Cultivators Play Pen

taylor i think u are going bout it the wrong way bro. i also use 'submersible' pumps but they dont need to be submersed. u want ur 4 pots and a bucket the same size, i'll try get a picture or do a diagram on how to set it up mate. u really dont need or want a 60litre res, u will be wasting nutes.

Hi Cult, how's life mate? Trust all is good in your own, personal Garden of Eden :)
Quick question if I may........my girls sprouted 17 days ago, should I be looking at using nutes yet? I've been keeping the coco damp with a pipette dripping de-ionized water but NO nutes as of yet. Cheers in advance buddy :) :Namaste::peace:

I'm no cultivator but I'm sure you'd be fine to start giving 1/2 strength to 75% nuteage. I actually start at 100% after day 14

Hi Doc, thanks for your input but, no disrespect meant, I really want to hear Cults advice buddy :)

Oz it really goes off looking at the plants. What brand of coco did u use? just some have starter feed in. I would go half strength and watch how plants react then over 2 weeks build it to full strength. In coco dont let it dry out completely but what i like to every 14 days in veg is give quarter strength nutes then allow to dry out 75% Then feed with full strength, it gives the plant a nice boost. I do the sam in flower but at specific times but we'll get into that when u flower. So just go half strength now. Are u using voodoo juice or any other root enhancers like roots excellurator, guardian angel?

Hi mate...thanks or the reply buddy. I'm using Canna Coco....not the Canna Pro, just Coco Natural. The only nutes I have are Canna A+B, Canna Rhizotonic, Canna PK13/14 and Superthrive. The seedlings are still in their first pots which are 1/2 litre in volume. Because I'm going to do LA's Flux style I'll transplant them straight into their final pots (which may be recycling bins lol)
Thanks again my mate :)

Mate i know its tempting to want to do specific techniques when u grow but i really think u should go through this cycle with little interference as possible. training is great for plants but im of the mind that u must start with the basics so u have a foundation upon which to build. I think it would be more beneficial for u to let them grow out with just a little defoliation, that way you will see how the plant grows before training and then train next time so u have a guide to what and where u can improve. Its so tempting to want to do do much, especially when u are new to growing. U will still get good results with out training and a faster turn around. Its upto u mate but trust me, i help so many people outside this forum, i basically get paid to fix peoples errors. i find lots people djust trying to mess about before they have even grown a plant out from scratch, which usually leads to problems. Im sure u are capable especially with the guidance u can get from this site, but i'd just use this grow as a basic learning curve to start. I'd change alot of things in ur grow, but ive only learnt that through my own time growing what works best and what doesnt. But u have enough to get through this grow, then we should start talking about the type of coco, nutes, lighting, advanced training etc. I hope u see where im coming from? I know u going to ignore the advice anyway lol!

So as for nutes go 2ml/litre A+B that should be fine and add full strength rhizo. Be certain to set ph to 5.8 especially when u add rhizo as it bumps ph right up. U dont really need the superthrive but maybe once per week or once per 2 weeks do a feed with that added, dont use it every feed. The only other thing i would say is to buy a quality boost mate. Go with dutch pro explode, i guarantee u'll get a result. The PK isnt enough as a boost in flower. the dutch pro explode is about £60 for a litre but it goes a long way and is very simple to use, no need to mix anything else in the mix other than ur A+B. Its worth the money mate, trust me.

also the pump i have is a submersable 1, i really have no idea how to set it up im just trying to figure out how it should be done, and make sure its done right the first time, your one of the best growers in dwc and in general on this site so i appreciate all the info n help your giving me mate

Ok so ive drawn a little diagram for u, let me know if u understand it as my drawing skills arent the best. This is def the best way to set up RDWC. I havent had a chance to get a pic of a set up, but if u youtube RDWC diy im certain u'll see what the drawing shows. Its so simple to set up!

20131121_103004.jpg

So i will fully document 'grow 2' in this journal also. Im having root issues with my DWC and they will prob end up small plants with a couple oz each. Thought about pulling them and starting again but i thought it would be better to show what happens when it isnt perfect. I realised the main issue bumping the water temps up was the air pump i was using, its far too powerfull for 8 buckets and because i was only running 8 lines the pump was overheating and that heat was warming water. Ive changed the pump and now its fine but the damage is done, its all about damage limitation now. Update tomorro on 'grow 1'.

Ok so i transplanted 12 cuts yesterday, a mix of AMS, Trainwreck and Ice. The cuts are a little sickly but they will be fine in a day or so. I'll add another 6 cuts when they have finished rooting, so thats 9 plants per 1000w light. They are vegging under 1000w mh now. Temps are 74f and lights are on 24/7. I dont usually veg 24/7 but at lights out there is a huge temp drop so i will have to get a heater to use to keep temps stable at night. 24/7 will be good for now though.

20131120_140352.jpg
20131120_134047.jpg
20131120_134039.jpg
20131120_134058.jpg
20131120_134104.jpg

Ive used Atami Bcuzz coco. Its a nice clean coco, very fine with no lumps are thick bits in. It has been ph set at ph6 and has a weak starter feed in. I will let the cuts just have ph'd water ph5.8 for the next week and then i will start adding nutes. Nutes will be Advanced Nutrients PH perfect 3 part, Voodoo juice, cannazym, guardian angel, liquid seaweed and b-52 for veg, used at different times throughout veg. I will talk about my nute mix in my weekly updates of this grow.

20131120_134942.jpg

Mate i know its tempting to want to do specific techniques when u grow but i really think u should go through this cycle with little interference as possible. training is great for plants but im of the mind that u must start with the basics so u have a foundation upon which to build. I think it would be more beneficial for u to let them grow out with just a little defoliation, that way you will see how the plant grows before training and then train next time so u have a guide to what and where u can improve. Its so tempting to want to do do much, especially when u are new to growing. U will still get good results with out training and a faster turn around. Its upto u mate but trust me, i help so many people outside this forum, i basically get paid to fix peoples errors. i find lots people djust trying to mess about before they have even grown a plant out from scratch, which usually leads to problems. Im sure u are capable especially with the guidance u can get from this site, but i'd just use this grow as a basic learning curve to start. I'd change alot of things in ur grow, but ive only learnt that through my own time growing what works best and what doesnt. But u have enough to get through this grow, then we should start talking about the type of coco, nutes, lighting, advanced training etc. I hope u see where im coming from? I know u going to ignore the advice anyway lol!

So as for nutes go 2ml/litre A+B that should be fine and add full strength rhizo. Be certain to set ph to 5.8 especially when u add rhizo as it bumps ph right up. U dont really need the superthrive but maybe once per week or once per 2 weeks do a feed with that added, dont use it every feed. The only other thing i would say is to buy a quality boost mate. Go with dutch pro explode, i guarantee u'll get a result. The PK isnt enough as a boost in flower. the dutch pro explode is about £60 for a litre but it goes a long way and is very simple to use, no need to mix anything else in the mix other than ur A+B. Its worth the money mate, trust me.

Mate I really appreciate all your help, time and advice. I will take it too :) I think I'll let some just grow but I will also try training some too. I know it sounds shit but, for personal reasons, I do need to hit certain yield targets lol. Fan and shit have met each other if you know what I mean lol :) Looks like I'll be putting the Mrs on the corner so I can get the Dutch Pro (certain irony there lol)
Thanks again mate. I'll keep you updated :peace:

DSCN30033.JPG
so this is how i had originally planned to do the rdwc cult, the water pumps from the main res into each pot, in the pot im gonna have 13mm pipe fixed around the outer edge with holes around so that the water sprays creating more oxygen and each pot has a tap fitted incase anything happens and a plant needs to be removed for any reason, you think this idea would work? cheers for all the help mukker

Its not how i would do it mate. u are using the pump to push the water instead of pull the water, u wont get the same amount of water pressure and the pump will have to work harder. u could put taps in the design i showed u. a system similar to this is the route i'd take

ALIEN 8 POT RDWC HYDROPONIC SYSTEM DEEP WATER CURRENT DWC CULTURE not iwsr

01502.jpg

Id mimick that without the main res.

Hi mate, sorry to be a pain in the arse but should I still use Rhizo even though I've germ'd from seed ? Just want to be 100% certain lol :) Also, how often should I feed ? :peace::Namaste:

Yeah, rhizo will get the roots mint. I cant remember what the mix is on that off the top of my head but its safe to go full strength straight away. I'd add that every feed in veg.

Thanks again mate. I've knocked up 2ltrs with full strength Rhizo and half strength A+B :). Should I "feed" them every second day or just twice a week? :peace:

Back
Top Bottom