600 Watt Tent Setup Using SSAM #4

update 1-07

I am thinking of switching to flower in a couple of days. what do you guys think? And should I give them 24 hours of darkness or just go straight to 12/12? To reduce stretch I should change to my hps bulb correct? This is getting me a lttle anxious. hahhaa

sorry for the dumb questions I know it all depends on the setup and how it works.just want to hear ideas!

stop rambling now!

here are the pics!

overview
021184.JPG

top of the master at day 53 from seed
009492.JPG

master base/structure
011407.JPG

size comparison to 5 gallon bucket
012343.JPG

Agent orange left side kings kush right side
017220.JPG

close up of agent orange top
019174.JPG

Kings kush
020178.JPG

close up of one of the many tops
016253.JPG

Going to 12/12 depends on your pot size, goals, and preferred timetable. If your goal is a 5' wide bush then you need to go longer in veg and you need 5 gal or larger pots.

As you have a nice SOG going right now, I would go 12/12 and not look back.

For me 4-6 weeks from germination is about right.

When I go to flower, i just shorten the last veg day to 12 hour of light.

The girls are looking super healthy.

There looking really good, I still would say give em 1 more week of veg...really will make a significant difference now that the growth has picked up...really will give much more plant for buds to develop on... even if the plants 3x in size...they only would hit about 5 feet or so, which in your grow area should be plenty of room without burning them...and you could always supercrop if needed.....

about the darkness....so far I've never tried it...only on my 2nd grow...plus in a scrog with 4 different strains and finishing times...cant really do it anyways... Mine started preflowering within a week and a half with no dark period.... I've read both ways about it... In nature, unless there's an eclipse..lol...there is no dark period... I would just suggest flipping them...or you could start ramping down the light hours too...do 16 for a day or two...then 14...then hit 12...

As far as switching your bulbs...if you leave the MH in for the stretch, theoreticly it would reduce stretching and putting the HPS in should increase stretching...I use both thru the full cycle so I can't really comment too much on this one.. In my case, the side with the HPS stretched much higher than the MH side...

Everythings looking very healthy....Im excited to see them start to flower soon :)

Thanks for the feedback guys! I really appreciate it.

I was just in there a little bit ago and think I could lst some more and let them go a little longer to really make it a true 2ftx4ft canopy. its a little short of that right now.

All plants are at 5 weeks and the bigger one is around 8 weeks. The older one is in a 5 gallon smartpot all others are in 3 gal. should I transplant all of them to 5's or will the
3's be sufficient! I really dont want to disturb the roots but I dont want them to be root bound either.

Supercropping is pinching the stem to crack the cell wall correct?

Thanks for the feedback guys! I really appreciate it.

I was just in there a little bit ago and think I could lst some more and let them go a little longer to really make it a true 2ftx4ft canopy. its a little short of that right now.

All plants are at 5 weeks and the bigger one is around 8 weeks. The older one is in a 5 gallon smartpot all others are in 3 gal. should I transplant all of them to 5's or will the
3's be sufficient! I really dont want to disturb the roots but I dont want them to be root bound either.

Supercropping is pinching the stem to crack the cell wall correct?

Happy to hear that you are letting them go a little longer...you will be happy you did :)

The smaller ones I believe should be fine in the 3 gallon pots, upgrading to 5 gallons would be definitely better...I started off with 2 or 3 gallon pots on my 1st grow, and transplanted to 5 gallons before flowering...the new soil seemed to definitely give a boost to the plants before flowering...or at least it seemed that way..lol

Supercropping is basicly that, I would recommend to do it a few hours after watering or even a day right after watering because the plants are not as brittle and less chance of breaking one... just pinch the stem between ur thumb and pointer finger, and slowly rock them back and forth, as you bend the branch down the way you want it, with the other hand..just do it slow and you shouldn't have a problem with breaking any...just be gentle...some stems are easier than others... you may break 1 or 2 but you will be fine.. and if you do, you can always try to clone them..

WHOOOO HOOOOO once u start 12/12 the real fun begins. Good job on being patient for flower, a quality i wish was with me when i flowered. Basicially anytime you wanna start flower go for it. Icemuds advice is a pretty solid one. Wait just a bit longer and youll thank yourself. Your going to have a great harvest if it all goes well.

WOW, this shit looks amazing.....I had to start over with mine due to a medical emergency but all is well and back on track...am getting some teens next Monday and off I go again...I am going to try and use your technique, really makes use of all space..love it ..I have learned so much from these journals...Thanks and keep up the great posts.:peace::morenutes:

WHOOOO HOOOOO once u start 12/12 the real fun begins. Good job on being patient for flower, a quality i wish was with me when i flowered. Basicially anytime you wanna start flower go for it. Icemuds advice is a pretty solid one. Wait just a bit longer and youll thank yourself. Your going to have a great harvest if it all goes well.
:thanks:253!
Yeah it gets hard when you see it start to fill up! In the tent you are limited on space so there is a fine line of when to start 12/12. I dont want to crowd anything so I wanted to start it so they have room to grow into some nice bitches, i mean girls. I should never call them bitches cause they dont talk back. Lol! yes Icemuds right on the money! I have let them go more than a week and will start flower tomorrow! I will post up some pics tonight!

WOW, this shit looks amazing.....I had to start over with mine due to a medical emergency but all is well and back on track...am getting some teens next Monday and off I go again...I am going to try and use your technique, really makes use of all space..love it ..I have learned so much from these journals...Thanks and keep up the great posts.:peace::morenutes:

Thanks farmboy!
sorry to hear you had some medical emergencies. I hope you or whomever had those emergencies is doing better.

My technique is quite simple I topped early and lst trained into a bush. I also do some defoliation throughout veg to allow light to penetrate to the lower tops that were growing through. I have 15+ main tops all even with each other on the bigger of the five.

lets see if I can make it through flower with minimal problems. I hope so.

thanks for stooping in guys!
pic update tonight!

Wow...big, bushy, healthy looking, glad you waited that extra week...your going to have a real solid harvest I am guessing off these girls!! looking great bro!!

Thanks you guys!

I have been soo busy as of late it is ridiculous. I leave for one week for maui so my wife will be tending to the garden! She wont have to do much. just a little addback to the resi and keeping the light at 15-16 inches away from the canopy. im gone for 10 days.

I hope it is a good harvest considering going into this I had no expectations and I still dont. so whatever I get I will be happy.

Hey man have fun on your trip, just wanted to let you know that grows like this are what inspired me to go with a tent setup. Your girls are amazing looking...

Cant wait to see the changes when you get back.

:Namaste:

Hey man have fun on your trip, just wanted to let you know that grows like this are what inspired me to go with a tent setup. Your girls are amazing looking...

Cant wait to see the changes when you get back.

:Namaste:

Thanks for the kind words man! I love this setup too. It is pretty much worry free. I really like the sunshine advanced mix too I amend with more perlite and a layer of hydroton at the bottom and throughout the mix. Right now I am watering once every other day or so and flushing once a week with a mild nutrient solution.

Glad My grow is inspiring to someone. haha. Really I consider myself a newb still with so much more to learn. My best advice is less is more and not to overcomplicate things.

thanks for checking it out man
:420::peace:

Looks like a :party: up in there bro. Ladies are lovely. Just got caught up on your journal and I'm sub'd:goodjob:

what up akaman?

thanks for checking it. Yeah it really is turning into a party in there a stinky one too.

the next few weeks will be exciting I just hope my wife doesnt kill my girls when Im gone..hahaha
:thanks: keepemgreen

what up akaman?

thanks for checking it. Yeah it really is turning into a party in there a stinky one too.

the next few weeks will be exciting I just hope my wife doesnt kill my girls when Im gone..hahaha
:thanks: keepemgreen

I will be praying for you that she doesnt. Too bad u cant post smells on here id love to get a whiff of your grow room lol

I will be praying for you that she doesnt. Too bad u cant post smells on here id love to get a whiff of your grow room lol

I know right. Broadband scent messaging system. Hahaha

Back
Top Bottom