Arteekay's Second Grow - Autos & Feminized - Mixed Strains

Well worth it for us, done right and allows us to expand again. Jaybiz is chomping at the bit to get a new tent and more lights for the photos. As an IT guy, I can appreciate the beauty of the infrastructure.

Massive congrats on the Summer gig OG. :yahoo:

How could you possibly need more bud? Lol.... You're swimming in it as it is. :D

Good luck trying to convince two committed bachelors to enter into a committed relationship. Sure that blind date girl might be great, but is she "perfect"? Is perfection important? If not, isn't that settling?

To paraphrase the old adage: Behind every incredible weed is a stoner that's sick of smoking her.

Nothing perfect can last, enjoy it while it's here and keep the memories as best you can. Sure you'll run into some that are far from perfect, but that's part of the fun as well.

So I guess photos are for married men, us single guys go for the thrill of the auto.

Funny shit right here let me tell you I almost fell outta the chair laughing.... Truth, someone get this man off the podium before we make him our leader.

Hey I'm not married rtk, I just see the benefit of having a harem of ladies. If a girl is good and doesn't mind sharing, why not keep her around? You never know when you will get a craving for her!

How about this. For every photo you plant, when you top her just do what Sue is doing and try to root the top in a cup of your soil. Easy Peasy just keep them moist and under a fluorescent fixture. It's a new adventure and done on the cheap!

How could you possibly need more bud? Lol.... You're swimming in it as it is. :D

Some of it may have fallen off the truck already. :)

Funny shit right here let me tell you I almost fell outta the chair laughing.... Truth, someone get this man off the podium before we make him our leader.

How's the saying go? "If your life needs correction, don't follow my direction".

:rofl:

Hey I'm not married rtk, I just see the benefit of having a harem of ladies. If a girl is good and doesn't mind sharing, why not keep her around? You never know when you will get a craving for her!

How about this. For every photo you plant, when you top her just do what Sue is doing and try to root the top in a cup of your soil. Easy Peasy just keep them moist and under a fluorescent fixture. It's a new adventure and done on the cheap!

Married, committed relationship, same thing. But I do get your point. :)

We'll try a couple cuttings off the new Purple Kush once she's well into veg. Or maybe we should try a monstercropping of her. That'd be fun for Jaybiz to SCRoG I think.

We've only really done micro-toppings so far, not enough stem to be a clone I'd imagine.

Now that we've solved the power constraints we can open up some new doors.

Can't imagine not having an auto tent pumping out three every 70-90 days on an overlap, but I can see the benefit of not having to pop an unknown seed.

April 5 Update. Crown Royale is 97 days old, Revolver 2 is 33, Dark devil 2 is 22, and Lemon Skunk is 18 days old. CR is now 47 days since her flip to 12/12.

CR is 11-15 inches below the Spider x4, Temp is 81 and RH is 43% at the canopy, 80 and 46% at the top.

Temp for LS and R2/D2 peaked at 89 today with RH at 37% during lights on. They are on an 18/6 schedule and R2 is about 22 inches from the light, D2 is 23, and LS is 24 inches away.

Our second Dark Devil auto and the Crown Royale photo could have been watered today, but we decided to give them a day of drought to toughen 'em up. I did some adjustments on all the autos, but otherwise there wasn't much to do today. No sign of the Purple Kush yet, but I'd be wildly surprised if she did show up today. So far she's been our quickest germination.

Family pics:

CR (18.6 lbs, down from 20.6 yesterday):

R2 (13 lbs, down from 17.4 yesterday):

D2 (7.4 lbs, down from 9.2 yesterday):

After readjustments:

LS (8.2 lbs, down from 9.4 yesterday):
\\

Pulled her apart a bit:

Back in the tent:

Yep, it fell_off the back all right. When you add 32 amps to your room, it time to tear down the tents and just get 3 DE 1k's, and go big. Garden looks great guys.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Yep, it fell_off the back all right. When you add 32 amps to your room, it time to tear down the tents and just get 3 DE 1k's, and go big. Garden looks great guys.

Cheers

You're talking about 3500-4000w for 3 lights compared to his idk guessing 1000w MAX pull... He's going to notice that on his electric bill. Lol.

You wash your produce before you eat it, yes? What wouldn't you wash your buds before smoking or ingesting or vaping or making into medicinal oil? The process is swift, painless, enhances the cure and leaves the buds tasting better. There's no harm to the bud (we've had it tested) and you get rid of all the dirt and crap that sticks to the resin.

Try it once, look at the water after you're done. You'll never look back.

And welcome Crombie, to the :420: community, and to arteekay's thread. He'll welcome you himself, I just find it impossible to pass a new member without offering a friendly greeting. I do hope you're finding everything to your liking. If there's ever any way I can help you, please seek me out and ask. I'll leave you in arteekay's capable hands. Look into that budwashing more closely now.

Edit: Thanks Rifleman, I must have been pretty buzzed when I read that the first time. :laughtwo: Sorry to anyone I confused there. All corrected now. LOL!

I'll go back and finish that buzz now. :battingeyelashes:

Regarding the washing process, is this simply rinsing with water or are you using some sort of soap as well? Also is there a preferred water such as tap, filtered/boiled and what temp should it be? Sorry for the question bombs this just really peaked my curiosity.

Can't see me going HID honestly, but more and better LEDs are definitely planned.

Although admittedly, I did start thinking about what we could build rather than buy for space. Really two walls and a couple doors of some kind and we could just enclose up the whole thing.

Hmmm, probably have to be a fall/winter project.

You're talking about 3500-4000w for 3 lights compared to his idk guessing 1000w MAX pull... He's going to notice that on his electric bill. Lol.

Yeah, somewhere around there. Added about 45 bucks to the bill I think we figured out. Adding another 90 on top wouldn't be horrible, but I just don't think we can make use of what that amount of light could generate. :)

Regarding the washing process, is this simply rinsing with water or are you using some sort of soap as well? Also is there a preferred water such as tap, filtered/boiled and what temp should it be? Sorry for the question bombs this just really peaked my curiosity.

Thanks for the link Krypt, and for continuing to stick around for this journal. :high-five:

Hey sir! How's things going in the mad scientists' Automaginarium?

Bob ;)

BOB man! Where ya been bud? I gotta get over to your place and see what you've been up to.

All in all pretty good I think. We're seeing a lot of clawing on all three plants really, and the youngest two haven't had anything but tap water so far.

Thinking it could be PH, or a change in the dissolved solids in our tap water now that we're into spring-ish. Pushing through regardless of course, but might go back up to 5.8 PH instead of our usual 5.7.

I'm fighting the claw myself, agggh.

Cheers

April 6 (Wednesday) Update.

Autos: Revolver 2 is 34 days old, Dark devil 2 is 23, and Lemon Skunk is 19. Temp peaked at 87 today with RH at 42% during lights on. They are on an 18/6 schedule and are 22-24 inches from their lights.

Photos: Crown Royale is 98 days old and Purple Kush is 1. CR is 11-15 inches below the Spider x4, Temp is 80 and RH is 49% at the canopy, 79 and 52% at the top. CR is now 48 days since her flip to 12/12. PK is in the corner of the auto tent as far away from the lights as I can get 'er for today.

• CR got soaked to good runoff with full strength bloom nutes (8 liters with 35 ml each of DNF Bloom A+B, 11 ml of GO CaMg+ and 1.7 g of DNF Bloom Fortifier) at 962ppm and 5.7 PH
  • R2 got soaked with half strength grow nutes (6 liters with 18 ml each of DNF Gro A+B and 4 ml of Calmag+) at 672ppm and 5.7 PH
  • D2 got nearly soaked with 5 liters (3 liters absorbed from the bottom, 2 from the top) of bubbled tap water at 164ppm and 5.7 PH
  • LS got the exact same as D2

After two days off from doing much with them, tonight everyone needed watering. I undid all of the training on everyone to really get in on them, but there was no hope with our Second Revolver. She is just too short and bushy to really get into her. She's finally starting to stretch a bit thankfully, another week and we'll change her over to bloom nutes and defol/lollipop her as best we can.

Our second Dark Devil is just crazy strong, as soon as her bindings were released she was straight back upright in just about this shape: { }

Lemon Skunk is doing fine, nothing really interesting to report on her.

Crown Royale is planned for at least another 15 days at this stage, before a watering or two with weak nutes as our flush. She's been around so long now it'll be extremely odd to see her hanging. Can't wait. :)

PK (1.7oz from fill, now 7.6 oz from initial soaking)

LS (7.2 lbs down from 8.2 yesterday, 17 lbs after watering tonight):

D2 (6.4 lbs down from 7.4 yesterday, 17 lbs after watering tonight):

R2 (9.2 lbs down from 13 yesterday, 21.2 lbs after watering tonight):

Before she was tied back down:

CR (16.8 lbs down from 18.6 yesterday, 33.6 after watering tonight):

Back in the tent:

Nice job pushing the CR, I was wondering when you would start flushing. All looks well, great job guys.

Cheers

Nice job pushing the CR, I was wondering when you would start flushing. All looks well, great job guys.

We stunted her a bit with some rough transplants I think, so we vegged her for a few weeks longer than we'd originally hoped to. Learned a ton in the process, and she seems to be finishing quite well.

That CR is going to make for beautiful buds me thinks. All perfect in shape and size! Nice work!
Bob ;)

Thanks Bob! Great to have ya back, and awesome to read of your job's adventures. I'm really starting to get excited about the Crown. Photos are soooo sloooow. :)

I told you i'd be lurking.... :D The only person I still follow on 420mag. :thumb:

Yup, definitely remembered you saying that. Truly honored my friend.

:passitleft:

I told you i'd be lurking.... :D The only person I still follow on 420mag. :thumb:

Well, I guess I can forgive you for that. :laughtwo: At least you had the good sense to make that choice arteekay. :circle-of-love:

Ok arteekay, so part of your technique is strap them down until the tops get out past the perimeter of the pot? I'm watching closely to see how that D2 does. I need to double the yield on my next one.

May I ask, why did you choose the CR for the scrog?

April 7 (Thursday) Update.

Autos: Revolver 2 is 35 days old, Dark devil 2 is 24, and Lemon Skunk is 20. Temp peaked at 88 today with RH at 40% during lights on. They are on an 18/6 schedule and are 22-24 inches from their lights. Overnight temps were 67.

Photos: Crown Royale is 99 days old and Purple Kush is 2. CR is 11-15 inches below the Spider x4, Temp is 79 and RH is 52% at the canopy, 79 and 55% at the top, 68 overnight. CR is now 49 days since her flip to 12/12. PK is in the corner of the auto tent as far away from the lights as I can get 'er for another day.

After yesterday's marathon watering sessions, today was an observe, report, and light retraining day. Our second Dark Devil is finally starting to stretch out and perk up. Revolver is as well, but nobody is happier than our Lemon Skunk auto, despite the touch of clawing without any nutes.

Thinking of going back up to 5.8 instead of 5.7 when we're PH'ing our water. Debating...

Family pics:

CR (29.2 lbs, down from 33.6 yesterday):

R2 (16.8 lbs, down from 21.2 yesterday):

D2 (14.6 lbs, down from 17 yesterday):

LS (14.4 lbs, down from 17 yesterday):

PK (not weighed, just a frickin' solo cup, not even I'm that anal :): :

I too up'ed my feed PH to 6, now that I feed every watering I've noticed that at a PH of 6, plants are quite happy.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom