COorganics TLO BG SCRoG - HPS+MH

Here are the 2 BG clones I recently got, (gifted from a non Dispensary source)
I had topped them and now they are starting to boom! Gonna have lots of Mini scroggy branches here. Both of these are gonna have to flower too when ever I flip the SLH, I don't want to run out of weed. Ever.
image7534.jpg

Here is one of the original BG clones that I was going to use for this journal. I think I should bring it in the other room and veg/train it huge too.

image7535.jpg

Temps and RH are not anything like perfect up here as u can see. But it's not as bad as I have had it before. I think when I flip I can put humidifier on 2 timers, one for lights on only, other on/off every 30 min. Ill play around with that before I do it.

I'm sick today just home reading one of my newest books, Teaming with Nutrients by Jeff Lowenfels.

This is a great read so far, although tuff. Have to go back read, reread, etc. first chapter is all about cells. Not my prefered topic to study, but helping me understand my fav plant better.

This is not an MJ book, rather its billed as The organic gardner's guide to optimizing plant nutrition. I'm thinking this is gonna tie in to mineralizing organic soil, HB. The first couple chapters seem intimidating to me, plant cells and chemistry, but ill get through it, knowledge is power.

Thanks chronic. It's a wee bit much for me. I read instructional type books several times typically, learning new things out of a book each time. Lol I'm still on the cells here, can't wait to be past the first 2 chapters. Hour here, hour there ya know?

Chronic weekend back at ya.

When I returned to college as an old man I studied human metabolism. It's a complicated subject. So is plant metabolism. A student starts out with with the basics like cell anatomy, basic genetics, etc in general biology class. Then they study lots of general chemistry, organic chemistry, and biochemistry to understand what goes on at the atomic and molecular level; as well as anatomy and physiology. Other courses deal with the relationship between environment, genetics, epigenetics and the chemistry principals. There are other courses too, psychology, communications, english and math - but about 75% of a four year degree is the biology and chemistry. A four year degree in human metabolism and nutrition and you still don't know half of it.

All of that gives me a big leg-up when investigating plant biology. There are differences, but also many similarities. Lots of experiments that can't be ethically done on humans are done on mice and rats, for example, but mice and rats are not humans. A turnip is also not a cannabis plant. Many plant species have been expensively and extensively studied. That is not true of cannabis. The prohibition makes research difficult.

The more you learn and understand human metabolism, the more frightening reading on-line forums about body building or dieting trends becomes. There is a huge volume of "information" that is misguided, inaccurate, and just plain wrong. There is also good information to be found. The problem is separating the good from the bad. The lion's share of participants are not able to do so.

For all practical purposes, this is a body building forum for cannabis plants.

Was thinking about that last post. It comes off as a slam against this friendly community. I find lots of support and good information here! The point is, it may be hard material to study when you start reading about botany, but it goes a long way to helping separate the good information from the bad.

I spent years in the gym, starting as a middle aged man, and I read Muscle&Fitnes magazine to learn what I was doing.

Your comment reminds me, and brings a wry smile to my face. I learned a lot from that mag, but the ads for products were wild and insane, and the pictures were freaky.

A guy just has to recognize the nonsense and use the good info. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I spent years in the gym, starting as a middle aged man, and I read Muscle&Fitnes magazine to learn what I was doing.

Your comment reminds me, and brings a wry smile to my face. I learned a lot from that mag, but the ads for products were wild and insane, and the pictures were freaky.

A guy just has to recognize the nonsense and use the good info. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Exactly! One of my associates is defending his doctoral thesis today. The guy is absolutely ripped from gym activity. The associate and I were chewing the fat with the department chair last week. The chair was reminiscing about when she had the student in her class as an undergrad. "He was so into bodybuilding and just wanted to eat lots of protein. It's amazing to see how he's evolved in his thinking."

The associate has a bachelors in exercise physiology, a masters in nutrition and dietetics, and is going to get his doctorate in biochemistry. He's an impressive individual. You can imagine how effective my associate would be as a personal trainer compared to some stooge who does "personal training" at Planet Fitness... That's not going to happen because he is pursuing a research track.

Knowledge is power. CoOrg may find some of the stuff he's reading hard to digest, but the more background you get in the early going the more fascinating it becomes. Read on!

Looking good CO, that room will be full of green soon. I'm going through my organic book right now for some info on trying some stimulating organic teas that i can full feed like once a week... I really need to reinforce my nutrients in the soil using the CO2.. it just rapes the soil of goodies so fast, it comes back but it takes time....

I actually was recently gifted a co2 regulator, and I have a home type ppm meter. I am wondering if I should try it. I really don't want to, I've been of the school of thought that co2 is for hydro dudes... Idk

teas help process organic matter and minerals already in your soil. My idea of how it works anyway. So if your soil is depleted top dress, then use teas. Should be the ticket.

Back
Top Bottom