• VapeDogg223

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • Vick074

Votes: 31 46.3%
  • OG1969

Votes: 10 14.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Am I getting close to ever being considerred for "bud of the month? from what I read, you can't enter the contests, you must be selected by your GREAT staff? thank you are all wonderful at keeping this the BEST site for me. very helpful members! as well as staff!
21816.jpg
:Namaste:

Am I getting close to ever being considerred for "bud of the month? from what I read, you can't enter the contests, you must be selected by your GREAT staff? thank you are all wonderful at keeping this the BEST site for me. very helpful members! as well as staff!
21816.jpg
:Namaste:

Hey there brother Trichomes! Check the rules for each contest...that's just for Member of the Month. You can submit entries for either Plant of the Month, or Nug of the Month between the 1st and the 15th...

The rules state that entries for NOTM must be "dry" and in "ready to smoke" form. Otherwise you'd have to enter in POTM!

Maybe we'll see you next month!
:goodluck:

Thanks guys!!!

:love:

but it's not over yet!!

Oh no...it's over! The fat lady already sang a tune, and then someone came along and stuck a fork in it! :rofl:

:cheer: Congratulations brother! :cheer:

:bravo:

well, this motm is done. time for a post match analysis :rofl:

i didnt get to nominate anyone (naturally unhappy about this, but not dissapointed per sa, its the main price for the new system)

there were 4 noms this month. and they were virtually unknown till close to voting. a few more nominations would be better and released early on into the month so we can have a chance to scrutinise the candidates.

there was a little drama but that shouldnt be counted into the cost of this new system because you really cant please all of the people all of the time. and altering something so fundamental was bound to even upset a few grassroots members.

and finally, ive heard of Vick074 before, floating around the forums, but have never really had the chance to pay more intrest. this motm has given me the desire to load up vick's grow journals and look at the work and learn the persons mannerisms, without this months motm i would have got there eventually, probably by accident, but now i intend to actively learn about vick and his grows.

I believe that the above paragraph is the desired effect the management are looking for. bringing the unknown or should be known more, into the spotlight.
In summary, i know it needs more work done and i know that some of the above comments are already being worked on by 420 without anyone needing to mention it, but the system does have merits and deserves to continue the experimentation to perfect it.

this is not intended to sound patronising in any way, but the older you get the less significant a single month of your life becomes and as such us 'oldies' find it easer to sacrifice a few getting something right.
i know to some, this changes felt radical and arbitrary, but really in the grand scheme of things, whats a couple of months trying to get things right. a very small amount of time compared to the 2 decades 420 has been providing us with a home to grow and i expect we will all (most of us) be still here in another couple of decades.

:circle-of-love::420:

Congratulations Vick!! Good for you!

For the other three folks... just know that each one of you has what it takes to display a 420 nug jar.

"Wiw!"
and you can quote me on that..

Thank you everyone!!

This is a true honor that has been bestowed upon me!
Especially going up against 3 other amazing growers.
Hopefully with a little time and patience, this new format will flourish.
But whatever happens, I'll always make sure to keep things in perspective,
and remember why I came to 420 magazine in the first place.
All contests aside.
To be able to grow, learn, and happily share information positively, while surrounded by a great community of amazingly talented people!

:thanks:

:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom