Away's Second Grow - DIY - Mars II TopLED 400W (80x5W) - 2015

IMG_41765.JPG
IMG_41776.JPG
IMG_41784.JPG

Flushed with water today... we'll see how long till she's dry, but she looks crunchy and ready to go

What do you mean when you say "crunchy" Away?

Harvest day...

Harvested the Skywalker Kush today! ;)

Here are the pictures i snapped.. (all of them after removing most fanleaves)

IMG_41884.JPG

IMG_41895.JPG
IMG_41907.JPG
IMG_41916.JPG
IMG_41927.JPG
IMG_41943.JPG
IMG_41956.JPG
IMG_41967.JPG
IMG_41979.JPG
IMG_41987.JPG
IMG_41993.JPG
IMG_42007.JPG
IMG_42016.JPG
IMG_42023.JPG

Now its just a waiting game...
Wont be checking to it till a week has passed.. its around 40-45% humid in there and even more humid outside at the moment, so will probably take more than a week.. After they 'snap' i'll trim and jar them up for another couple of weeks before tasting (hopefully.. :) )

I dont have a wet weight cause i feel like its just a misguidance to the actual produce. Rather just weigh it when i can feel that its dry enough to be smoked, that way i wont get too dissapointed ;)

Hope you're all doing great, i am atm :)

EDIT - Oh and also i have saved trims from the last harvest and this one + i have a jar full of branches from the smoke i've devoured. Gonna be making oil soon, so we'll see how that goes ^^

Congrats on the chop Away. Let me go here before anyone else notices; By any chance are you a cross-dresser? LOL

I noticed you're wearing stockings but have a pair of men arms & what looks like a pair of men's Puma sneakers in the background. It's ok, we don't care nor discriminate but I was just wondering. :laughtwo:

Congrats on the chop Away. Let me go here before anyone else notices; By any chance are you a cross-dresser? LOL

I noticed you're wearing stockings but have a pair of men arms & what looks like a pair of men's Puma sneakers in the background. It's ok, we don't care nor discriminate but I was just wondering. :laughtwo:

:rofl: !! Good eye there! :high-five:

Congrats on the harvest!!! :circle-of-love:

Hahaha :rofl::rofl:
Crack me up man... Thats my girlfriends feet, my friends shoes and my arms :) Good to know you're all so accepting though, incase i wanna wear stockings in the future :rofl:
:rofl: !! Good eye there! :high-five:

Congrats on the harvest!!! :circle-of-love:

Thank you!!! :) :high-five::circle-of-love:
Any new journal coming any time soon friend?

Careful with a week at 45%. Seems like over drying to me. I like a slow cure better. Making it crunchy is likely to stop the curing process and once you stop it does not restart.

How much humidity would you start the drying at?
And im guessing you try and lower it gradually?

I am just a newb here, but that root ball seems to be on the smaller side. Perhaps letting them dry out a bit before watering in the future might help them get some solid roots going.

I am just a newb here, but that root ball seems to be on the smaller side. Perhaps letting them dry out a bit before watering in the future might help them get some solid roots going.

I let my plants go all droopy before i water them, so i doubt that is the issue here.
I think the small rootball is more because of the massive container i used, compared to plant size.
Way too big container for the size of plant i'd say. Guess it can be hard to tell from the pictures for you guys, but it is actually a 15-16 liter bucket, where i think i might of needed around 8-9 liter pots.. maybe even smaller could have done it.

Welcome to my journal dude

Thanks man. I am usually a silent creeper. Sounds like you are doing it right, don't mind me!

Maybe in the early phase of the plants life when she was still in the tiny container, rooting, she has been too moist, and therefor smaller rootball? Could be an early mistake, for all i know.
Its only my second harvest, so i still have shakey hands :)

What I do when my humidity is low (like in winter) is dry it for only a few days until outer layer is dry but stems wet. Then transfer to paper bags that are closed and turn the buds inside there. After a few more days in the bags I transfer to jars then burp them daily until I hit 62% and use boveda packs to keep them there. Then cure for 1-2 months. Don't forget to wash the plants right after you chop them down. Wash and cure will make it so tasty and smooth.

Hahaha :rofl::rofl:
Crack me up man... Thats my girlfriends feet, my friends shoes and my arms :) Good to know you're all so accepting though, incase i wanna wear stockings in the future :rofl:
Of course! Don't forget I live in NYC, the big melting pot. If you discriminate here you'll end up miserable and alone. :laughtwo:

Thanks man. I am usually a silent creeper. Sounds like you are doing it right, don't mind me!
No need to keep silent Juan, all opinions are welcomed and encouraged here on 420mag. :welcome: to our humble community.

What I do when my humidity is low (like in winter) is dry it for only a few days until outer layer is dry but stems wet. Then transfer to paper bags that are closed and turn the buds inside there. After a few more days in the bags I transfer to jars then burp them daily until I hit 62% and use boveda packs to keep them there. Then cure for 1-2 months. Don't forget to wash the plants right after you chop them down. Wash and cure will make it so tasty and smooth.

Washing the plant :O That sounds like a nono haha. :)
I have that condition right now.. Kind of dry on the outside but still wet stems, does newspapers work? Could i wrap them in newspaper and then move them to my mason jars?

No need to keep silent Juan, all opinions are welcomed and encouraged here on 420mag. :welcome: to our humble community.

^ Yep!

Details on bud washing since you don't seem to know about it:
Bud Washing
Note there are hundreds of us in agreement and not one who has tried it has ever said it is bad and we all will never harvest unwashed again. Unwashed bud tastes gross even when grown indoors.

We use the paper bag method as well Away. Never tried newspaper but the paper bags dry the buds more evenly. Just make sure you don't over stuff them; have the buds loosely in there and gently shake the bag once a day. Here's part of a quote from my journal back in Feb.

For those of you who were interested in the paper bag drying technique it's simple.

IMG_00008857.jpg

Just fold the top once leaving it open enough to breathe and gently shake it once a day. It'll take a few days longer than hanging or drying racks but your buds will be as dry on the inside as they are on the outside.

IMG_00008862.jpg

Back
Top Bottom