1st Hydro - LED Grow With Crop King White Widow From Seed

The thing I am most excited about using is the LED. I have 2 of the XML 350's 10w cree leds. I so want to have the tent and everything put together so I can get started on the placement of the lights and look at the pretty colors!

Vlad if you look at the hydro system, there was some diy that I did to make it recirculating. The original setup is just a dwc bubble system with only the hose line on the bottom. I added a water pump and tubing at the top of the system to recirculate the the resivour. So now it is top fed, bottom drain, bubbler. Also, to drain it for a res change I have an adapter that I put on one end of the top resivour tube and close the other line's valve, attach a hose and turn on the pump and the res is drained by the pump in a few minutes. Reattach the tubbing and open the valve, then use the hose to fill the system in about 15 minutes. So a res change takes ~30 minutes with no mess or spills. All it cost was a very cheap pump and a few fittings plus some tubing. about $50. and about an hour of labour. So easy. I just wanted to show you that I am not opposed to DIY, I just do not always have the time or the desire to pursue it. :)

Holy Fort Knox Batman! lol

You win the lotto BamaLR?

Jumped in with both feet there so we better make sure you get good crops. :)

I won't be able to help much for most of those nutes and supplements you have there. I use 3 things other than the base nutes for my grows. Rhino Skin, Big Bud and calmag. All but the calmag is AN stuff.

Other than a few odds and ends you seem to have everything you need to get a good grow going. :goodjob:

L8r

Holy Fort Knox Batman! lol

You win the lotto BamaLR?

Jumped in with both feet there so we better make sure you get good crops. :)

:goodjob:

L8r

:riskybusiness: LMAO OMU. That made me laugh. I did have a large input/startup budget. Believe it or not when I did my first part's list and started to source the vendors, I went over what I thought should have been enough to get started. So I had to set up my priorities for the grow and then start looking for deals. The three biggest expenses were the lights, tent, and hydro system. I was able to get everything else fairly cheap. The nutes are canna and I have not seen anyone here using them yet, but the shop I bought them from has a kindred spirit that works there and swears by the stuff for his setup. He is a semi commercial grower and I will be following his programe. Now he and his boss both pushed me to buy the boost supplement. That stuff is crazy expensive. That is why this grow is gonna be a test of it. I have 2 different res and bucket systems, so I will be growing clones of the seed plants in the second system and using the bloom in the clone system to give me a comparison to judge the supplement by. everything else will be the same with those two systems.

Nobody needs to spend or get what I got. Nobody else may have the same priorities that I have set. This is just what I went with to put me at ease for the grow. :) I actually do quite a bit of gardening outside from spring to fall and am also very anal about my lawn. My neighbors all ask me how do I keep my grass so green, what do I use, things like this. I just like gardening.

p.s. I did buy a Lotto ticket the other day $110 million. So hopefully that pans out :)

Ran my hydro system for about 4 hours. No leaks or anything. All pumps and fittings work. So here are a couple of pics of the res draining with the hose adapter on it. I did not attach a hose as the whole system was outside. It took nine minutes for the res to drain, which is fast to my mind. Only takes like 1 minute to set the system up for a res change. This will be very appreciated in the coming grow. I plan on having at least 4 up to 6 res changes during this grow, so this process will be fairly painless. To break the whole system down took like 14 minutes and weighs like 8 pounds. I am very happy with it so far.
2015-08-03_13_01_43.jpg

2015-08-03_13_01_39.jpg

I used to buy all the expensive nutes. I bought the canna stuff and shelled out for advanced stuff also. thought that they must do more, cus well, yeah. after doing a few grows I have learned the "less is more" method.

ultimately it is the yield and quality that drives us.
the low price of maxibloom is just the cherry on the top.

lucas formula cut my nute costs by a huge amount. using powders instead of liquids has also saved me lots.

it is strain and strength of pheno that will decide huge yield. what nutes you use is up to you.

Mussh, your thoughts are exactly what I have been wrestling with. I am going to get a grow or two down, and then when I feel like I have the confidence to try something else I will have baselines/experience to compare the changes with. Eventually I just had to pic something and go with it. That quite literally was my thought and decision making process.

Mussh, your thoughts are exactly what I have been wrestling with. I am going to get a grow or two down, and then when I feel like I have the confidence to try something else I will have baselines/experience to compare the changes with. Eventually I just had to pic something and go with it. That quite literally was my thought and decision making process.

birds of a feather you and I are, sir.
my first grow, dwc. second grow dwc, top feeder. I figured it looks easy from the pictures....hahaha, wrong.
it was a crash course in weed growing that is for sure. it will help you learn the in and outs real quick.

my hats off to you dwc guys that can make it work. I was never able to get what I would call a perfect run. there was always something.

so I am subbed because if you pull it off, you my friend, are a bad ass.

:thumb:

birds of a feather you and I are, sir.
my first grow, dwc. second grow dwc, top feeder. I figured it looks easy from the pictures....hahaha, wrong.
it was a crash course in weed growing that is for sure. it will help you learn the in and outs real quick.

my hats off to you dwc guys that can make it work. I was never able to get what I would call a perfect run. there was always something.

so I am subbed because if you pull it off, you my friend, are a bad ass.

:thumb:

HEHE. I do not know about the bad ass part. Lets get a few weeks into this grow and see what we see. The first thing I am worried about is the germination and transplant process. I tried to keep it boneheaded simple. I really do not like the idea of touching seedlings, so I wanted to minimize the amount of fooling around with one. So i will use the germination tray until the roots are showing through it and the plant has a couple of leaves on it. I am thinking this will take ~14 days. Really depends on the seeds, but the widow seems to be a very aggressive grower from what I have read. After this point I will place in the dwc buckets and finish the grow (hopefully). I will be using a Scrog and cropping training process to keep the canopy and plants even as well as using up all available grow space. I think getting to this point should be fairly easy. The plant wants to grow and to live so we will be working in harmony during this time. :Namaste: :)
So that is the plan. Time will tell.

just wash your hands before you handle it. I usually just roll mine off the wet paper tower into the medium of my choice. sometimes its Rockwell. sometimes its root riot. sometimes its just straight coco. I have put a germed seed right into hydroton. it grew. just try a few methods and find the one you like most. youll get plenty of chances once you find good genetics and start cloning.

germing is pretty easy. just watch your temperatures. my rhino germed in 18 hours. I put it right into coco with a 300 ppm solution of hydroguard and water, un ph'd. I didn't start phing my water until it was about two weeks old. then it started getting 900-1000 ppm @ 5.8.

We seldom see someone so well equipped and a plan so well layed out for a first time grow. Congrats & good luck. I'm betting on some epic results!!

Just looked through the pics again. Saw that I have a pic of my toe in two pics. Sorry about that and I will try to do better with the camera. :rofl:

It looks like your going to do great Bamalabrat but............................I think Chronichemphog has a "trademark" on toes in a DWC picture update. :thedoubletake: :rofl: :love:

Awesome update. :high-five:

We seldom see someone so well equipped and a plan so well layed out for a first time grow. Congrats & good luck. I'm betting on some epic results!!

Thanks so much for the kindness bucudinkydow. Welcome to the grow and hope it is a good one.

Subbed. Looking good Bama, congratulations it looks like you bought all the right stuff :thumb:

Vlad
Thanks Vlad. I have really enjoyed your journal and all of your DIY. I knew you would probably roll your eyes at my set up, but I hope it works for me. I am excited and just wish the tent and seeds were already in my hands!

It looks like your going to do great Bamalabrat but............................I think Chronichemphog has a "trademark" on toes in a DWC picture update. :thedoubletake: :rofl: :love:

:rofl: Thanks for checking in again. Always good to have you. I will try not to infringe on Chronic's "trademark"! :)

:rofl: Thanks for checking in again. Always good to have you. I will try not to infringe on Chronic's "trademark"! :)

:rofl: :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom