DIY Stealth Cab, Hydro, LED & Multiple Strains in Small Space - Oh Boy!

Nitrogen Toxicity:
Leaves are often dark green and in the early stages abundant with foliage. If excess is severe, leaves will dry and begin to fall off. Root system will remain under developed or deteriorate after time. Fruit and flower set will be inhibited or deformed.

With breakdown of vascular tissue restricting water uptake. Stress resistance is drastically diminished.

ndef1.jpg

Look & sound familular? Hope it is going better, ~H~

Krip,

You are correct in your correction. The paler green plan with the narrow leaves is definitelly the sativa Haze.

JC, Thanks...I was pretty sure that was the case once I did some research on the strains and found out which one was the sativa. The leaves on that haze are definately sativa.

Yeah...I forgot to mention it b/c Chrgrs hates it w/ Hydro. He basically has me sold on the Dutch Masters Gold Zone, but since it's on hand, I was sure it wasn't going to make things worse at this point! :grinjoint:
LOL yeah he does get pretty flamed up along with flaming everyone in his path when it comes to any hint of hydrozyme.Ow well lol I am sure we can all still get along..But any way yeah I agree the dutch master gold zone may work better with your choice of nutes.I dont know much about dutch master products.But since this is his prefered nute program it only makes sence to stick with it.

LOL yeah he does get pretty flamed up along with flaming everyone in his path when it comes to any hint of hydrozyme.Ow well lol I am sure we can all still get along..But any way yeah I agree the dutch master gold zone may work better with your choice of nutes.I dont know much about dutch master products.But since this is his prefered nute program it only makes sence to stick with it.

I agree! I appreciate both of you guys (and everyone else!) looking out for me. You two just disagree about hygrozyme, which is cool. You guys just need to mellow a little and smoke a fat one together.

I did a lot of research before I purchased the hygrozyme and have seen plenty of people in hydro swear by it, so I totally understand where you're coming from.

H had issues when he was using hygrozyme and the only thing that was able to help him was the DMGZ, so I understand where he's coming from.

I wouldn't expect either one of you to change what's working for you, so you guys just need to make friends NOT converts!

We should all be able to respect each other's successful growing style, even if it doesn't match our own and should always be getting new ideas and learning.

I certainly don't want to be the cause of any issues, so let's all play nice and have fun with our hobby! :passitleft:

UPDATE: No noticable changes today. Flushed all four of the donated plants again. PPM's have still been rising, but not as bad after that last flush. The two seedlings are holding their own, but the LS* still looks under developed (thanks STG!). I really don't think the wilting Kush is going to make it, so it's more of an experiment/challenge to see if I can keep her alive and get her thriving again. I figure it's good experience for the future. Since she probably won't make it, I'm going to try to take a clone (just one for now) from the healthier Kush so if something happens to it, at least I can keep the strain going.

Oh...almost forgot...last night I put the permaflect film up on one wall of the veg chamber. I haven't had the time (or the room!) to do the rest of it yet, but will most likely finish it this weekend. I also raised the lights just a few inches to increase the coverage area to allow all the plants to get some light.

I'm guessing it will be another two weeks before I see the two in the waterfams getting healthy enough, and the LST filling in enough, to put them into flower. Maybe I'll get a nice surprise and can do it next weekend, but all seems to be going slow at this point.

I appreciate all the help!

I really don't think the wilting Kush is going to make it, so it's more of an experiment/challenge to see if I can keep her alive and get her thriving again.

Krip, I think I may have figured out why your new plant went south shortly after you received it. It came in a 4x4" rockwool cube with the plastic still on the sides, correct? I remember you mentioning that it was odd for a plant so large to have it's roots contained such a small cube. I suspect that your friend may have been stacking his rockwool (cube was on top of larger slab) and he just cut the cube off before he brought it over to you. Your wilting symptoms may be the result of trauma caused by a significant loss of root mass. Or not. :smokin:

Krip, I think I may have figured out why your new plant went south shortly after you received it. It came in a 4x4" rockwool cube with the plastic still on the sides, correct? I remember you mentioning that it was odd for a plant so large to have it's roots contained such a small cube. I suspect that your friend may have been stacking his rockwool (cube was on top of larger slab) and he just cut the cube off before he brought it over to you. Your wilting symptoms may be the result of trauma caused by a significant loss of root mass. Or not. :smokin:

That something to think about, something none of us thought of, nice call jcool.

JC, that makes a lot of sense! My buddy actually picked them up for me from a friend of his. I believe his friend was about to throw them out, so anything is possible! I know they weren't the healthiest plants he had, that's for sure!

UPDATE: I took a clone from the one healthy (or, at least healthier!) Kush this morning so if anything happens to that plant, I won't lose the strain. The Afghan Kush is supposed to be a great smoke. I cut the bigger fan leaves & have the clone under a humidity dome, but took it off for the pic:

AK01.jpg

The LS* that had the deformity is coming along, but looks a little strange. The cotyledon basically broke off where the deformity was, and the first set of leaves appear stunted (maybe, it's a quick replacement cotyledon! LOL!) and it's already working on it's second set (which are also small, at least right now):

LS01.jpg

The PE seedling is coming along nicely...leaning a little, but the stem is nice & strong and I have a fan blowing in the chamber which should help strengthen the stem. If it starts getting top-heavy, I'll use a paper clip to support it:

PE01.jpg

Not much change in the others to speak of, but I will be changing res's again tomorrow, so I'll try to get some shots of the others then.

Happy Harvests!

The more I have thought about this, the more obvious it has become that this is exactly what happened. Great call JC +Reps!

When I look at the size of some of those stalks (TRUNKS!) there's no way any where near all the roots to support it could be in those cubes!

So, now I'm half way expecting the others to follow suit soon, although I do still see what appears to be new growth.

Should I still try to rescue these ladies or should I just take clones while they are healthy and grow out the clones and scrap the plants?

If I should try to rescue, what (without bickering, please! :) ) would be the best course of action?

H, ya think the DMGZ can bail me out of this one? :grinjoint:

IMOP What I would do if they were my plants is focus my attention on root creating an environment in which promotes root growth.Happy roots equals happy plants.An environment that promotes root growth would be high humidity.And IMO I would pick up some nutes that promote root growth.No brand in particular...But something that focuses on root davelopment.Fox Farm big bloom or bio roots but is an organic with earthwarm castings and quanos roots love this stuff but is thick and dirty.I think another one that is made of plant base organics would be green fuse root stimulator.I have herd good things about the green fuse but have not used it.I think Irish uses green fuse bloom and he always grows monsters and he is a pretty smart guy when it comes to mj .:peace:

ps less is more and patience is key.I am pooling for them ladies and sending good vibes your way

Thanks man...the DMGZ that's on its way is specifically for root growth and I've been using Superthrive, also, which I think will help. I'm just skeptical that they can lose that much roots and still survive. I guess the longer we make it without them dying, the more of a chance there is for them to pull through. Keeping fingers crossed!

K~ I am going to let you ask W~ what he thinks & he has only been using 3 days!! Yes I do think it will help. But opinions are like assholes, everyone has one!!! LOL! I can tell you one thing the are the only nutes that I've every seen anyone try to copy & put on ebay!! Someone right now, today is trying to sell dry product on Ebay saying same as DM without the water!! Whatever!! Here one of them through this link!

Dutch Golden Flower One Hydroponic Nutrient master gold - eBay (item 260674133184 end time Feb-03-11 08:thedoubletake:23 PST)

By the by I got another viable Blueberry Azure seed, I guess I will have to germinate them after this grow; but have to keep the DM Gold Range Reverse handy because it obvious the strain can hermie just from the fact I have 2 seed out of a .5oz of AAAA Meds.

One thing I can say is mix it @ the aggressive strength, promise won't hurt your girl (my word on that). Hell I have read several threads from a guy in England(yes I communicate to threads in England, Australia, Canada & even trying to brush up on my spanish & read some from Spain) who runs twice that strength without problems & he recommends it to everyone. I am not saying to do that I am just saying don't worry about using the aggressive formulation. It is funny they all use the same products outside the us as we do, except FF. The big thing English seem to be getting into is RDWC.

Also one more thing if DMGZ does bail you out, then it truely is the shiznit I have been toughting as! Right? Talk to ya soon my friend, ~H~

PS- I wasn't going to say it, but I already was thinking about the others doing it but you had the DMGZ coming already so I though leave it until you got stuff then say something!! Just did not want to stress you or work you up about the other plants without something there to deal with it! ~H~

Should I still try to rescue these ladies or should I just take clones while they are healthy and grow out the clones and scrap the plants?

I would take 1-4 clones from each plant and see what happens with what is left. Conventional wisdom in gardening says that when you prune roots you should prune the top of the plants as well. So cutting back the plants is recommended whether you decide to start clones or not. I personally wouldn't scrap the plants unless I had a reason to- it's good practice nurturing sick plants back to health. Within 2 weeks you'll know f your clones are rooting and if the moms have turned around. At that point you're probably going to have some space issues and have to make some choices about what to keep and what to ditch. At that point I would try to take another batch of clones from the moms and then get rid of them so I could focus my resources on the clones and seedlings.

Thanks for the info guys...I'm really thinking about taking a few more clones, but I'm so low on space as it is, it's getting ridiculous! My original plan was for two plants and flower one-at-a-time and right now I have four plants, two seedlings, and a clone all in the veg chamber and boy is it getting crowded in there!

H, I tell you what, if the DMGZ can save that wilted Kush, I'd consider buying the company! :grinjoint:

Here's some updates for today...

First, you all will be happy to know that I now have the permaflect film up in the veg chamber. I still haven't done the panda film curtains for lightproofing, but at least I got the walls & floor done:

room45.jpg

The haze that's in the hempy is doing good considering it's way in the back and not getting as much light:

RH1.jpg

The waterfarm haze is also hanging in there, but didn't see any roots hanging when I did the res change today:

RH2.jpg

Now, the Kush that's in the waterfarm (the healthy one I took the clone from yesterday) is doing GREAT! I had taken some shots of the new growth forming since I did the LST, but better yet, when I did the res change, I could see the roots hanging down. They haven't made it to the res yet, but I bet they do sometime next week. This one looks like it can recover if it keeps up the nice root growth. Sorry I don't have pics of the roots, but can't support the container and the camera at the same time. Here she is in the waterfarm:

AK116.jpg

And finally, the babies which seem to also be doing nicely in their mini hempys:

babies34.jpg

The clone is not wilting at all, so we'll look next week and see if she has any roots forming, but so far, so good.

When I did the res change for the Waterfarm plants, I upped PPM from about 400 last week, to about 520. We'll see how they take the higher PPM's, but since they did OK last week, I figured I push them a little now that PH is relatively stable and PPM's aren't rising like they were.

Speaking of stress for me...we just lost power for the last couple of hours. It's stress enough that I was worried about the girls, but to have the vape not work with power out was just too much to bear! :roorrip:

That was a hoot Krip!:laughtwo:

Mr. Krip I am indeed sorry to see you're experiencing so much pain before pleasure. Be assured you're not alone in it.

Just got caught up on everything, and man you've thrown everything but the kitchen sink at the problems and they're throwing right back!

On your feelings of the root mass not being able to support such growth... I say great call by jcool09. The physics of the plant size and the smaller root mass just wasn't sitting well in my head.

That STG seems to have a curse on it. I'm too newb to listen to, but I do like what I heard about taking some clones as pruning is necessary anyhow. You'll be ready if things should go south, AND you'll have the new seedlings in the arsenal as well. Just keeping the chamber loaded will result in a much quicker rebound/turnaround.

As was told to me upon my little crisis: Forward my good man, forward.

Shhh. Feel that breeze? That's my positive vibes coming your way.;)

Back
Top Bottom