Arteekay's Second Grow - Autos & Feminized - Mixed Strains

I've seen dog/cat/ferret hair on flowers. Look for stippling real quick. If circus comes to town they start low. By the time they start putting up tents most leafs are spotted.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Well, in fairness, it is our third. :) Here's our first (Britney) and our second (NEM). Britney's accident was the best thing that could have happened to us.

Always a pleasure to have ya stop by Canna.
Look at you being all humble over there. :) those first two grows are quite impressive also! Wow!!! These ema and tbm aren't nearly as impressive as yours. Looks like I'll be stepping up my lst game! Thanks for the pics as a reference to see just how big these autos can get. :thanks:

There are weird fibers on the Cheryll, on the left of the 2 last cheryll pics. Like wires or mini-vines going downward.
What is it? pistils or fibers from something else?

edit: pic of weird stuff.... alien invasion or evidence of human presence in the surrounding ? ... or else ?

I'll confirm tonight, but I'd bet it's from our ongoing infestation by two Felis Catus and a Canis Lupus Familiaris. Most likely the felines are the culprits in this pic, but all three contribute willingly and abundantly.

I gave up trying to get hair free bud shots and started washing every harvest, thanks to macro shots. There's no amount of vacuuming that can prevent it, but I do battle it into some form of submission.

I've seen dog/cat/ferret hair on flowers. Look for stippling real quick. If circus comes to town they start low. By the time they start putting up tents most leafs are spotted.

I really can't believe how lucky we've been in regards to pests, but I'm sure glad to have you keeping out for us.

:high-five:, :passitleft:, and :thanks:

Look at you being all humble over there. :) those first two grows are quite impressive also! Wow!!! These ema and tbm aren't nearly as impressive as yours. Looks like I'll be stepping up my lst game! Thanks for the pics as a reference to see just how big these autos can get. :thanks:

Your autos are under flowering light schedules, no? You'll get from an auto under 12/12, but it won't be optimal. We kind fell into optimizing our setup for autos and just experimenting with a single photo at a time. You two don't have the space constraints we're currently fighting, so it's understandable the autos are running where they can amongst your photos.

I think we've been pretty fortunate and quite lucky in our success so far. History tells me not to expect it to continue. :)

In for the learning...... Hahaha we have so much to learn, hope we can get it right. Great info here!!!!

First things first, massive :welcome: to :420: Arctic Bowl, and even bigger welcome to my journal.

Sounds like your just getting started growing yourself? If so, you've definitely found the right community. We sprouted our first ever Cannabis seeds on Halloween night last year, so we're baby fresh noobies ourselves.

I agree there's a ton to learn at first, but everything you'll need to know is here and we all are here to help. There's no greater joy than watching a first harvest.

:circle-of-love:

Thank you so much, everyone has been so kind to us. It's pretty overwhelming for us but we have to try something other than all the pills. Never been a fan of corporate pill popping stuff. Sure some meds are ok but when they just keep raising the dose an results stay the same then I'm out!!

Once we get a bit smarter we will try and post a few pictures up but we're not at that level yet but hope to learn how soon so we can get input on how our babies are looking ( 1st time growing so we are clueless as they come :) )

There's no amount of vacuuming that can prevent it, but I do battle it into some form of submission

May be a purifier/ionizer will do? it would put the hair down to the ground before they reach the weed (for the ones that float through the air...). I imagine, I do not own one.

Thank you so much, everyone has been so kind to us. It's pretty overwhelming for us but we have to try something other than all the pills. Never been a fan of corporate pill popping stuff. Sure some meds are ok but when they just keep raising the dose an results stay the same then I'm out!!

Once we get a bit smarter we will try and post a few pictures up but we're not at that level yet but hope to learn how soon so we can get input on how our babies are looking ( 1st time growing so we are clueless as they come :) )

There's links in many people's signatures that may help out. Check out all three links under "helpful links" in my signature for a pretty good start.

There's no better way to succeed at your first grow than to let the wonderful growers here at 420mag take a walk through your garden.

:high-five:

May be a purifier/ionizer will do? it would put the hair down to the ground before they reach the weed (for the ones that float through the air...). I imagine, I do not own one.

We're in a "good enough" stage right now, but thanks for the suggestion.

We'll try to get it better once we're into the new space in the fall. If we keep the pets out of the actual grow room, it should only be available to enter when we do, or on us. Both can be worked on. Need a positive pressure entrance, and a negative pressure grow room. That'll be easy, right? :)

I use these on my intake ports with great success.

32cfbd2006e19d0fdfa24c4d18647d3c.jpg

Keeps all kind of things out of tent.

Cheers

July 9 (Saturday) Update.

Autos: Cheryl (Amnesia Haze) is 58, Early Miss 3 is 44, Train Wreck is 29, Quarter Pounder is 17, and our second Lemon Skunk is 2 day old. They are on an 20/4 schedule and are 15-22 inches from their lights.

Photos: Purple Kush is 95 days old (day 30 since flipping to 12/12). She is 11 inches from her main light.

Temps remain in the low 80s with humidity around 49%.

• Cheryl (AH) got soaked with 75% strength bloom nutes and fortifier (6.05 liters with 22.5 ml each of DNF Bloom A+B, 5 ml of GO CaMg+, and 1 g of DNF Bloom fortifier) at 776 pppm and 5.8 PH @ 67 f

The fan leaves on our first Amnesia Haze (Cheryl) that we bleached by being too close to the light have started to fall further apart. I'm just hoping we have enough left to carry her through the next 26 days until harvest.

I spent a while stretching out our Train Wreck further into her frame. Still learning the tricks of it, but I'm unbelievably happy with it so far.

Otherwise, another easy day. Woot.

Family pics:

LS2 at 2 days (8.83 lbs down from 9.67 yesterday, 10.21 lbs after watering tonight):

QP at 17 days (10.90 lbs, down from 11.83 yesterday):

TW at 29 days (19.42 lbs, down from 21.94 yesterday):

EM3 at 44 days (16.61 lbs, down from 23.41 yesterday):

Cheryl (AH) at 58 days (13.05 lbs down from 19.14 yesterday, 26.38 lbs after watering tonight):

PK at 95 days, 30 days from flipping (25.34 lbs, down from 28.83 yesterday):

Back in the tent:

Looking crowded guys. But looking good too. Great job.

Cheers

I use these on my intake ports with great success.

32cfbd2006e19d0fdfa24c4d18647d3c.jpg

Keeps all kind of things out of tent.

I've got the intake up at the ceiling, to avoid picking up the cold air from the basement floor and hopefully cut down on hair getting sucked in. Remember we're still venting the photo tent into the auto tent, then out through a 4 inch filter and fan. Nowhere near ideal. This'll all get solved in the new space this fall.

Every time we break the seal and open a tent, hair appears instantly like a fucking genie. I watched my mother obsess about pet hair to the point of nearly destroying the family, so I've decided it's not a problem I'll even try to solve, just manage it to a fair balance with as little effort as possible.

Washing helps. If nothing else at least we're smoking clean hair. :)

Looking crowded guys. But looking good too. Great job.

No question bud. I'm playing the Cannatetris mini-game every night now. I let AH get far too wide rather than long. I had lots of room back then and failed to plan.

Looks so awesome, great job. One day we hope to be like you guys :)

I'm glad you found them Arctic. I'm trying my best to learn to grow like this. He's a good teacher too, so don't hesitate to pepper him with questions. :laughtwo:

You're welcome arteekay. :hug:

Good grief guys. Even the babies look like "OMG, let me grow here!"

Breathtaking, as always. Geez, it's almost scary how good you two are at this. Sometimes I almost get intimidated, and then I remember you're human too, just like me. I'll get this. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Three AM - nope! 3:30 AM. Time for this girl to call it a day. Goodnight arteekay. Reps on the way out. I'll catch Jay somewhere along the way. Nope! You've already inspired reps, and the day is only 3 1/2 hours in. :laughtwo:

Washing helps. If nothing else at least we're smoking clean hair. :)

:rofl: That's how I see it.

I really need to filter the room the tents are in. Even if I shut the exhaust off to avoid back pressure in the tents, the hair bunnies are always running around my feet and follow me in.

That Trainwreck is gonna put out some solid knobs :bravo:

Looks so awesome, great job. One day we hope to be like you guys :)

It's not hard, trust me if we can figure it out, you'll do fine. Can't wait to watch you succeed as well. :high-five:

I'm glad you found them Arctic. I'm trying my best to learn to grow like this. He's a good teacher too, so don't hesitate to pepper him with questions. :laughtwo:

You're welcome arteekay. :hug:

I honestly do thank you. Explaining something helps to firm up my thoughts on a given subject. But, Arctic, don't let Sue here fool ya. If I'm a teacher, she's our department head. :)

Good grief guys. Even the babies look like "OMG, let me grow here!"

Breathtaking, as always. Geez, it's almost scary how good you two are at this. Sometimes I almost get intimidated, and then I remember you're human too, just like me. I'll get this. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Three AM - nope! 3:30 AM. Time for this girl to call it a day. Goodnight arteekay. Reps on the way out. I'll catch Jay somewhere along the way. Nope! You've already inspired reps, and the day is only 3 1/2 hours in. :laughtwo:

We bleached out our AH, and overfed our Purple Kush, so far. We're definitely still in the learning phase.

:rofl: That's how I see it.

I really need to filter the room the tents are in. Even if I shut the exhaust off to avoid back pressure in the tents, the hair bunnies are always running around my feet and follow me in.

That Trainwreck is gonna put out some solid knobs :bravo:

:rofl: "solid knobs". +reps for an expression I haven't heard before. (edit: dammit, gotta spread it around more first, sorry).

July 10 (Sunday) Update.

Autos: Cheryl (Amnesia Haze) is 59, Early Miss 3 is 45, Train Wreck is 30, Quarter Pounder is 18, and our second Lemon Skunk is 3 day old. They are on an 20/4 schedule and are 15-22 inches from their lights.

Photos: Purple Kush is 96 days old (day 31 since flipping to 12/12). She is 11 inches from her main light.

Temps remain in the low 80s with humidity around 51%.

• QP got 3.15 liters of bubbled tap water (450 ml down the stem, 1.5 liters around the edges, the rest in the tray)
  • EM3 got soaked with 75% strength bloom nutes and fortifier (5.70 liters with 22.5 ml each of DNF Bloom A+B, 5.5 ml of GO CaMg+, and 1.1 g of DNF Bloom Fortifier) at 779 ppm and 5.8 PH @ 67 f
  • PK got soaked with half strength bloom nutes and fortifier (6.18 liters with 17.5 ml each of DNF Bloom A+B, 4.5 ml of GO CaMg+, and 1 g of DNF Bloom Fortifier) at 622 ppm and 5.8 PH @ 67 f

Family pics:

LS2 at 3 days (9.46 lbs, down from 10.21 yesterday):

QP at 18 days (10.07 lbs down from 10.90 yesterday, 17.01 lbs after watering tonight):

TW at 30 days (16.89 lbs, down from 19.42 yesterday):

EM3 at 45 days (11.42 lbs down from 16.61, 23.98 after watering tonight):

Cheryl (AH) at 59 days (19.72 lbs, down from 26.38 after watering yesterday):

PK at 96 days, 31 days from flipping (22.33 lbs down from 25.34 yesterday, 35.95 after watering tonight):

Back in the tent:

July 11 (Monday) Update.

Autos: Cheryl (Amnesia Haze) is 60, Early Miss 3 is 46, Train Wreck is 31, Quarter Pounder is 19, and our second Lemon Skunk is 4 day old. They are on an 20/4 schedule and are 15-22 inches from their lights.

Photos: Purple Kush is 97 days old (day 32 since flipping to 12/12). She is 11 inches from her main light.

Temps remain in the low 81s with humidity around 52%.

• LS2 got 1.14 liters of bubbled tap water (300 ml down her stem, the rest around the edge of the pot) at 151 ppm and 5.8 PH @ 67 f
  • TW got soaked with half strength grow nutes (7.17 liters with 17.5 ml each of DNF Gro A+B and 6 ml of calmag+) at 594 ppm and 5.8 PH @ 67 f
  • AH got soaked with 75% strength bloom nutes and fortifer (5.83 liters with 22.5 ml each of DNF Bloom A+B, 5 ml of GO CaMg+, and 1 g of DNF Bloom Fortifier) at 824 ppm and 5.8 PH @ 67 f

Crazy busy day, only time for a pic dump. :)

LS2 at 4 days (8.77 lbs down from 9.46 yesterday, 11.28 lbs after watering tonight):

QP at 19 days (15.48 lbs, down from 17.01 yesterday):

TW at 31 days (15.17 lbs down from 16.89 yesterday, 30.99 lbs after watering tonight):

EM3 at 46 days (17.85 lbs, down from 23.98 yesterday):

AH at 60 days (14.36 lbs down from 19.72 yesterday, 27.22 lbs after watering tonight):

PK at 97 days, 32 days from flipping (32.51 lbs, down from 35.95 yesterday):

Back in the tent:

Back
Top Bottom