DIY Stealth Cab, Hydro, LED & Multiple Strains in Small Space - Oh Boy!

Yes from the looks of things cubes are saturated with not enouph 02...If things pursist I would pull the cube out and just sit it on top of the perlight and pull the cube apart a little to make it more airy.Not to much to break roots just a little.Then with out watering place some type of humidity dome over the plant so plant will feed threw its leaves.You should have moisture bubbles on the humidity dome and show the plant is getting the right amount of moisture...Also temps may be much at 80.70 is best for rooting cloans IMO.When the roots start to grow out of the rock wool then burry them in the perlight...If this were my lady this is what I would do and have done and works for me.May I ask what nutes you are using or have for your grow...I would recomend feeding any nutes that produce root growth and health.When rooting I use fox farm big bloom but there are other products.

You're probably right they were sick already & it just maybe that she can't take the Hempy bucket! Remember, when you have problems to start, any stress can f them up. I just think it is a continuation of what was going on & Hempy may have stressed but would only be enhancing issues already there! Glad you ordered the Clearex, very good stuff! Hopeful, she comes back around but research the terms I gave you & maybe someone out there has a voodoo spell that might help. Talk to ya soon, ~H~

Yes from the looks of things cubes are saturated with not enouph 02...If things pursist I would pull the cube out and just sit it on top of the perlight and pull the cube apart a little to make it more airy.Not to much to break roots just a little.Then with out watering place some type of humidity dome over the plant so plant will feed threw its leaves.You should have moisture bubbles on the humidity dome and show the plant is getting the right amount of moisture...Also temps may be much at 80.70 is best for rooting cloans IMO.When the roots start to grow out of the rock wool then burry them in the perlight...If this were my lady this is what I would do and have done and works for me.May I ask what nutes you are using or have for your grow...I would recomend feeding any nutes that produce root growth and health.When rooting I use fox farm big bloom but there are other products.

Or, that's right DM Zone!! ~H~

Guys,

Thanks...I've taken Turrtle's recommendation and removed the cube from the perlite, gave it a couple of light squeeses on each edge to force some air in, and put it on top of the perlite with a ziplock back covering it. I didn't put any holes in the back, but there's plenty of open space since I didn't zip it all the way.

Here she is right now:

2011-01-25_HELP_02.jpg

I have GH Micro/Grow/Bloom as well as AN Micro/Grow/Bloom/Bud Candy/Big Bud/Overdrive but been using GH Nutes only so far. Also have Superthrive which I've been adding. The DM Zone and Clearex will be here in 4-5 days.

I do have some 3% H2O2. How would you suggest I use it for a flush? What ratio should I mix?

Or, that's right DM Zone!! ~H~

DM ZONE is a root flush sanitizer.This is not giving your plants the additives or any benneficiarys to promote healthy root growth.This is best to leach out salt or any slime in your hempy or bubbler.I am thinking of something more like bio roots(General Organics Bio Root Qt. Bio Root is a natural plant growth supplement that helps plants establish healthy and vibrant root systems. It contains plant and mineral derived organic acids and humates that encourage profuse root development. Bio Root is outstanding for seedlings and cuttings as well as all phases of plant growth. Use Bio Root with all types of plants growing in all kinds of garden soils and potting mixes. Works with all plant foods.):peace:

2011-01-25_HELP_02.jpg

I have GH Micro/Grow/Bloom as well as AN Micro/Grow/Bloom/Bud Candy/Big Bud/Overdrive but been using GH Nutes only so far. Also have Superthrive which I've been adding. The DM Zone and Clearex will be here in 4-5 days.

I do have some 3% H2O2. How would you suggest I use it for a flush? What ratio should I mix?[/QUOTE]

I would poke some holes in the bag and also unzip the bottom.IMO the goal is to capture the moisture that is evaperating from the pot but at the same time you want a good mixture of moisture and oxygen.

With the h202 I think a safe starting point would be 2 tsp to a gallon.

UPDATE: I just mixed a one gallon flush solution with 2 tsp. of 3% H2O2, 6ml of hygrozyme, and 1 drop of Superthrive. PH'd the solution at 6.06. Poured about 1 qt. of this directly over the cube and very base of the plant until there was steady run-off, then covered back in the plastic bag and put back in veg chamber. I'll update later today when/if I see any changes.

H, sorry about the Hygrozyme, but when the DMGZ gets here, I'll throw it out! :)

You have hydrozyme:)
P1012166.JPG

Yeah...I forgot to mention it b/c Chrgrs hates it w/ Hydro. He basically has me sold on the Dutch Masters Gold Zone, but since it's on hand, I was sure it wasn't going to make things worse at this point! :grinjoint:

DM ZONE is a root flush sanitizer.This is not giving your plants the additives or any benneficiarys to promote healthy root growth.This is best to leach out salt or any slime in your hempy or bubbler.I am thinking of something more like bio roots(General Organics Bio Root Qt. Bio Root is a natural plant growth supplement that helps plants establish healthy and vibrant root systems. It contains plant and mineral derived organic acids and humates that encourage profuse root development. Bio Root is outstanding for seedlings and cuttings as well as all phases of plant growth. Use Bio Root with all types of plants growing in all kinds of garden soils and potting mixes. Works with all plant foods.):peace:

Gold Range ZONE

TANK ADDITIVE - USAGE INSTRUCTIONS

All Black Bottle product usage instructions are the same as the equivalent Gold Range product usage instructions.

Available in:
1 Litre, 5 Litres

Use From Beginning Of Grow To The End Of Flower.
Is Your Root Zone Fully Optimised — It could be with Gold Range ZONE!
Is Your Growth Restricted By Sub-Optimal Roots?
Help Your Plants Take Up To 100% Of The Nutrients You Feed Them!
Gold Range ZONE Works With All Nutrients, In All Systems And All Mediums!
We all know that fast growing plants have a big demand for food and water but were you aware of the fact that if your root zone system is not fully optimized, then your plants might be missing out on the ability to uptake all that they need? Trusted around the world by countless growers, Gold Range ZONE ensures that your root system and environment are optimized to help your plants take up to 100% of what they need - all of the time! Forget the enzymes and forget the beneficial bacteria.

Gold Range ZONE has been specially formulated by our Plant Physiology & Biochemistry scientists for use as a full time maintenance program outperforming everything in its class and is your frontline tool of choice for the ultimate root zone environment! Don't leave your root zone in the hands of just any product. Choose the one trusted by thousands of growers worldwide. Choose Gold Range ZONE!

Gold Range ZONE is designed specifically for use with all growing media and its high performance action performs equally well in any grow system — truly universal! Try it today and see just how important your Optimised Root Zone is when looking for that bumper crop!

Not a flush & not just sanitzer, it is a root zone optimizer, period!!~H~

Picture_03213.jpg
Picture_03118.jpg
Picture_03017.jpg

Need I say More!~H~

Different strokes for different folks.Im not one to argue with whats better there just 2 differnt things I use mostly organics different ball park and my root davelopment just off one plant is much more abundant and feathery than that.But good job your root system looks nice and healthy.Endive has been using just h202 and his results are the same$$:reading420magazine:

One of the things I found interesting was that all four of the plants I received we pretty well developed. You can tell by the size of the stalks/trunks in the early pics. But, there was almost no roots showing outside the rockwool cubes. I would have expected much more roots for the development of those plants and there's definately NO way a root system like either of the ones you guys posted would fit in one of those cubes! I need to get those roots coaxed out of the cubes and into the res before I see that kind of development.:morenutes:

Different strokes for different folks...

I agree 100%! One of the great things about 420 is that you can share ideas here, find out what's worked for different (cool) people, and then over time, develop your own growing style.

I agree 100%! One of the great things about 420 is that you can share ideas here, find out what's worked for different (cool) people, and then over time, develop your own growing style.
Yes sir...I also agree 100%.Many different techniques and products I enjoy the knowledge from every grower that shares there inpute.I am always learning and its much appreciated.:passitleft:

UPDATE: No noticable improvement in the wilting plant, although as some of the leaves have wilted, I do see some white flowers, so this girl was definately in flower. Maybe some of this has to do with stress from being taken out of flower and put back in veg?

Well, if it isn't stress for her, it's certainly been causing stress for me and have spent most of the day dealing with the one hurting plant rather than updating on the stuff that's doing well, so figured I'd add some positive light to this grow. :)

Here's the PE started in rockwool. Like I said, really what I'd expect a seedling to look like after a couple of days and much taller out of the cube than ANYTHING I started in STG:

2011-01-25_Pina_01.jpg

2011-01-25_Pina_02.jpg

The cotyledon on the LS* that had the deformity (germinated in STG!) broke off where the deformity was, but the plant almost looks healthy. It's leaves are tiny and were tough to photograph, but you can actually see her first TWO sets of leaves forming:

2011-01-25_Lucy_01.jpg

2011-01-25_Lucy_02.jpg

The plant I've been calling a Royal Haze (but now think it's the Kush, since it's more indica looking) that I spread open to LST is just starting to form some new growth:

2011-01-25_RH_01.jpg

2011-01-25_RH_02.jpg

Finally, the plant I've been calling the Kush (now think it's the haze!) that I LST'd in a spiral is filling in nice and new growth is a nice dark color and not that lime green:

2011-01-25_AK_01.jpg

2011-01-25_AK_02.jpg

2011-01-25_AK_03.jpg

The last one in the hempy is going fine, too, I just didn't want to move the waterfarms to be able to photo it :)

Thanks for everyone's help!

Speaking of stress for me...we just lost power for the last couple of hours. It's stress enough that I was worried about the girls, but to have the vape not work with power out was just too much to bear! :roorrip:

Different strokes for different folks.Im not one to argue with whats better there just 2 differnt things I use mostly organics different ball park and my root davelopment just off one plant is much more abundant and feathery than that.But good job your root system looks nice and healthy.Endive has been using just h202 and his results are the same$$:reading420magazine:

If you had read my thread then you would know this was only after hardly any roots, total water mold/rot issues, & using H2O2 + Hygrozyme that only made it worse; then 2 weeks of DM ZONE & tada!! Snowy roots. Have updated root photos on my thread. ~H~

Back
Top Bottom