Crawdaddy's 4'X4' Grow Tents w/Mars II 240X5W LED

Great setup bro! Can we have some pics of that monster LED in action? Pleease? :):riskybusiness:

Well i need to change setting on my camera, cause it is so BRIGHT!!! Hurst my eyes too, I use some cheap ass welding glasses i bought off amazon when light on and tent open. even then it still messes with my vision for a bit after.

And this light is beefy, at least 40 lbs and solid if not more....if it falls ur plants are crushed.

Anyhow, with white balance...
DSCN13437.JPG
DSCN13447.JPG
DSCN13477.JPG

Without white balance...
DSCN13458.JPG
DSCN13467.JPG

no it isn't normal
as far as my roots go the ones witht he organic roots look brown because of my nutes
I run one or two once in awhile with a different nute and the color it takes is the color of the res water
im gonna assume from whatever dye or coloring they use in it
most people that don't use organic nutes on hydro for various reasons always show white roots if not it may be root rot whats res temps running at? how often do you clean do res changes?

Subscribed! I've just ordered the same lights so will be interesting to see how you get on :)

I'm not an expert just yet lol but is there enough oxygen getting to your roots. Could it be possible that this brown is early stages of root rot?

Anyone with hydro experience answer question for me please....

in this pic, the top of the roots look brown, I think this is where they maybe touching air between res and media container. Is this what it is and is this normal?

Hs_roots.jpg

Thanks!

Looks to me like there's similarly rust-colored stuff on the bottom of the basket and pipe as well? Could it be algae or maybe the Hydroton wasn't rinsed thoroughly enough?

no it isn't normal
as far as my roots go the ones witht he organic roots look brown because of my nutes
I run one or two once in awhile with a different nute and the color it takes is the color of the res water
im gonna assume from whatever dye or coloring they use in it
most people that don't use organic nutes on hydro for various reasons always show white roots if not it may be root rot whats res temps running at? how often do you clean do res changes?

Well the overall slightly off white of most of the roots is about the same color as the water, it an off brown after all the nutes. I change the res water completely once a week and rinse out the res.

What I am/was worried about is the very top of the roots seem darker brown, and this is where they could be in air if i do not top off res every few hours.

Subscribed! I've just ordered the same lights so will be interesting to see how you get on :)

I'm not an expert just yet lol but is there enough oxygen getting to your roots. Could it be possible that this brown is early stages of root rot?

The air pump is running 24/7. I hope it not root rot, if so I have no idea how to deal with it

Looks to me like there's similarly rust-colored stuff on the bottom of the basket and pipe as well? Could it be algae or maybe the Hydroton wasn't rinsed thoroughly enough?

The basket and pipe came that color, not sure on the algea, but I did wash the hyrdoton pretty good.

How is the heat situation with those LEDs?

None as of now, but it winter, I just have a window in the room tents in cracked, other wise I have no active venting form the room I have 3 tents in, this one, another with the Top LED COB+UFO supplemental, and a third with DS200. Plus I have a t5/Ds100 in the closet. And I have the window only open 2 inchs with jusy passive exchange. In summer probably going to have to get A/C cause no central A/C, but hopefully not a big one and only run on real warm days. There is some heat of course, but nothing like an HPS that puts out that much light.

Gotta love LED's :goodjob:

I agree LED's rock. The one slight negative I have experienced is the buds do not get as big, but they denser. That and the brightness need to wear eye protection if tent open and light on.

is it slimy?
try rinsing it off
shouldn't matter if its in the air as long as theres no light in there
Happy Skunkday Crawdad :thumb:

I might check it out more at next res change for now not worried cause plant doing great!!

Pic updates in a few days. starting to see beginnings of buds, the 6 in airpot experiment do not stretch very much. The Hawaiian Snow in Waterfarm is getting large.

as long as its doing good I wouldn't worry watch the roots tho
Happy Munchday Crawdad :thumb:

Time for an update on the ladies, nothing too formal, did not pull them out or anything, just some shots with light on and white balance.....

flower day 10

Starting to show some sexy bits, none of these plants have been molested besides a minor defol. Trying ot see how they grow on there own...
DSCN13548.JPG

Here some shots of the 6 plants in the airpot experiment, all 3 strains(2 of each) do not have much stretch in them.
DSCN13558.JPG
DSCN13562.JPG

DSCN13573.JPG
DSCN13585.JPG
DSCN13595.JPG
DSCN13607.JPG

The Brainstorm, this plant got tall fast.
DSCN13618.JPG
DSCN13625.JPG

And of course the favorite, the Hawaiian Snow in Waterfarm, first attempt at hydro is going well so far. This plant is healthy as can be(just a few VERY slightly burned tips), HUGE fan leaves and interesting branching pattern, grows more out at first then up, the bottom branches grow basically horizontal.
DSCN136310.JPG
DSCN13657.JPG
DSCN13645.JPG

Back
Top Bottom