• Icemud

Votes: 17 22.7%
  • Fuzzy Duck

Votes: 22 29.3%
  • Mcloadie

Votes: 24 32.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ditto that QTL, have not been here anywhere near as long as you, but have made some good friends. Sit back relax and take a nice big hit off the water cooled bong and reflect on your time here and what each member means to you. As they say every vote counts right ? Peace , OG.

I have made great friends here as well. I am only familiar with 2 out of the four noms. I wouldn't have time to do research on the other 2. As I have said before I need to become active in the forums like I use to. But I will take your advice about that nice cooled water bong!!!!!

:rofl::slide: heh figured as much..just trying to get a bit of engagement going. closing the gap, tweaking the vibe..however you wanna call it =)

I'd just like to add this...

Welcome to the 420 Member of the Month Contest thread

Please note that after much Cannadeliberation the staff has decided to make a few experimental improvements to our Member of the Month contest. Our intention is to include not only our valued growers, but more of our non-growing members in this one contest as well. We are by no means excluding growers from the Member of the Month Contest but we feel that our Plant and Bud Contests are already serving these members pretty well. Please help and support us in this effort.

Specifically, we're looking to thank those members that help and support our site in so many under recognized ways, such as:

• Greeting new members
  • Helping people with questions
  • Peacemakers
  • Activism efforts
  • Promoting our sponsors
  • Activity and content generation
  • Reporting violations
Beginning this month, the staff will select the nominees and members will determine the winner by poll.

The contest will be open for staff submissions from the beginning through the 15th day of each month. The staff is expected to include their reason for nominating the member. Once all submissions are in, we will begin voting for a winner. Winners are announced on the 1st of each month. Please bear with us, should the thread need to be locked during the nominating period.

Once i've read between the lines...

That infact tells me that the competition know as MOTM is not performing as well 420 admin so desires... almost disfunctional, hence the recent changes to MOTM to see improvements !

That we the majority of community have hardly been supportive off over the last couple of months since the changes have occured since februarys MOTM.

Infact it would not suprise me if MOTM was not totally abolish as comp & honestly ask, is it serving the community as it was so desired to !

The very future of this comp is in our hands :thumb:

im more than happy to see how this plays, i do admit that i can be quite a meddler, but i do try my best to approach everything as balanced as can between what i think my peers want and what i think management are trying to achieve...for example.

Motm template.

nomination.
public = yes x 1 nomination (stops people getting nomination happy)
staff = yes x as many as they want (allows staff to pick anyone they damn well please =) )
nomination limit = none

selection.
staff talk among themselves and hand pick who they consider the best 6 candidates. (enough to keep it interesting, few enough to prevent any hard feelings if not selected)

vote
as per normal

just as an example of something that might work.

I think it is great that they're considering non growers as well. Too bad they hadn't made the change a long time ago. Better late than never. How many noms can there be?

Tough decision this month, great growers and great helpers, hmmmm, POTM was an easy decision for me, NOTM and MOTM tough one. I'l be back , again.....

dont think there is a limit, i was just being exacting ;)

recently its more of a challenge to get people to nominate. its hard to put into words but PMing nominations just feels a little different, for many varied reasons i think this is causing a little hesitation in the masses. im not sure of the average lifespan of a member ship here, but we just have to rememmber that its us that stick around that feel it the most. all the new guys from feb onwards, this 'new' way is all they will have ever known. popularity for motm may have dipped recently as can be expected for any management descision in any walk of life, but i believe as the new ones filter in and get involved popularity may be higher than the same month the previous year...its just perspective.

appologies if i squashed multiple lines of though in that paragraph, little more stoned than usual :rofl:

OMG!!!!! I Am so stoked to have been chosen as a candidate for this months MOTM!!!! I just started a new job thats really amazing, harvested my plants and now this!!! I swear my life is so blessed right now my smile is ear to ear :) I am so pleased to be thought of by all of you and I will continue to participate as much as I can to my favorite 420 community!!! Thank you everyone so very much, you have definitely made me smile :) :420::green_heart::woohoo::theband:

I looked at the poll, still conflicted between Fuzzy and Icemud....

To be honest i voted on Icemud as he origanil begain growing organic style & then branched into highbrix methods which is quite a pioneering area of growing MMJ to which he supports by informative threads on the subject in certian areas of knowledge :high-five:

After all its just wrong to vote on your self !

At the end of day its not very difficult to left click some ones name & view forum posts for a little bit of home work or enter their name in the search function of forums to view what they have written recently regarding advice/support/DIY/knowledge etc

With each & every one of use have own flavour of where we care to share & help other growers in the many different areas of the forums :peace:

Back
Top Bottom