Catman's I Hate Winter LED Auto Grow

Mind if I tag along? I can certainly identify with the Winter blahs. I battle seasonal affective disorder. Having an open closet filled with cannabis under full spectrum has definitely tempered the effects of that challenge. Don't know what I'll do if I add the LED like I've planned. No more sitting in front of the lights watching the girls grow. :laughtwo:

I guess I missed that part :rofl:
and I just noticed its in the title lol

:rofl:

it wont bloom under 18/6 fyi

There are so many different ways people do autos. Some just do 24/0 light cycle, but I thought everyone needs some rest so I stat with 20/4. I have heard the autos will build better buds with more night in their cycle, so I ran 18/6 on my last grow during bud building

They are auto flowering... They are gonna flower no matter what schedule he gives them.

LOL true true! These autos go quick too. Sometimes seems like an explosion LOL :cheesygrinsmiley:

Mind if I tag along? I can certainly identify with the Winter blahs. I battle seasonal affective disorder. Having an open closet filled with cannabis under full spectrum has definitely tempered the effects of that challenge. Don't know what I'll do if I add the LED like I've planned. No more sitting in front of the lights watching the girls grow. :laughtwo:

Welcome Sweet Sue :peace: Hope you have good luck w/LED's

:Namaste:

PS - I don't have winter blahs so much as I Truly F*cking Hate Winter! :rofl:

I put this link on someone else's journal, but I probably should of just put it up in my own. I showed this to my son and his wife last visit to educate them on the medical side of cannabis. They're 27 and still think of "stoner" when they hear about medical weed.

So I played this for them. The story goes [and I remember some of this] that this Doctor who is popular in the national media came out against medical cannabis when this was all starting to catch on. So, this Doctor gets educated himself and feels bad enough about steering the nation wrong about weed that he made this video with CNN to educate everyone about the benefits of cannabis.

WEED by Dr. Sanjay Gupta

I hope this video helps anyone who wants to educate their family, friends or community.

Happy Green Growing

:peace:

Sanja is a knob.

:rofl:

Talking heads can cause so much harm doctorate or not.
It's good he retracted his bogus rhetoric

Agreed. Nation is screwed up w/bogus rhetoric. I think he did a good job on the video - pretty persuasive IMHO. It's got that typical media "Hang on for the drama of what happens with little Charlotte" but the rest of the video has impact too.

I'm even more hyped up because the local news had a story about my states uncanny way of f*cking up medical/legal weed.

Nobody here where I live gives 2 shits about the medical benefits of weed. They say send them all to jail LOL

Man this is a really tough subject for me I don't want to flood your thread with my views on my garden layout thread I have a video I touch on the subject
I'm a medical grower in Washington state and now in order to keep growing which is my lifestyle and lively hood I must abandon all my dispensaries and patients and go recreational if I wish to continue on this path. To say the least I'm pissed!

Man this is a really tough subject for me I don't want to flood your thread with my views on my garden layout thread I have a video I touch on the subject
I'm a medical grower in Washington state and now in order to keep growing which is my lifestyle and lively hood I must abandon all my dispensaries and patients and go recreational if I wish to continue on this path. To say the least I'm pissed!

I have absolutely no idea what you're going through. All I can do is try to keep up on news blogs about medical and recreational cannabis. I've posted previously about the proposed weed legislation in my state and it sucks badder than no new legislation at all.

I honestly hope things go better for you DP. Med users could use a caring provider who knows what he's doing and takes pride in his work and can make a decent living from it. Makes a big difference over Industrial meds IMHO

I can't speak for others states proposed laws as I've not read them but I can tell you that the legalization here in Washington state is about to destroy our medical laws.

Excellent share Catman. I posted it on my journal too.

Dutty, state legislatures are the bane of existence. They all need to just get out of the way and let progress ensue. They spend too much money keeping themselves employed, and I'm convinced that the big pharma companies are behind the mess being made of medical marajuana laws. They want to be the ones growing and selling. Big money buys a lot of politicians. Big pharma companies know they are going to take a big hit on profits if we legalize, and they'll do anything to either keep that at bay or get the control for themselves.

Hopefully reason will rule in your state. I'm not holding my breath waiting on mine. Last year they let an incredibly restrictive law languish. This year, new governor with broader ideas, same legislature. A new law has been introduced, but that conservative, tight-assed legislature must still bring it up for debate. Voters don't have a clue how it really works.

People don't like to face the reality that our war on cannabis has financed our militarized law enforcement branch and our privately owned prison system, both of which have a vested interest in continuing the ridiculous war. It's going to be difficult to control those elements. There's a lot of jobs and money in play. I'd hope we can do it, but after more than 70 years we shouldn't expect it to be easy to pull off. We should be embracing the plant and building jobs in research and development. The possibilities!

I can't speak for others states proposed laws as I've not read them but I can tell you that the legalization here in Washington state is about to destroy our medical laws.

I saw your video - nice, clean, organized grow area. I saved it on youtube to watch again.

Thanks for the education DP - you know, my son, his wife and I had discussed Bellingham as a potential place to move.

It's a shame - The money grubbers never seem to care if they taint something good for the people.

Big money buys a lot of politicians. Big pharma companies know they are going to take a big hit on profits if we legalize, and they'll do anything to either keep that at bay or get the control for themselves.

yep stupid politicians and money

Yep. Agreed. Pretty much I don't have anything to add. Thanks guys for hanging out here on 420 with me during this cold cold time. I love looking at all the warm grow rooms full of life.

I was thinking back to when I was a kid and watched my (way) older sister be a trippy hippy. She was really pretty and she had a lot to say about everything (a lot was happening back then). These times remind me of that time.

This morning I'm in more of a Zen mode to where I'm just grateful I got to see the the day when all this is going on. They're calling for negative wind chills today so I'm not going out. I took the day off work.

Hang tight good people :peace:

We were blessed with temps between 15 and 17 degrees and howling (I mean howling!) winds. I'm just back from grocery shopping and still recovering from being out. I feel for you. Smart move to call off. Stay warm and cozy Catman.

We were blessed with temps between 15 and 17 degrees and howling (I mean howling!) winds. I'm just back from grocery shopping and still recovering from being out. I feel for you. Smart move to call off. Stay warm and cozy Catman.

Thanks Sweetsue - yesterday we had "blizzard like conditions" LOL which means yes there was a whiteout due to strong winds, but it didn't last the 3 hours required for a blizzard LOL. Winter just won't stop. Called off work due to illness but I didn't make that clear.

Here where I live people don't give a sh*t about cold, snow, blizzards - they just go and get stuff done. Me not so much - but I do my best - I'm fighting an MS diagnosis. Probably I just won't go back to this Dr anyway because we don't get along (I get along with most people - this guy not so much) - he's stressed due to being too busy

Hope today is warmer for you!

Update Week 5:

Got some photos while watering - humidity climbed during the snow - temps trying to be too low. Here's the closet yesterday - Ladies are now about 17' 18' from the lights now. temps seem to get as low as 66.

Closet_2_.jpg

The canopies are still uneven, but better than if I didn't train down the tops

WK_5_46_.jpg

WK_5_47_.jpg

Nice start to flowering, but nodes are not so close together - I won't complain - we'll see what happens

WK_5_34_.jpg

Lower fan leaf from Penny the Pineapple Express - I snapped some off from the bottom of each plant to make watering easier and to help the soil dry better

Leaves_5_.jpg

The PE has looked purely Indica up to this point. Now that she's started to flower her leaves look more Stavia like at the top. CC is staying the same - her main stem is really thick and trunk like now.

I see from catching up on some journals that storms with strong winds are happening all over. Hope everyone out there is warm, dry and safe

Back
Top Bottom