Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920

Thread: Decoding The Holy Grail: Terpene & Cannabinoid Retention - Decarb to Extraction

Member of the Month - March 2015 & September 2016 Member of the Year - 2015 & 2016 Creme de la Creme Contest Winner - December 2016 SweetSue's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Re: Decoding The Holy Grail: Terpene & Cannabinoid Retention - Decarb to Extraction

Quote Originally Posted by Kicknitup1 View Post
    Heading to the battlefield tomorrow!
    Safe travels. I agree with your previous assessment, you won't be ready to return home.
    Canyon thanked you for this post
    Canyon, CCOiler, dynamo1, Scorpio420, neikodog liked this post

SweetSue's Threads

The Basic Links for Patients and Caregivers

Supporting Your ECS Without Cannabis

SweetSue's Perpetual 2.0: The Transition to Doc Bud's HBB Kit - Current

Living in Joy: Community Thoughts On Optimism

SweetSue's Spot: Off-Topic Joy.

Cannabis Dosing - Delivery Methods and Dosing Guidelines

SweetSue's Cannabis Oil Study Hall

"If I set a goal and it doesn't excite me and terrify me at the same time, I'm doing something wrong." -Bob Proctor

"What you think, you become. What you feel, you attract. What you imagine, you create." - Buddha

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Decoding The Holy Grail: Terpene & Cannabinoid Retention - Decarb to Extraction

Return safe with some great news
    dynamo1, SweetSue, CCOiler liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

hey guys! just checking in! i havent forgotten about you! just got back in town to a tornado of life problems. still planning on doing my little experiment but it might be longer than i thought because of lifes little surprises. been looking at some realy good pressure cookers. should be able to get one that has integrated pressure releasee valves, temp and pressure guages etc!. gonna be fun once i get to it!
    neikodog, SweetSue, dynamo1, CCOiler liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

oil wont infuse with honey as infusion distribes a chemical bond and honey is not oil soluble, however, with proper mixing, you can layer the oil in with the honey to make for an even mixture. we have beef jerkey in the legal market here. they spray the distillate on the jerkey. gets hard to peoperly dose however. the doses will very because of the application process. diffucult to dose without a sprayer. but great if done right

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I8myweedie5 View Post
    oil wont infuse with honey as infusion distribes a chemical bond and honey is not oil soluble, however, with proper mixing, you can layer the oil in with the honey to make for an even mixture. we have beef jerkey in the legal market here. they spray the distillate on the jerkey. gets hard to peoperly dose however. the doses will very because of the application process. diffucult to dose without a sprayer. but great if done right
    An option is ground meat, kinda like pepperoni
    Added to a mix of soy, spices, and an infused olive oil, I'm sure it would work well and be an easier dose calculation

I may try this with my infused habenero sauce.....of ya...gimmy some HEAT baby

Still my 1st grow.. but getting BIG with too many plants

Scorpio420's 2 Tent Tango - Dark Devil Auto - WW Auto - GSC Auto & A Slew Of Others In Soil

Check out my 1st Grow in over 30yrs started 3/4/2017

Scorpio420's Purple Kush & CBD Dutch Treat 1st Time Grow Journal 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Canyon View Post
    Well,
    We have achieved good infusion with less heat and time than is required to do more than a trivial amount of decarb.

We also know that shredding or picking apart buds keeps the carrier oil clean compared to blending the material.

From TashaLit's post we know that infusion amounts in the 5% range are achievable with dried buds.

So,
    With the cleaner oil, lower heat and time, we could use the infused oil to run a second batch of buds. Without the decarb heat, there should be less degrading of the cannabinoids than taking both batches through full decarb.

Another interesting possibility would be to decarb the buds first. If the Ardent decarboxyolater performs well we could have the beginnings of a monitored decarb and low heat infusion process. A pressure cooker could have some benefits as well.

Most of this testing could be done with the tCheck.

I hesitate to start anything before Kickn gets here. I am not that sure how much material he will need.

The terpene test probably will not be available before midday Monday.

Kickn,
    I am running a decarb with some popcorn now in the Ardent. There were no instructions. I filled the canister half full placed it in the unit covered it with the plastic/rubbery thinge, put the lid on and pushed the green button. It turned red. Now I am waiting for the return of the green light. I will try them in a volcano in a few hours.

Thanks for all the support!
    Best
    I will be using a pressure cooker meathod on mine, taking bud or trim, and infusing with coconut oil first. it has always been done the other way. im curious if having the oil in a solvent already and then attempting a decard when it is alreadt infused will decarb properly or not. if it doesnt work, then i will just decarb my trim or buds in the pressure cooker dry, and then infuse with coconut oil. im hoping the wet decarb will work as it it would eliminate a step.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by I8myweedie5 View Post
    im curious if having the oil in a solvent already and then attempting a decard when it is alreadt infused will decarb properly or not.
    I have wondered that myself. I grind really fine before decarb and spread the stuff out really thin to let the CO2 off-gas with maximum ease, but that might be totally unimportant.

Be kind to your lungs. Breath herbal vapors, not smoke.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio420 View Post
    An option is ground meat, kinda like pepperoni
    Somewhere a vegan hippy chick is screaming.

I am nothing like a vegetarian, but cannabis-infused meat just sounds wrong.
    SweetSue, dynamo1, CCOiler liked this post

Be kind to your lungs. Breath herbal vapors, not smoke.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scientific View Post

In the respect of the forum

I will let this be😉😎

Oh....ya.....and

BACON!!!!!!!!
    SweetSue, dynamo1 thanked you for this post

Scorpio420's 2 Tent Tango - Dark Devil Auto - WW Auto - GSC Auto & A Slew Of Others In Soil

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio420 View Post
    In the respect of the forum

I will let this be😉😎

Oh....ya.....and

BACON!!!!!!!!

I'd love to try some of that infused meat,although not a true carnivore. i prefer nutrients with amino acids.
    Scorpio420 thanked you for this post
    Scorpio420, SweetSue, CCOiler liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dynamo1 View Post
    I'd love to try some of that infused meat,although not a true carnivore. i prefer nutrients with amino acids.
    I am the epitome of a carnivore, I mean, rabbit food has a place, mainly for us carnivores to eat
    😁
    dynamo1 thanked you for this post
    dynamo1, SweetSue, CCOiler liked this post

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

It is noon here and are still organizing some things. Kickn has been dealing with some rush unrelated business stuff for a while. Everything is fine, we are just getting started on NM time.

Lunch is next.

The lab terpene test is still not posted. If I don't have them by 2 or 3 I will give them a call. I am going to be bummed if I made the extra trip for nothing.
    308jerry liked this post

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scientific View Post

Somewhere floating around the net is some videos of a show, "Bong a Petite " There's a bunch of cannabis infused food, added terpenes and some CBD also to keep everyone a little closer to the planet Earth... Lol.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920