watering schedules and let the plant do its job.

Shifting gears. I've had this grinder for a couple of years and it had gotten so gummy that it was barely usable. I used a small bowl, some iso alcohol and a tooth brush. Cleaned it right up.

So now you know. :Namaste:

\

I'm glad you're using the comfrey cream. That stuff is worth its weight in gold. It heals at the cellular level and strengthens everything it touches.

Any chance you're thinking of planting one in your yard? They have a million uses, most particularly as a garden additive for organic growing.

I have 8 plants... harvest them down to the crown about 6 times a season - you could get 7-8 cuts down your way ... maybe not even die back in the winter. We use the cuttings (there's a lot too) and add them to our compost bins. It takes about a week and they are totally composted. Its amazing.

You can also cut off leaves and cut then down (or just lay the leaves on the soil) and just lay them on top of you soil as a mulch and those leaves will absorb into the soil and all the nutrients available in 3-5 days. Even more amazing.

Grinder looks fresh... did you let the alcohol evaporate??? asking for a friend.

Grinder looks fresh... did you let the alcohol evaporate??? asking for a friend.

I was wondering that too Jim. :battingeyelashes: I have one I’ve used for a year with the daughter’s Candy Canes. I can’t use it anymore. I’ve been planning to do this for quite some time. Thanks for the reminder. :kisstwo:

I was wondering that too Jim. :battingeyelashes:
Actually no. I did some fine scraping with a pen knife. Rinsed a bit then I used an old wash cloth and a Q-tip to get little bits out and I guess this polished the metal a bit. Untested but I bet it works like new for a while. :bongrip:

Actually no. I did some fine scraping with a pen knife. Rinsed a bit then I used an old wash cloth and a Q-tip to get little bits out and I guess this polished the metal a bit. Untested but I bet it works like new for a while. :bongrip:

Should have just put a candle under it with it under a glass......4-5 tips, and blow the candle out...;)

Should have just put a candle under it with it under a glass......4-5 tips, and blow the candle out...;)

Now there's a novel idea Bonsaiweed. Lol!

Now there's a novel idea Bonsaiweed. Lol!
It wouldn't have worked. I didn't consider the candle would have consumed the oxygen and went out.....

But it did sound cool...... ;)

The 3 remaining girls are doing well although there has been some heat to deal with. Fx 4 (tallest) suffered the greatest with some taco and curled tip leaves and hashtips. I groomed them well before the photographs. :rofl: I finally got around to raising the lights a bit last week and outdoor temps came down some overall. Hot days are coming though.

There are some early withering pistils but they appear to continue to push a new one here and there. They got their beneficial barley malt tea this morning as they go into the final two weeks or so of bulking up. All aromas are very light at this stage.

It's a pretty day here. I need to get out there and enjoy it. Cheers. :bongrip:

Back
Top Bottom