2 Liter Hempy SOG

Nice mothers mate. Just curious do u use rooting hormone still in aerocloners? I remember wen u did ur aero grow u did. The reason i ask is that i was using gels but got fed up of it making my res slimey so just use straight h2o now. And im actually getting roots faster now. Ive been using only water for about 6 months now and i wont go back. I too take hundreds of cuttings per month so was interested what someone else with high volume was doing.

Interesting that you ask. I have found that if I scrape the stems and add Superthrive to the res that the clones will get slime every time. That cost me a couple hundred clones before I realized WTF was going on. However, I have used clonex gel and had great results with it but I didn't scrape the stems. Here's a lid full of clones that were not scraped but were dipped in Clonex gel.

rooty.JPG
rooty2.JPG

Now I'm using straight tap water, just like you are as I'm scared of slime issues. I see roots in 7-9 days and they're usually ready to bury by day 14-17. I let my root systems get larger so they hit the bottom of the 2L res before I bury them.

Honestly straight tap water will give u great results without clogging up res. Also depending how large u want ur roots before transplant, i have found if u have air stones in res and only spray 3-4 times in 24 hours once roots are through, that roots actually thicken up and grow faster. Think of it as a dwc grow, the bubbles create just enough spray for roots not to dry out wen cutting is transplanted. But encourages root growth, i switch to this method once roots are over 1.5". just something to mess around with wen u get a chance.

oh and i used clonex gel and roots were fine but res slimey, i just think if u give only water it makes more sense thats the roots will grow more aggressively until it finds the nutes and water. Im not a scientist but think its valid idea. i use 105 site aero cloners and get beastly clones, check them out in my journals mate. looking forward to seeing ur grow come together.

Hello Fied,
It's good to see you posting pics again. I have all of my supplies ready to build a cloner like yours.I have one question though. How far is it from the top of the manifold pipes to the top of the tote ? Thanks in advance.
-K

Hello Fied,
It's good to see you posting pics again. I have all of my supplies ready to build a cloner like yours.I have one question though. How far is it from the top of the manifold pipes to the top of the tote ? Thanks in advance.
-K

Very good question. It depends on how strong your pump is. What I do is try and adjust it to where the mist just makes it out of the holes if I pop a neoprene plug out. I run a 380GPH pump in one cloner and a 500 GPH pump in the other so obviously, the manifold is closer to the clones in the unit with the 380GPH pump as it doesn't push the mist as far.

You can always cut/adjust the pipe coming directly out of your pump so start long and adjust down to the correct size. I hope this made sense. Please post pics so I can share in your success.

Good growing.

Very good question. It depends on how strong your pump is. What I do is try and adjust it to where the mist just makes it out of the holes if I pop a neoprene plug out. I run a 380GPH pump in one cloner and a 500 GPH pump in the other so obviously, the manifold is closer to the clones in the unit with the 380GPH pump as it doesn't push the mist as far.

You can always cut/adjust the pipe coming directly out of your pump so start long and adjust down to the correct size. I hope this made sense. Please post pics so I can share in your success.

Good growing.

That is good advice and kinda what I had in mind since I will be using a pump much smaller than yours. It is a Little Giant 120 GPH. It was given to me so I thought I would try it before buying one. The first tests are done and it looks like it will work. I will post a pic when I get the holes cut in the lid.

hi 420fied!!! im starting my 2ls hempy grow!!!! im growing ak47, flowering time 56-63, wich days should i defoliate? thanks man!

420fied. Have you used any of the new BPN gear yet? I just ordered/received the Vitablue B, mychorrhizae, seaweed, and the early bloom booster. I was using the 2 part series and the blue bloom booster prior. Seems I have a need to complicate my life lol.

I built a rubbermaid cloner inspired by yours, just past a week now on a run and just starting to see some roots. This strain is a bear to clone compared to others I've worked with though, so I'm hoping that explains it, and not me goofing something up lol.

vette, I'm using the Vitablue and seaweed (and 2part and liquid blue) now for about 3-4 weeks and I'm thrilled with it.

420fied. Have you used any of the new BPN gear yet? I just ordered/received the Vitablue B, mychorrhizae, seaweed, and the early bloom booster. I was using the 2 part series and the blue bloom booster prior. Seems I have a need to complicate my life lol.

I built a rubbermaid cloner inspired by yours, just past a week now on a run and just starting to see some roots. This strain is a bear to clone compared to others I've worked with though, so I'm hoping that explains it, and not me goofing something up lol.

I haven't yet but Corey and I have talked about his new products. I plan on showcasing some of them in the upcoming journal. I've been using the 3 part Elite along with Liquid Blue and I am more than pleased with the results.

I'm happy to hear that your cloner is working out. May all your buds be dense my friend.

thx man. I'll have to pretty the cloner up a bit but I came up with a different and IMO easier(in my warped mind) way of water proofing the lid w/out the drop down sides. Will update when I get time :)

hey bpn, i see lots of guys using ur products on here now. Mainly through winning potm etc and a few others trialing because others said so. With absolute respect, and i mean that, im not a sheep. So my question is, how does ur product differ from any of the majors? Obviously with a track record from bigger brands, why choose ur products? I say this as an interested 3rd party watching others grow and i myself use a mixture of products. Just seems like a lot of people saying bpn is fabulous when they havent even used it, just because its popular on the forum, and a few small time growers use it. Maybe some of the growers ive seen using it dont have massive experience with diff nutes so cant really compare it to other named brands. Of course there are 1 or 2 larger scale growers on here using the product but its a big diff to couple plants in the bedroom to a commercial scale.

I'm taking a neutral stance at the moment, im just playing devils advocate. In no way am i saying ur products dont work but i do question some of the folk screaming from the roof tops thats its the best thing ever. 420fied isnt one of those as he's proven he knows how to grow with other products and different systems. Living in europe i have access to most of the top products, some of which arent available in the states. How do u compare ur product to theirs?

I have many grows ongoing and as a commercial grower i always looking at whats out there. I have a system that works for me but ofcourse im interested in new products. The thing is seperating the hype from the reality......

Be grateful for any input u have. Thanks.

looking forward to BPN reply, but I can say from my perspective why I switched.

Seeing 420fieds results in grow journal. I was a bit better than GH products, but moreso it was support for the community both with an example user, and with from what I saw of Corey's "after sale" support for his users. Finally, price is a bit cheaper before shipping, and even though shipping costs have seemingly soared, I don't think it's much more than I'd pay at a local hydro store for GH products, and I don't have a person standing by on tech support via email with the various problems or oddball questions I can come up with at times ;).

However, I totally understand your wariness, as I come from another hobby where forums are but one of the many means to advertise their products and give a bunch of sheep small rep discounts for their blinding adoration.

Don't take anything I say to the bank as the gospel truth. I'm a noob still and while shoving a bunch of money at various products helps, it's ultimately how you treat or mis-treat these plants that makes the ultimate difference. So while I like BPN and the support I've received; I can certainly respect your healthy skepticism and applaud you for making informed decisions. I tend to respect opinions of people like you when they review or have a positive experience with a product b/c you call tell it's not just some random dude who may have no idea otherwise(like me lol).

Hey Cultivator, you question is totally fair. First, it is not my intention to "hype" my products at all. I think the main reason a lot of the new, smaller growers are pushing my products is because I give them one-on-one advice and a "hands-on" type of approach to helping their grows. I care about the folks using my products and of course want their grows to be successful because that is how I measure my success. I talk to them at length on the phone and go the extra mile if I can.

As a university educated plant scientist perspective, mixing nutrients is not rocket science. The larger nutrient companies know this as well. What I have done with my products is use the well-known facts regarding the ratios of required nutrients that plants require to complete their life cycle. Those are the base of any nutrient formula. Then, I have modified the actual ingredients I use so that I provide multiple forms of each nutrient to ensure maximum possible plant availability. For instance, in both my 2 part and 3 part I use 4 types of chelated iron (Fe EDTA, Fe DTPA, Fe EDDHA, and Iron amino chelate). This combination will provide iron to plants at a variation of pH levels which will offer some wiggle room for novice growers who have trouble regulating their pH levels. Another example is copper...I use Cu EDTA, CuSO4, and amino chelated copper, Multiple forms of manganese as well, the list goes on....

I have also adjusted the ratios of certain elements (NO3- to NH4+) so that the pH stays stable for a long period of time. I am not claiming my nutes to be "pH Perfect" because there really isn't a brand that is truly that if you understand the dynamics of nutrient solutions and root exudates, etc...

I have sourced the best possible raw materials I can find and have spent thousands of dollars doing this as I have had to literally eat the cost of hundreds of dollars of raw materials that I deemed too inferior to go into my products after I have purchased them.

My products are as high quality or better than any other large company's. Like I said, formulating a high quality product that contains the essential elements for plant growth in the correct amounts is second nature to me. I can do it in my sleep.

Now lets discuss a bloom booster...lets take liquid blue for example. It has an analysis of 2-4-10 and contains potassium nitrate, monopotassium phosphate, phosphoric acid, and potassium carbonate. 4 common raw materials easily bought in bulk if you have the proper licenses. Advanced Nutrient's "Hammer Head" contains the exact same ratios of ingredients but they sell their product for much more $$. In that particular comparison, the only difference is that I price Liquid Blue much lower than HammerHead. If I could tell you with absolute certainty that AN stands by their guaranteed analysis, then there is no difference in those 2 products besides some marketing and a company name and who we source our raw materials from.

The same goes for my product VitaBLue vs. B-52, they both have the exact same guaranteed analysis. B-52 sells for well over $100/gallon but VitaBlue goes for $55/gallon on my site. I don't know who An sources their raws from so I can't comment on the quality of their product. They sure are proud of it though!

I have put together a product line that is non-redundant. Meaning, that I only sell products that can be used together to enhance overall plant growth without including dozens of products designed to only to separate you from your hard earned dollars. There is nothing else you could add to my High-Yield Feeding system that is additive besides maybe a silica product, an enzyme product, and a root conditioner if you want to run in an absolute sterile environment. All 3 of which I have in development at the moment.

Another example is Botanicare's "CalMag Plus". I sell CalMag as well using the exact same raw materials as Botanicare but I go the extra mile and include the more expensive Fe DTPA, and Fe EDDHA so Iron is available at higher pH levels if growers let their pH get too high.
So, BPN = less money out of your pocket and higher quality products.

I can offer this because I manufacture the products, I market them, and I am the retailer. There are no middle men to increase the costs. No insane overhead. No employees I have to provide medical insurance to. No investors I answer to. I can do this because I only sell a fraction of what the big guys sell so I can keep my operation small and profitable and fun. If I started to distribute my products to stores or large re-distributors, the profit margin gets very small for me and volume must increase exponentially which leads to higher retail prices since there are so many hands in the pie at that point.

I hope this all makes sense.

Synopsis: I am a university trained plant scientist and know what I am doing. I sell superior quality products. My prices are much lower than my competitors. I support cannabis cultivation and use. Those are the facts. It is then up to the consumer to decide which brand they choose.

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom