White Widow Fem, Inside 2 Cubic Feet, Soil Under LED

If you get a branch like that again and it's pretty bad just cut the branch part in a V and the plant part as a notch fit them together and tape it. Grafting works when the branch scabs over like that.
Cheers Shaman, I was also wondering whether it would work the same as on trees. But figured I'd have to be a surgeon to be able to perform such operation on my tiny plant :)

As long as the 2 surfaces lineup straight away so the same layers touch without a scab it will work. I use that method when branches get top heavy and break.

As long as the 2 surfaces lineup straight away so the same layers touch without a scab it will work. I use that method when branches get top heavy and break.
Thanks mate, good to know it works. However, I hope I would never need to use this knowledge.. :)

I hear ya It's better to know there is a solution rather than freak out over a series of unfortunate events!

Slightly premature update of the end of week 2. Real end would be sunday.

Anyone notice a funny mutation?
Lol the blades on the northern leaf have melded together. I had that on my mama mia. Pretty sure shes got a couple polyploid branches (multiple shoots and fan leaves from each node rather than just 2). One of the stems has grown a bit flat like a tape worm aswell lol think this could be because of the screen though.

Looks like a pretty stout plant. I'd flip it and keep training it.
I too would flip and keep training.
Thanks for your input, lads. I don't want to do it too early, like in my last grow, were a lot of grow box space was left unused. And I also don't want to grow too big for obvious reasons :) and that is my big dilema today :) Looked at my orevious griw stretch and I think I shall give her a bit more time to veg. But no more than a week.

FLIP DAY!!!! Finally :)
Since she reached my desired bottom of the fan, I will cut the lights earlier today and consider this as day 1 in 12/12.
So it took her 50 days to veg. Tested my patience that :)
Need an expert opinion here - how do you all think when is it best to defoliate her for optimal results, now or after the stretch is over? Or little by little all the time?

FLIP DAY!!!! Finally :)
Since she reached my desired bottom of the fan, I will cut the lights earlier today and consider this as day 1 in 12/12.
So it took her 50 days to veg. Tested my patience that :)
Need an expert opinion here - how do you all think when is it best to defoliate her for optimal results, now or after the stretch is over? Or little by little all the time?

I defoliated before flip and after stretch. For me it's getting light in the canopy. Usually 3 days to recover from a good haircut. I give them compost tea and molasses on haircut day and the day after.

I defoliated before flip and after stretch. For me it's getting light in the canopy. Usually 3 days to recover from a good haircut. I give them compost tea and molasses on haircut day and the day after.

Can't be bothered with compost teas, but I sure will look for molasses on my way home tomorrow :thumb:

Ooh it’s looking perfect K! :slide::yahoo: Just perfect.

Ya - I would prune a little now if there are any budsites being blocked. Most growers I follow prune and/ or top right on flip.

:thumb:

So exciting - flip day :cheer:

Thanks for the kind words, Amy :)
Yeah, guess I'll do that, and also when stretch is coming to an end. Last grow I was doing it in quite chaotic fashion, figured maybe that was what stopped her from growing bigger.

Can't be bothered with compost teas, but I sure will look for molasses on my way home tomorrow :thumb:

Thanks for the kind words, Amy :)
Yeah, guess I'll do that, and also when stretch is coming to an end. Last grow I was doing it in quite chaotic fashion, figured maybe that was what stopped her from growing bigger.

Look for unsulfered molasses. I forgot to mention that.

Back
Top Bottom