Budmaster II Rocks the New MARL Osram Panels - a DIY LED Adventure

Report... I am having all kinds of issues, I have changed my feeding mid-bud.

there is a possibility I am cooking these plants with this new light but I think it is just helping me see the problems.

Like I said it is going to take time and several plants to tell what is happening

On the DIY side

I am failing there too, as I have said before I disappoint equally :cheesygrinsmiley:

I looked at PVC too heavy and hard to cut. I have been looking everywhere I go for fixture stuff

if anyone has seen 6" or 8" square plastic or thin sheet metal "duct" (as I typed duct I realized I have not checked in the HVC sections :hmmmm:) please hit me with the info

Have you considered thermoplastics? It's quite simple to make a small vacuum mold with some peg board and a shop vac. It also works for making a simple vacuum bagging for composites (fiberglass Kevlar carbon fiber etc.)

I have! I had suggested that panels be made from lighter materials!! :cheesygrinsmiley: .... but I found some ducting I am going to try.

Picture Update

This light with the new clusters is CRAZY powerful, I have to put distance

meanwhile

20141007_065039_BID_bctop.jpg
20141007_065055_sgirl.jpg
20141007_065031_BID_bc.jpg
20141007_065023_BID_bc_under.jpg
20141007_064930_plants.jpg

Hey Guys,
Sorry I'm late. I am soon going to fire up my 675, not really sure what to expect as its been a couple to a few years since Ive done anything LED, Ill be following this one closely as we have the same lamp and your so experienced buckshot, that and your specimens always look A++
Good to see ya, sorry its been so long buddy

Hey Guys,
Sorry I'm late. I am soon going to fire up my 675, not really sure what to expect as its been a couple to a few years since Ive done anything LED, Ill be following this one closely as we have the same lamp and your so experienced buckshot, that and your specimens always look A++
Good to see ya, sorry its been so long buddy

With the Osram clusters?! Oh things have changed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

today

BID blue cheese

DSC_7250_BID_bc.JPG

S Girl

Thanks for checking this thread

DSC_7246_sgirl.JPG

Well thanks for doing this journal :) everything is looking damn frosty my friend!
Have you noticed any major differences in the running temps with the GOD boards? Or in your experience are the plants consuming more water or nutrients?

Hey LA

Lets start with water... no change :cheesygrinsmiley:

The nutrients part is gonna take a another generation or two to tell, As you can see they seem to be nitrogen deficient... but it could just be the lights

edit-- I just read how foolish that last part is! LOL

Hey Buck you still looking for ideas to make a plate to hold those light clusters?? I do electronics - Tube audio amps to be exact and I make everything from scratch including the chassis. What I do is make a wooden box and have a metal top plate manufactured for me. It's the top plate that you may (or may not) be interested in. I get my top plates made for me custom and they are not expensive - WAY cheaper than I can do them myself and they look professional. You can order online as I do - all you need are dimensions and they will cut the holes the correct size too.. just an idea.

Here's the link

Online Metal Store | Small Quantity Metal Orders | Metal Cutting, Sales & Shipping | Buy Steel, Aluminum, Copper, Brass, Stainless | Metal Product Guides at OnlineMetals.com

Hope its ok to post that link for ya.. I run 500v DC inside under the top plate with grounds attached to the plate, you should have no problem doing whatever voltage (12v dc I imagine) you need there. I know you probably want to go DIY, I completely understand that approach (why I build my own audio gear) but some things are just easier and cheaper to get fabricated. I toiled with what to do about top plates for my amps for years until finally found this place - send them a drawing and they will send you a piece of metal just the way you want it. Top plate & bottom plate (paintable) - attached to a frame (I make wood frames for my amps) and hook up ...

Cheers,
bb

Hey Buck you still looking for ideas to make a plate to hold those light clusters?? I do electronics - Tube audio amps to be exact and I make everything from scratch including the chassis. What I do is make a wooden box and have a metal top plate manufactured for me. It's the top plate that you may (or may not) be interested in. I get my top plates made for me custom and they are not expensive - WAY cheaper than I can do them myself and they look professional. You can order online as I do - all you need are dimensions and they will cut the holes the correct size too.. just an idea.

Here's the link

Online Metal Store | Small Quantity Metal Orders | Metal Cutting, Sales & Shipping | Buy Steel, Aluminum, Copper, Brass, Stainless | Metal Product Guides at OnlineMetals.com

Hope its ok to post that link for ya.. I run 500v DC inside under the top plate with grounds attached to the plate, you should have no problem doing whatever voltage (12v dc I imagine) you need there. I know you probably want to go DIY, I completely understand that approach (why I build my own audio gear) but some things are just easier and cheaper to get fabricated. I toiled with what to do about top plates for my amps for years until finally found this place - send them a drawing and they will send you a piece of metal just the way you want it. Top plate & bottom plate (paintable) - attached to a frame (I make wood frames for my amps) and hook up ...

Cheers,
bb

Thank You ... + reps

I already screwed up my first cut :cheesygrinsmiley:

some swell phone pics

BID blue cheese

PART_1413451983077_IMG_20141016_053242.jpg

BID blue cheese

PART_1413452105381_IMG_20141016_053443.jpg

S Girl

PART_1413452120888_IMG_20141016_053506.jpg

:peace:

Hey Budmaster.... is the actual draw of this panel 410? or is it 2/3's of that?

Back
Top Bottom