Xenon's First Grow! - Autos - Blue Dream - AK & LSD25

Again, thank you both!

and beast, it's just so surprising that just topping these auto's once can provide the results you've accomplished.
This is going to be an interesting ride, for sure.:circle-of-love:

18 inches or less , listen to you plants mate , when my plants are young i try to get the light 12 inches away , especially when ponytailing for 5 hours a day , then i raise them back to 18 , with the 1200 that you are getting 18 would be good .
just make sure you have a fan blowing across the tops of the plants .
you gunner see big growth with that light mate , big and fast Lol , god i love growing weed .
Be safe .

You gunner have them like this soon .

DSC_6204.JPG

Topping an auto changes the whole structure of the plant something always interested me there limits and how they react.ul soon see for urself.and my own findings a topped auto is far easier to train later if she is a big strong bean ofcourse;)

You gunner have them like this soon .

DSC_6204.JPG

Thanks for those words mate!
I have a tower fan on oscillate, on low right now, as it is, as well as a clip on fan in the corner blowing above the canopy.
Albeit, the fan is starting to burn one of the leaves on the LSD25.(closest leaf to it, as well as kind of 'turning' that branch a little, rather neat seeing how the plant will just keep growing according to the whatever conditions.

Grow looks great, interested to watch this one and see how it turns out. hope you dont mind me hopping in and subbing to watch. :cheer:

:thanks:
Pull up a bean bag chair, mate, and get comfy. :welcome:
This tent is going to fill out rather nice, hopefully.
Feel free to soak in as much knowledge as you can!

AK-topped.jpg

ak-side_view_topped2.jpg

ak-side_view_topped.jpg

Is this anything to be concerned about? The coloring on the leaf on my LSD25.
lsd25-leaf.jpg

lsd25-top_view_of_ponytail.jpg

LSD25.jpg

blue_dream29.jpg

Looks like heat stress, did you have lights too close?

Honestly, I figured it was; just wanted an outside opinion. It's probably from when I had temperature problems.
4 more days until my led arrives, I can't wait.

Gonna raise my lights once I'm doing ponytailing the LSD for today.

Hi Xenon , looking good , you will find it much easier when your led arrives , iv'e got a 400w led 12 inches above my seedlings and its been like that for two day with no stress .
Be safe .

Is that a 400w equivalent, or what the company displays?
I can't wait. The AK is definitely seeing heat stress(but temps on the leaves aren't getting that high anymore. Probably something to do with the topping, stressing her out.)

Hi Xenon , the light says 400w but i think it draws about 200w .
Have you got the fan on them , your life will be easier soon .
My plants have never stressed about being topped , if they are healthy before then they should be healthy after , in my opinion , you might stunt them for a day .
Be safe .

There is, however, new growth coming in on the AK already, it's fascinating. Another forum is seriously losing their shit at me topping an auto. It's unfortunate that they jump straight to bashing me, or telling me this is extremely frowned upon, as opposed to not just relying on hearsay and trying it out for themselves.:Namaste:

I love the community we have over here. Full of healthy information and loving people.
Enough of the blabbering, start with some pics!:circle-of-love:

20160222_094143_resized.jpg

20160222_094128_resized.jpg

Once The lights come back on today, I'm going to ponytail the LSD25, and once that 5 hours is up, I might top her above the 4th set of leaves(allowing the ponytail to help light access the new growth BELOW that, so I won't be topping it at the growth that's already benefiting from the ponytailing.

I turned this pot around, the fan was starting to burn the other side a little, as well as actually turn one leaf kind of facing a different way. Might need to find another layout for the tent, possibly with my control bucket right in front of the fan, that way there's nothing to burn-leafwise-on top of that bucket.
20160222_094121_resized.jpg

I also found this super neat cabinet that I thought about turning into some sort of single-plant box. (I have some Reserva Privada Skywalker Kush photoperiod seeds that I've been DYING to find a light proof room to try my hand at them.)
As of now, it's a really nice storage area with adjustable or removable shelves; however, everything in the bottom(gro-dan blocks, hydroton, trays) is being removed and replaced with all of the nutes and additives, which would allow me to store/grow in the same box, with heavy lst/scrog)
20160221_174632_resized.jpg

It was something that went through my mind, at least. As of now, it's serving a wonderful purpose, and it's really well built; and I got it for free!
20160222_100744_resized.jpg

So, before I went to bed last night(was very tired and sore):volcano-smiley: I checked on the second Auto Blue dream seed I set in paper towels on top of my light to germ, and I had BARELY noticed the seed split, and the slightest poke of a tap root. I know I should have done it then, but being as tired as I was and with my eyes being subpar, I decided to leave it, and my gro-dan rockwool cube soaking--------

(NOTE TO SELF::::soaked in 5.5ph water overnight, instead of 30 minutes like said on the wrapper. Followed directions according to A-tulip's dwc feeding schedule.)

---------- until the morning. the tap root ended up SPRINGING to life overnight and shot out a good 1/2 inch or so. After 3-4 firm, good shakes outside(BUT NOT SQUEEZING THE ROCKWOOL CUBE, just enough to create some air pockets throughout) I dug a tiny hole inside the cube with tweezers, tap root facing up(I have a link to where this proves to be a preferable method amongst some in a specific community-to prevent the tap root from making a double hook to dig down-also what I've done with all of the others) and tore some off the sides of the block and covered in the hole, not too tightly, just enough to prevent light from getting through.
I then placed this in my tent, on the 5 gallon bucket, a black plate, with a 2L bottle over it.(15-20 minutes before lights out.)
HOPEFULLY, me ignoring the wrapper and following Atulip's advice to wait until the first node appears to feed won't be detrimental.
20160222_094151_resized.jpg

Sorry about all the blabbering, again you guys.
Wanting to make sure I get as much information into this journal so I don't question the reason behind doing something when I read this in the future.:thanks:

Hi Xenon , the light says 400w but i think it draws about 200w .
Have you got the fan on them , your life will be easier soon .
My plants have never stressed about being topped , if they are healthy before then they should be healthy after , in my opinion , you might stunt them for a day .
Be safe .

Yeah, I've got a fan blowing them, I keep forgetting that the sets of leaves I see now, are the ones that experienced the heat stress in the beginning.

I just updated my journal with how i will be topping and training my seedlings .
Be safe .

Very beautiful girls going on there.
I messed up and looked at that auto bluemazar.

Looks like I might have to arrange something for the second half of the year for a few of those.:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom